Computers F****** BACKUP YOUR F****** Computer!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by c0ke, Sep 27, 2002.

1. c0ke

c0ke New Member

For anyone with a computer:

Always backup you important files.

Last week while I was hanging with my friends, I was installing UT2003 Demo. Well while installing the program, for some unknown reason, the computer froze halfway through the installation. Well I had no choice but to restart the computer by pulling the plug because the alt+ctrl+del wouldn't function (and my god damn computer doesn't have a f***ing reset button)

Well while the computer restarted, I left the room to get something to drink, not knowing that some question came up. When I came back, I found out that my computer couldn't find my harddrive. Why? because my friend clicked the highlighted selection which stated "1. DELETE ALL FILES IN YOUR HARDDRIVE" (Why the f*** did windows or my computer manufacturer put that selection the computer, I would like to f***ing know)

I lost everything f***ing thing in my computer, My stories, my mp3s, my movies, some programs I made for my c++ class, some java applet stuff, EVERYTHING.

I was so f***ing pissed off at my friend, I wanted to wring hand on his neck. F***ing choke him to death, but I didn't.

I had to completely reboot my computer, start over. All day I download required programs on my computers, it took forever because I have gay *** f***ing mother f***ing son of a ***** 56k, and I go dropped off several times.

Well As I said in the opening of this thread: F***ING BACKUP YOU F***ING COMPUTER ANYTIME YOU HAVE. You'll never know when some f***ing retarded friend of yours decides to completly delete your hard drive.

Postscript:

Luckly UT2003 demo was on a CD, but after I installed it, IT NEVER F***ING WORKED so all that was a f***ing waste. F***!

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

yep agreed.

Hehe you're trying to make sure none of us ever let a friend on the computer again.. I went through it, or almost did this summer when my hard drive died. Was able to get it back, but that's nother story. I was bummed when I thought it was all gone.

Regarding the UT2 demo, they have issued a patch that lets it work with a lot of video cards it was broken for before. Might want to try that if you still have the CD. But no letting your 'friend' install it..

3. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Oh man
    I feel your pain

A while ago, our power supply unit kind of exploded (Author's note: '>.< =) so HP had to fix it. We sent it in, the entire hard drive had been wiped upon its return. (Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) (Mom and dad: Whats that mean?)

It was not a fun time. I lost some of my favourite games.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Oh, man...dude, that STUNKS. Not stinks, plain and straight STUNKS.

Something like this happened to my parent's computer as well. They thought putting the boot disk back in would recover all the files from a system crash...:sweat2: Luckily, I backed everything up...just....a couple of months BEFORE what they needed.

I know it's because of what happened to you, but thanks for reminding me to back my stuff up, as I haven't done that in many months...

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I really think I should back up my files. My computer seems to be restarting every once in a while and then saying "PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK". And I think this happened to my older older sister too when she came over and used the net, and then after it said that again... it may be a virus, but I think it may be the connection to the hard drive being a bit loose.

I hope that you get back everything you lost...

6. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

*hurriedly backs up everything on computer*
    I'm relly sorry to hear that..... everything.....gone.......
    I hope you can get everything back again somehow.

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

What is the hard drive again?? ^^;;;
    And how do I backup my computer? :confused:

8. dack

dack New Member

the hard drive is used to store your permanent information like your movies, documents etc,
    to back up the contents of your hard drive there are a number of options like copying your stuff on to 700mb cdr's using a cd writer, or you could use a usb zip drive, or you could store small amounts of information online

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

So, I guess the only option that I have is the zipping ^^;
    But won't that go too??

10. Izer

Izer New Member

Brutal. Happened to me once before a long time ago, i lost everything on my 40mb hdd / 386SX (a very long time ago :)). I could have easily backed up everything i needed to a dozen or so floppy disks, instead i paid the price for my laziness. Poo.

Z, if you backup your data to an external source such as a zip disk then it'll be safe even if your hard drive fails/is wiped.

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

the zip disks will be fine as long as you keep them safe and from harm (ie don't put a big freaking magnet on it) and making a copy once in a while is a good thing...mine, when it died, let us get in one last time...so we popped out the hd and took it to a friends house, he has waaaaaaaay too much space on his computers, so we copied my cd onto one in it's own folder. (my hard drive deldeted the FAT files...sigh...) after that, the thing requested it be formattted....hehe

12. Vash

Vash New Member

Good reminder. Your pain is my pain, brother. I've had two hard drives melt down on me now and lost a lot of important stuff. But I still hardly ever back up!

I've kept the hard drives so that if I ever get rich enough I can pay the FBI to get the information off them.

I'm impressed that your friend is still alive. Such admirable restraint.