Books Favorite Book series?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Chance, May 31, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I'm far too lazy a person to check if this is a repeat so I post this with faith it's not..

So, what's your favorite book series? I'm not talking manga, I mean honest to god novels.

Currently, I'd have to say I'm a huge fan of Laurell K. Hamilton and her Anita Blake series. Also a big fan of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. AND Stephen king's Dark Tower Series was rather good. =D

2. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I favor the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. It is very interesting as you read and progress through the history of redwall abbey. But out of all the books my Favourite is Taggerung.

3. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I like the Harry Potter series but that's the only real books I like really. I haven't read anything in a while so those are my only ones that I like.

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

My favorite series would have to be the Mage Wars series by Mercedes Lackey. The books follow the life of a gryphon named Skandranon Rashkae, beginning with a war against the evil mage Ma'ar in The Black Gryphon, following up by the building of a city and the mysterious murder plot in The White Gryphon, and finally the story of his son and his friend's daughter, Tadrith, and Silverblade (a human), as they crash-land in a jungle, far from home and find themselves hunted...

I won't go into anymore for fear of spoilers, but suffice to say the novels are by far an excellent read, and certainly top any other book I've ever seen before.

I strongly advise reading them for yourself. :)

5. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

Mine would be The Hunter Blade Trilogy By: R.A. Salvatore he writes very good books and hes one of my favorite authors very good you should check them out!

6. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I started reading those when I was in 4th grade but for some reason I don't find them as interesting anymore.
    I like Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, the Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini, His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman, and the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix.

7. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I've tried reading those but some times, I just don't know what's happening. After a while, I'll start reading them again once I just like leave it there for a while and stuff.

8. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yeah it gets kind of confusing. Especially when you get to the Amber Spyglass.
    I stilil don't get it myself.

9. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

I like The Cat Who... series by Lillian Jackson Braun. A small little mystery book every once in awhile always gets the brain tickin'.

10. Landia_x3

Landia_x3 New Member

My favorite book series was "Broken Sky" By Chris Wooding. I loved those books, it was kinda like an anime fantasy.

Awesome stuff!

11. Chance

Whoa, that reminds me of my younger years. :)

Kai and Ryushi, two elemental spirit stone using bad A**es. I was looking around the otherday and found I had the first four books lying around. I really do like that series And I'm glad you mentioned it. Wow..What a trip. =P

12. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

I enjoy Redwall... the feast scenes are enough to make you hungry. The battle scenes are good, not overly gory. The good guys always win, but it isn't as though the good guys never die. The stories aren't completely straight forward, but rather they are three threads woven together. You follow different characters, generally the (warrior)hero, the villian, and another hero(that deals with the riddles and what not), and in the end these strands come together in a climatic battle scene. Okay so they aren't all quite like that, just a general summary by me. I guess my current favorite is Taggerung..
    I always wait for the paper back.... twenty something dollars is not cheap... seven is much more managable. When I first got my hands on the series, I would read them in a day or two and then buy the next one I could get my hands on. I lost count after 13....hmm what was the most recent one?

Another series I like is.... Gah what was it... that criminal mastermind of a kid and the ELF and oh pooh...

Egads I'm how old and I still enjoy these books.....:sweat2: eh heh...

13. Chance

That would be Artemis Fowl. <3

14. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

correct. I did start to read the Dragon Riders of Pern series.... I believe I got sidetracked though.

15. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Discworld Series - Terry Pratchett

Harry Potter Series - J.K Rowling

Artimis Fowl Series - Eoin Colfer

16. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I have read the Redwall series also (Taggerung is also my favorite)by Brian Jacques,the Inheritence trilogy by Christopher Paolini, the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Johnathan Stroud, Dark Materials trilogy by Phillup Pullman, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, Im in the middle of the Abhorson Trilogy by Garth Nix, and the Wheel Of Time by Robert Jordan.
    Lots of trilogies in there ^^

-ashika

17. inuyasharules14

inuyasharules14 New Member

I love the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix. I just finished Lirael and I was alittle dissapointed, because of the way the book ended. Thank god there's another book coming out. I also Like the Keys to the Kingdom series, I think there's a total of 7 books in that, by Garth Nix, and the Seventh Tower series by Garth Nix. I've read the entire Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Series, and probably a million other ones, but I can't remember them all right now XD

Oh yeah, see how much of a terrible memory I have. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, another awesome series I've read. There was another that you all mentioned but I don't remember that one either.:blush: OH it was Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, real good series, has strong characters, and an easy distinction of good and evil.

18. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

There's another book coming out!?

19. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

It's really hard for me to pick a favorite series of books; I've been a bibliophile for as long as I can readily remember, and because of this I have far too many books to easily keep track of. Also, I have never really been good at narrowing down my favorites since I enjoy far too many things!

I suppose there are some series that stick out in my mind, though....

The Secret of the Unicorn Queen (various authors) - This is a series of six young adult fantasy novels that was published in 1988/1989 and it has been a favorite of mine for ages. Unfortunately they are all out of print, though the first two books were republished in a single volume a couple years ago.

Redwall is another series I've loved for years; I have most of the books in hardcover, and my copies of The Bellmaker and The Legend of Luke are both signed. I've also been enjoying Brian Jacques new series of books about the Flying Dutchman, and I would highly recommend them to any fan of the author.

The Song of the Lioness and Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce are wonderful fantasy series. I actually greatly enjoy all of her works, but these two quartets are probably my favorites out of what she's written.

The Belgariad by David Eddings. Yeah, it's old, and it's rather formulaic at times, but I still love it. I had forgotten just how much, then I started rereading it this week.

Lois McMaster Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan books are an excellent science fiction series, and definitely fall in among my favorites. Miles is an amazing character, and the writing style is superb.

While neither of these are exactly series, I have a deep fondness for the works of Jane Austin and the works of Shakespeare.

Really, this is just a list of the first half dozen or so series that came to mind. If you ask me at a different point in time, the list will have changed. ^_^

I would say that's probably a reference to Across the Wall, which is a collection of short stories by Garth Nix, including at least one set within the Kingdom. My brother has it, but I have yet to read it. I should borrow it from him at some point in the near future.

~Shadrach Anki

20. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

That's been out for quite a while.
    I've already read that one, I thought there was a whole new one.