Movies Favorite Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by That~Girl, Dec 27, 2001.

1. That~Girl

That~Girl New Member

)
    What is ur favorite movie of all time (anime/fiction/non-fiction)

Mine would be Erin Brocovich (i know that i spelled it wrong:p )

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It so hard to pick favorites...

...I'll just go with The Empire Strikes Back...

BakaMattSu, waiting for SMJ and Star Wars to combine....Here come the clone wars!!

3. That~Girl

That~Girl New Member

I saw Star wars ep1 and i liked it but im not thrilled to see ep2 . I hate sci-fi movies :mad: and Star Wars ep1 was an acception because Liam Neeson acts in the movie
    and i see him as an attractive man with the long beard and the long hair. Thinking of him makes me:D smile all day long:D

Its true its true...i love Liam Neeson

4. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

favorite movie?hmmm i would have to say my top three are Gladiator, the Matrix, and Gone in 60 Seconds they all rock and also have wonderful soundtracks lol

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Return of the Jedi is my favourite...it's either the cute (evil) little ewoks or the huge *** starship battle at the end with the cool music.

I haven't seen The Fellowship of the Ring yet *everyone gasps* but I'm sure that it may be even better than Star Wars episode 6 ;)

6. lost angel

lost angel New Member

hello

I'd have to say my fav. movie is (I know im stiking with anime but...) Endless Walts

Don't feel bad That Guy I haven't seen it eather

:rolleyes:

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Growing up, I really like Island at the top of the World There's something about a tribe of Vikings surviging until the present day, isolated up in the arctic :)

Anyway, since i can never pick out an absolute favourite, here is another list among many, in no particular order of some ok movies:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles
    A Shot in the Dark
    Snatch
    Fight Club
    Rush Hour
    Hot Shots
    UHF
    Mating Habits of Earthbound Human
    Sleepers (NOT the Hollywood one, but some british one about sleeper spies, that appeared on Masterpiece Theatre some time ago)

Think of this as a random list of some movies I sorta like. My favourite is still an open question though. (some of the movies on this list wouldn't come near being my favourite movie). At least it might give you an idea of what my favourite movie might be like if I had one.

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm going to have to say no other film up til now that I have seen has come close to the brilliance of 'The Fellowship of the Ring', and no other will for me until 'The Two Towers'. and after that 'The Return of the King'. No other movie has been more epic for me, and nothing shall ever be after.

"NO ONE TOSSES A DWARF!" -Gimli

9. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Bah! FotR wasn't that good. They cut out some of the best parts, mad e Gimli a whiner, and turned Strider into some renegade loser afraid of his past.

As for the comment on SW:ep1, are you telling me that you actually see a movie just because of who's in it? I'm sorry if I offend any, but that's f--king bull! If we all did that, then everybody would have gone and seen The Avengers because they like Sean Connery, and then would have realized that they just spent money to see one of the worst movies of all time. They'd go and see all those critically-acclaimed movies that nobody understands, but goes and wastes their time and hard-earned cash on and says they thought it was good just because someone on TV told them to!
    Dammit! I apologize if I seem a little off today. I'm just a little p-ssed at a few old friends of mine, some of whom you know. Don't worry about it. As always, I'm just another victim of the world. Pay me no heed.

Now, to answer the original question, I'm going to have to go with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It's the funniest movie ever.

GENTATSU: We are the KnightsWho Say GNZ!
    NO: You must bring us a shrubbery!
    ZANSHI: Now go away, or I will taunt you once more!
    CC61: You can't find coconuts in Strathroy! It's a temperate zone!

10. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

It's been a bit too long since I read the books. Wasn't he running from his past? I mean, he was in exile. It was voluntary, if I remember right. I'd say he was running from something. Someone enlighten me :D

And yes, I almost forgot. Quest for the Holy Grail should be on that little list of mine. What a classic..

11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I will say every action with comedy movie ... such as rush hour 1,2 (& 3 when its arrives!)
    In general, every Jakie Chan's movies ... ;) I LOVE HIM !!!

I hate drama or romance movies ...

And I hate horror movies ... !

OK, I admit it, I am a coward

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Dear GNZ:
    "Bah! FotR wasn't that good. They cut out some of the best parts, made Gimli a whiner, and turned Strider into some renegade loser afraid of his past."
    I don't care what you think. I didn't see Gimli as a whiner and I didn't see Strider as a loser! If you can't handle reading the trilogy, then you'll have to wait to watch the other two movies to see more character development.

"As for the comment on SW:ep1, are you telling me that you actually see a movie just because of who's in it? I'm sorry if I offend any, but that's f--king bull! If we all did that, then everybody would have gone and seen The Avengers"
    I believe some actors bring a lot more to the movie such as Liam Neeson and Ewan did for Episode One. You need good actors in movies for any movie to be any good! Everyone has a choice to make up their minds what to see too.

"Dammit! I apologize if I seem a little off today. I'm just a little p-ssed at a few old friends of mine, some of whom you know. Don't worry about it. As always, I'm just another victim of the world. Pay me no heed."

"Now, to answer the original question, I'm going to have to go with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It's the funniest movie ever."

man.. I sell shruberies..my Dad delivers them...

13. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Hrm...

Aoi's favorite movies are (not ranked):

~ Amadeus
    ~ Citizen Kane (yes I was something of a film student once and it rubbed off on me)
    ~ Sunshine
    ~ Europa Europa
    ~ The Great Dictator
    ~ Almost anything Terry Gilliam or Tim Burton sat in the director's chair for (although Twelve Monkeys isn't my favorite of Gilliam's films...)

Anime:
    ~ Ah Megamisama Movie
    ~ Anything Miyazaki has done which I have been able to grab (Mononoke Hime, Nausicaa, Kiki)

^_^

~ Lady Aoi: A teeeny bit old school?

14. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Ah, what the hell...I might as well add on.

Dear GNZ:
    "Bah! FotR wasn't that good. They cut out some of the best parts, made Gimli a whiner, and turned Strider into some renegade loser afraid of his past."
    Seraphim: I don't care what you think. I didn't see Gimli as a whiner and I didn't see Strider as a loser! If you can't handle reading the trilogy, then you'll have to wait to watch the other two movies to see more character development.

TG: This was the damn best movie I've ever seen. I'd say that it beats all the Star Wars movies due to it's deep storyline and awesome characters. I even love the quotes such as "Even the smallest of persons can change the course of the future" and Gandalfs whole pro-life talk with Frodo when Frodo said that Bilbo should have just killed Gollum when he had a chance. This also shows how awesome of a Christian the creator of Lord of the RIngs was. They could have kept in some of these awesome parts such as Tom Bombadil but the movie was 3 hours already man!

"As for the comment on SW:ep1, are you telling me that you actually see a movie just because of who's in it? I'm sorry if I offend any, but that's f--king bull! If we all did that, then everybody would have gone and seen The Avengers"
    Seraphim : I believe some actors bring a lot more to the movie such as Liam Neeson and Ewan did for Episode One. You need good actors in movies for any movie to be any good! Everyone has a choice to make up their minds what to see too.

TG : Wouldn't it be so damn awesome if Obi Wan was played by Mr. T!!!!!!!!!????

"Dammit! I apologize if I seem a little off today. I'm just a little p-ssed at a few old friends of mine, some of whom you know. Don't worry about it. As always, I'm just another victim of the world. Pay me no heed."

"Now, to answer the original question, I'm going to have to go with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It's the funniest movie ever."

man.. I sell shruberies..my Dad delivers them...
    TG : I help deliver em' too !!! NEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

15. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

ENMITY RISING!

Just a little message for That guy! and Seraphim:
    F--K OFF!
    I let you have your opinions, no matter how much I disagree with them, so the least you can do is allow me to have mine! It's attitudes like yours that make me want to smash something. And as for posting when I'm pissed off, when have any of you known me to be not pissed off about something?! As for that "can't handle reading the trilogy" crack, pull your heads out of your asses for a minute and listen, 'cause I'm only going to say this once. I HAVE BEEN READING THE DAMNED THING SINCE OCTOBER! I can't f--king help it if I never got around to reading the book until now, or that I'm not some kind of super-fast reading-type with the time for these things! Just back off!
    If you cannot read my posts without trying to call me out, then don't read them.
    I am sick of your comodification bull sh-t! You cannot reduce the views of those around you to seem insignificant just because you do not care what they have to say!

I'm not going to give the two of you my usual bit of politeness by apologizing. That would tell the world that I have no conviction.
    Let me just say this: You may not think that my opinions matter, be it because you think you're better than me (and don't you all) or because you just cannot take a person disagreeing with you, but I assure you, the opinions of every little person on this filthy rock we call a planet does matter.
    United we stand, divided we fall. It looks like a long way down as I plummet to my doom ...

16. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

GNZ .. cool down .. they didnt mean anything harm by wt they said

My favorite movie:

I cant say that i have a favorite but the one that i enjoyed the most is : I dream of Africa

im like u That Girl .. i dislike sci-fi movies .. i prefer movies that are based on true-life-stories .
    like Erin Brockovich and Ali
    or movies that has a sense of realism like Saving Private Ryan, The Quick and the Dead,Behind Enemy Lines // well u get my point :p

17. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Which to choose???

:p I will have to go by types of movies:
    For Anime: Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz, Special Edition
    For Sci-Fi/ fantasy: Lord of The Rings, The fellowship of the ring
    For comedy: Rush Hour and/or American Pie 1
    That is all, I guess.

18. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Dunno why, but I want to stick up more of my classic/strange taste favourites:

Back to the Future
    Gremlins
    007 Movies (20 of 'em so far...)
    Men in Black
    Saving Private Ryan
    Indiana Jones

BakaMattSu, the countdown to downtime continues...

19. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

All .. Some .. Few ..

Well .. my favs are Jakie Chan's .. all of them .. :D
    And some of Will Smith .. :)
    Not to mention few for Jean Cluade van Dam ..

Got it ;)

20. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Oh! I totally forgot old movies!

In old movies:

Back to the future (of course!)

Gremlins (I love that scary lady-gremlin at the end..she's, um, well, scary)

Rambo 1-2-3

Stand By Me