Video Games favorite games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Project191, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Really? I remember it being a gray game controller and it having Gensis pop up on the screen when i hooked it into the back of the TV.

Thank you Mark. =)

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Out of my most played game systems lately..

DS: Diner Dash (it gets hard after awhile), Pokemon Diamond, Chrono Trigger.
    Xbox360: Fallout 3, BeastAxe, Left4Dead, Fable 2, RE5, and of course the very few RPG'S they have like Eternal Sonatra and Last Remnant.

Lately it's all i've had time to play. Beat all of the games above but still completing all the quests on FALLOUT3 <3

5. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Xbox 360. Gears of War, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Fall out 3, Oblivion, UFC, Call of Duty World at War, can't remembedr the RPG's that well for the 360

6. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Right now, Tales of Vesperia, Gears of War 2, and Mass Effect.

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

8. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I challenge you wert >.> To what I do not know

9. wertitis

I wish I still owned it. I lent it to my cousin when I lived in VA. I live in California now. I might be better off cutting my losses and buying it again.

~W

10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

wanna go for a ride, my friend?

teeheetiffy

come and get it. CoD MW and WaW queen bby.

11. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

LL Trojan Horse

Bring it xD

12. Chane

Chane Audience of One

My gamertag is RizeAgainzt but I mostly play my games on my bro's tag, wordvirus, since he's an achievement junkie.

And sidenote, Wert - Dead Space is easily the best survival horror game ever. I can't believe I forgot that, amazing ****ing game.

13. wertitis

Indeed, my friend. The controls are a pleasure and the graphics and imagery are incredible. I think you'll agree with me when I say it was the sounds that brought everything together. It's filled with some freakishly creepy noises. It's one of a handful of games that was able to flat out scare me.

If you own a 360 or PS3 but not Dead Space get your butt out there and buy it. It's an experience.

~W

14. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Definitely. What sold me was the commercial. All the shots they showed on top of the song, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Easiest the creepiest thing that I've ever seen/heard. And on a gameplay level, the assortment of weapons and miscellaneous abilities was a great addition. I'm normally not a fan of the stoic/silent protagonist like they tend to abuse so much in RPGs, but it really worked out for Isaac in this.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Hmm...It always sounded like "Doom 3 in Space" to me.

Does it have substance in addition to immersion?

16. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Wait, wasn't Doom 3 in space technically anyway? :p Anyways...

Define "substance"? It definitely has a plot - it's not quite as deep and riveting as an RPG or, say, Silent Hill, but it is definitely there. It's mostly about being chilling and frightening at first, the plot only seems to accelerate at the end, accompanied with a few very nice plot-twists.

The one down side is that the areas are repetitive - there are only a few areas of the ship and you visit each one twice. Though in its defense, some new doors will be open while some old ones will be closed at that point. As I said, weapon-design is great - not your standard pistol/shotgun/machine gun/giant plasma blaster combo. My personal favorite is the Ripper, which fires circular saw blades. ;)

I also enjoyed the lack of any real kind of HUD. Health, ammo and other gauges appear as information that seem to be built into the back of Isaac's suit, pretty unique.

As was said before, the sound is amazing. Dead Space has won awards for its audio.

GameSpot (Best Sound Design - Editor's choice and Reader's choice)

BAVGA (Best Use Of Audio, Best Original Score)

12th DICE Awards (Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design, was also nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction and Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition)

Game Developers Choice Awards (Best Audio)

GameSpot also gave it Best Atmosphere (Editor's choice) and Most surprisingly good game and Best original IP (Reader's choice). IGN gave it Best New IP and Game Informer gave it Game Of The Month. 12th DICE Awards also gave it Best Action Game Of The Year.

It's spawned a sequel rail-shooter for the Wii (meh), an anime OVA, a comic book, and is now being developed for a live-action movie with director D.J. Caruso.

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I think I'll give the game a shot.

I'm very picky when it comes to FPS games - each one needs something to truly set it apart from the standard run-and-gun fare to catch my interest. Flashy graphics, guns, and explosions are all neat, but there has to be enough of a lead on in story to make me care about getting from point A to B.

At the very least, it would give me a "dead" game to break my current tie - Dead Rising was heckuva lotta fun for me, but Left4Dead left me wondering what all the hype was about.

They used this in Ghostbusters. Gave me a hard time figuring out what all the values were to the point where I just guessed what levels everything was at.

18. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Well, Dead Space came out a year ago so it beat them to it. Ghostbusters was very confusing at first, but Dead Space's isn't as bad, trust me.

Also, Dead Space isn't technically an "FPS" since it's in the third-person. :p I personally tend to not like FPS games at all. Very few exceptions.

Left4Dead was fun for me, I love zombies and zombie apocalypse stuff, but definitely no depth to it. It was just slaughter-fun and that's where the "hype" came in, since it was primarily a multi-player game. I'm still going to give the sequel a chance, but it's not in my top anticipated games. Aside from Batman: Arkham Asylum, those go to:

1. Alan Wake
    2. BioShock 2
    3. Assassin's Creed 2
    4. Mass Effect 2

Also, wrong thread I know but would it be possible to bug you for a name-change, BMS? :p