Books Favorite Book series?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Chance, May 31, 2006.

1. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Yes, it has been out for quite a while. However, the new "adult cover" release is due out this November, and it's possible that people don't realize it's just a cover change.

~Shadrach Anki

2. Sango

Sango New Member

I love the Harry Potta series.....plus Lord-o-the-Rings.......and........besides manga that's pretty much it! :)

3. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

Mine would be Harry Potter. I love the books.

4. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I've been getting into this series recently is the Frank Burly novels by John Swartzwelder. There are just short comedy mysteries. The first is the Time Machine Did, the second is Double Wonderful, the third is How I Conquered Your Planet. Somebody else read them so we can discuss.

5. UchihaObitogirl

UchihaObitogirl New Member

i love manga but book books it'd have to be the Inheritence trilorgy(eragon,eldest)and the Water trilogy.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I like Dr. Seuss. Nothing beats it. "Green eggs and ham." all the way. ;)

How good are the eragon and eldest? I have seen them loads of times in the book store when I buy my manga.

7. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

They're really great, but I may be biased hear. It doesn't take long to read it, the plot is new and consistent, and Im waiting the third ^^ Its a good read

8. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Eragon and Eldest are great, but right now I'm sucked in to David Brin. Both the Uplift and Uplift Storm trilogies are AMAZING, and every book is over 400 pages, so it's pretty engrossing.

9. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Uhm...lesse....LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! *pounces on the books* I despise reading, but I've read those books sooo many times...and I can't put them down when I start reading them. I love reading the Star Wars books too, but all the random spinoff-type books are getting annoying. C.S. Lewis has some amazing series too...he's one crazy guy.

10. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

My fav series would have to be the sweep series. That and the Princess Diaries, they're nothing like the movies and actually she makes fun of the movies in them. ^_^ lol Granted she's a little to focuased on popularity but then again i've noticed that trend in Meg Cabot's book. Although right now i'm reading a bunch of philosophy books so i'm not really reading any novels at the moment.

11. asunder

asunder New Member

My favorite book series is Lord Of the Rings. I've re-read the famous trilogy at least 6 times over. Next in line is Stephen King's The Dark Tower series.Something that took him about 20 years to write .-....it's a grand epic!

12. Fushigi Rockna

Tbh, I have difficulty pinning a favorite series. What series I start out loving, I end up getting more and more disappointed with as time goes on (Harry Potter) or I just get bored with it. (Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events). Right now I guess I could say Artemis Fowl, although the newer books aren't so great.

Guess I'm more for single titles like Ella Enchanted, The Thief Lord and Stranger in a Strange Land.

1 person likes this.
  13. nocturnal_heart

nocturnal_heart New Member

Warriors;) :eek:

A friend of mine is addicted to them and kinda dragged me into it. We even have characters! Mine is Cloudtail:p I have never met anyone on the web who knows about the Warrior books. I joked around and told her I would write my own Warriors book series only instead of cats they would be chickens:p

1 person likes this.
  14. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

I'll admitt i haven't read the Warrior series but it looks interesting. I used to work at Waldenbooks and that series sells fairly well actually. At least it does in the Northwestern suburbs of Illinois.

15. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Aside from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I'd say everything with Robin Hobb.

Farseer Trilogy, Liveship Traders, The Solider Son and The Tawny Man :)

- Teddz

16. Ame no Hinoiri

Ame no Hinoiri New Member

My all-time favorites...

Nightside Series- Simon R. Green (7 books so far)
    Symphony of Ages- Elizabeth Haydon (7 books so far)
    Ender's Game- Orson Scott Card
    Keys to the Kingdom Series- Garth Nix (5 books so far)

17. Julius II

Julius II New Member

For Me i am a big fan of Michael Connelly's Harry Bosh series and the misc books he has released with different main characters.