Music Ever been to a concert?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Chance, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I haven't seen this as a thread, so I ask you all now..
    Have you ever been to a concert? Seen a band live?
    Heh, I've seen quite a few, my most recent concert going is tomorrow for a Coheed and Cambria, Head Automatica and Avenged Sevenfold concert in Providence, RI. Yeah, I'm stoked.

2. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

No, not really cause I am not a BIG fan of bands I just listen to what i like, not making a BIG deal about it...no offence, it's cool for you though:sweat:

3. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

When I was like 10, I had the opportunity to go to a Shakira concert (free tickets), and I was more excited about getting all gussied up with my friends and being able to say that I'd been to a concert then I was about actually going. We left three quarters of the way through, though, because it was terrible... none of us even liked Shakira at the time, the noise was giving us migraines, and we couldn't understand what exactly she was trying to do to the pole she was dancing on... lol. I'd like to try again now (Wango Tango! But I have no money for tickets, and I'm sure they're sold out by now anyway T_T), but concerts are not exactly in my budget..... heck, I can barely afford to stay home and listen to CDs these days.

4. Chane

Chane Audience of One

About a year ago I went to a concert with my friend Bus and one of his friends (forget his name unfortunately. Sorry :(). Anyways, we saw a couple bands whose names I don't remember but the main thing we went to see is the awesome band Tsunami Bomb. It was really cool, and wish I could do it again sometime, had a great time (would've been greater if I could drink though :p)

5. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Ha, Ive never been to any good as in cool concerts, or bands I like. But ive been to a random Jim Brickmen concert, and now I love buying sheet music by him.

6. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I went to a depeche mode one. I didn't like it much, I had expected more visual effects but oh well.

7. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Hell yeah! Okay maybe most of them were at music festivals or in hyde park but they're still awesome :D
    Though most of the time seeing anyone decent in concert is either really expensive or sold out....

8. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

i have been to a gouple concerts... but the kinds of concerts i usually go to im ushering for Tri M (Music honor society) *Points to self* "band geek". I have had the chance to meet some awesome people liek the likes of Maynard ferguson, sat and talked with him and the Duke Ellington band which i got to sit and talk with after the concert i ushered also got some autographs... being able to do what i have done that is just so awesome and I think ill have those memories forever, being a musician myself.

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

The last one I went to was Red Hot Chili Peppers in Toronto, back in y2k. They had Fishbone and some other band preceding them.

In the end it was lots of fun, and I got a collectible cap that I still wear to this day (though it's hardly in good shape now).

Also I'm being forced to go to an INXS concert at the end of May. I've never heard any of their music before, so I'm a little curious to see what it'll be like, but I also plan to bring a book, just in case. :p

Damn, I wish my discman wasn't broken though, it'd be better :/

10. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I put the DVD in of an artist on the big screen tv 42" (soon 160" movie screen muhahaha WoW. ;) ) and crank up surround sound. Invite a few friends over for our own mash pit. Good times.

Otherwise I have been to a few. I don't like to waste money.

11. Chance

I saw A7F last night, and I have to admit, I liked them. Coheed played too but neither were as good as Head Automatica. That's not the saddest part either.
    It was the whitest, most boring crowd ever. There were maybe four crowd surfers, and three small mosh pits during Avenged, but mostly just slack jawed teens standing, swaying and basically letting themselves be entranced by the music.
    And for the concert being primarily white, this may be because of the bands..(and A7F had a confederate flag up) and the music they played.

[​IMG]

Yeah, here's how much I love Coheed and Cambria. And i got the drumstick from the Coheed set.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, they call me Lucky for a reason.

12. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

Heh heeeeh I love me some live music

Garbage, David Bowie, The Foo fighters, Nine inch nails, John Fogerty (I know its old, I like it), Mach Pelican, The 50 Kaitens and I'll mention the chilli peppers even though they were rubbish when i saw them. I could go on. But I dont think theres much demand for that.

13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

First concert i ever went to was Bruse Springsteen ad the E-Street band in the RDS Arena. That was in 1997.

Since then i'm been to see:
    Stereophonics at Dublin Castle
    &
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers at The Phoinix Park.

I'm going to go and see Metallica in the RDS Arena in June.

14. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Squeeee!:anime:

Yes, last fall my dad surprised me by taking me to a Rolling Stones concert in Dayton. Let's just say my brain still has a hard time acknowledging it as real. Oh, I love my dad so much, he had me thinking that we were there for him to give a church seminar. Beck was the opening act too.

Other than that, the only other band I have seen is The Association at the Cincinnati Zoo a long time ago. You win beaucoup points in 60s rock knowledge if you know who they are.

Sigh, so sad being a classic rock fan. I have to try and see as many of them as I can before they die, and unfortunately many already have.

15. miyavigaku

miyavigaku New Member

D'espairsRay

I saw D'espairsRay a few months back, and they were so awesome!:)

16. Chance

Yar, I saw Flyleaf up at the Webster mid April. I totally forgot about that concert. xD

17. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

I've been to too many concerts...

Sarah Brightman
    Nickleback
    Rebecca St. James
    Renee Fleming
    Our Lady Peace
    Eminem
    Alice Cooper
    Simple Plan
    Avril Lavigne
    Sum 41

...I REALLY need to stop accepting free tickets from people :dizzy2:

18. Fushigi Rockna

i live in a small town, so we have to see all the concerts in the city.

I have been to one tho. Quite some years ago.

And i'm as embarrassed as hell about it. My dad's girlfriend had an extra ticket so.... >>

It was...
    Backstreet Boys >>;;;