Harry Potter Facts On Books 6 & 7

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kain, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

July 16th, 2005 is the release date of the 6th book which is named Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince

Random Facts about the Books
    • Harry will leave Privet Drive early again, for a "much pleasanter" reason than in book 5.
    • The opening chapter of book 6 was originally planned for the early parts of book 1, perhaps we get a more in-depth story of what happened the night Harry's parents died.
    • Neither Harry or Voldemort (including Tom Riddle) are the Half-Blood Prince
    • Arthur Weasley will not be the new Minister of Magic
    • By the ends of books 6 and 7 "you'll have all the back story you'll need", says JK Rowling, and a prequel will not be necessary
    • There will be a new Minister of Magic, no more Mr. Fudge.
    • We will find out what happened to Hagrid's half brother Grawp. He will be a bit more controllable in book 6.
    • The Dursleys are in the next book, but Harry's stay with them will be the shortest yet. In book 5 he stayed for 4 weeks, so we know his stay will be less than 4 weeks.
    • Cho Chang will not be a romantic interest of Harry in Book 6, however there will be a "little romance" for Harry says JK.
    • In books 6 and 7 we will find out exactly why JK killed off Sirius.
    • Harry becomes even more powerful in book 6.
    • In books 6 and 7 we will find out why Dumbledore trusts Snape.
    • We will find out what happened to Wormtail AKA Peter Pettigrew
      More about the animosity between Snape and Sirius will be revealed in the last 2 books.
    • JK has said that giving away the form of Snape's boggart and patronus says too much. We'll definitely find out what Snape's worst fear is, and it'll be important.
    • Hermione and Draco will NOT end up together in book 6 or 7.
    • We will find out what exactly Dudley saw when he looked at the dementors.
    • The reason Voldemort and Harry both didn't die when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, will be revealed.
    • We will see more of Draco's mother, Narcissa Malfoy, now that Lucius is busy.
    • We'll learn more about Harry's scar in the last 2 books.
    • Moaning Myrtle will make an appearance again, as will Tonks.
    • More about Voldemort's birth will be revealed, thus helping us understand why he is so evil.
    • Muggles begin to notice "more and more odd" occurrences in book 6, says JK.
    • The wizarding world is really at war in the sixth book.
    • Harry will tell his dearest friends about the prophesy after it sinks in to him.
    • We will learn more about Harry's relatives, including his grandparents (though JK says they aren't really important to the story)
    • We will find out what happened to Sirius's motorbike.
    • Book 6 will be shorter than the 5th book (or at least JK's 99% sure, but will not swear on her children's lives)
    • There will be no "new" nationalities of children at Hogwarts. Hogwarts is a British school, and JK says that adding foreigners for the sake of it is not in her plans.
    • During an interview, when JKR was asked in which Hogwarts room she'd like to be for 1 hour, she said it would be a room in which Harry has been before, but doesn't know its importance. Yet. (this could have happened in book 5, but we're unsure)
    • It's very important in the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms.
    • During an interview for Kids BBC, Victor Greensteet (reporter) asked Rowling if Harry would have a dragon for a pet. This is what she replied: "You can't tame a dragon, no matter what Hagrid thinks. It's simply impossible. So no. He has more common sense. He MAY have a different pet in the future, but for now, I won't say anything else". (This could have been buckbeak, but I'm sure we can expect more pets)
    • In the same interview for Kids BBC, the reporter asked J. K. if Harry had ever used the internet, and this is what she had to say: "No. They (the Dursleys) won't let him go near Dudley's computer, and Dudley is the only one who has a computer. They hit him if he gets too near to the keyboard. So the answer would be No. I use it a lot, but Harry doesn't. Wizards don't really need to go on the web. They have an even better way to find out what's happening in the outside world, which I think is a lot more fun than the Internet, but I'm going to keep quiet on this one."
    • The choice between what's right and what's easy will be a pillar of the plot in Harry's last 2 years at Hogwarts
    • Harry's parents' profession will be a big part of the plot.
    • Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Thanks, thanks alot. now ill be rolling back and forth for the next 3 months. lol, j/k, but thanks for the update dude, these books will be the best one's ive ever read i'll bet.

3. Atomisk

Atomisk New Member

Thank You!!

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

thanx very much Kain..your very kind! :D

5. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I have a fact on the last book... supposedly JK already wrote it. This surprised me and I'm a little unsure if it's true. If it is, they better put it out next year! I don't think they will, but then again next year there won't be a movie....

6. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Apparently she has it all planed out and written but she wants to 'tidy it up' first.

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think JK has confirmed that she has the last chapter of the last book already written (i think this she said this around the time that the fifth book was realesed).

8. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

now that the sixth book has been realeased i found out the facts were true, but now its like the biggest cliffhanger! I need more facts!! lol

one of my "theories" is that the longbottoms are being controlled not to recover through the droobles bubble gum.

9. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Hmmm... usually it takes her like a year to write a book. But I can see now that it's true. I wonder when it'll be released?

10. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Probably around the same time as the last book :p.

I think that may be in about another 2 years, maybe if we're lucky.

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

she wrote the ending long ago, and has the notebook in a folder in a very safe location that no longer is in her house. there was some tv special around the time of book 6 coming out, (day before i think) that showed her writing room and her showing off the folder. which looks like hell btw. but it IS blue, which is great ^^

12. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Too bad they accomplish this by making the entire 6th book a flashback fluffer till the very end.

It's been a bit since I've read, why did they off Sirius? Just so HP can use the house?

lol

Wat? Room of Reqts?

The eyes tie to Snape, what about her wand?

Wat?

~W