Square Enix Favorite Square Enix Game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Teddz, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Muse

Muse New Member

As far as solely Square-Enix goes... Just Final Fantasy XI. I haven't played Star Ocean yet but I REEEEALLY want to. All of the other games made by Square-Enix suck. *cough Drakengard hack* excuse me. ^_^

SquareSOFT though...

The Secret of Mana (2nd best game ever).
    Seiken Densetsu 3.
    Valkrie Profile.
    Einhander.
    FFIX.
    FFX.
    **Chrono Cross** (Best Game Ever).
    Chrono Trigger.
    Legend of Mana.
    FFVI (as in 6, I didn't care for 7).
    Super Mario RPG!
    Final Fantasy I.

Others? (not that you asked for others... but that's not important hehe)

Breath of Fire 3 & 4 (1 & 2 sookt)
    Onimusha 1,2,3, and blade warriors.
    Every Zelda game ever made. EVER. Even "The Adventures of Link" and all those crappy ones they made for the Phillips system. Zelda's the king!

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Oddly, I haven't replied to this yet.

1. Final Fantasy VIII - Easily a great storyline, especially when you look more in depth than what is shown mostly through Squall's eyes. Granted, Square took the easy way out by not explaining a lot of the things, but I like inferring my own details sometimes. Also, the battle system was unique, and although 'Drawing' was such an unbalanced way to customize characters, if you were fair about it, FFVIII was both challenging and fun. One of my favorite games of all time! *looks at the original VIII and the greatest hits edition he has*

2. XenoGears - Really epic storyline. Too bad Square decided NOT to keep it, and I'd have to question them for that. I mean, really, you can TELL this was going to be a GREAT series, but they didn't go through with it. Odd.

3. Parasite Eve Series - Amazing story, though a really wierd one. At least, one that has some basis in fact, as far as genetics go. Don't forget, also, that it was one of the freakier games that Square's come out with. Let us not forget the creepy fetus/queztacotl, the big leech/baby, the pregnant EVE, etc.......

4. Kingdom Hearts - Fun fun game. You also get to interact with great characters from Disney cartoons. With the exception of the camera troubles (though it was fixed in Final Mix) the games fighting was very intuitive and easy to grasp. Magic was easy to cast, especially when set to quick buttons, and some of the boss fights were VERY challenging. Not sure how people though Sephiroth was really challenging though, must have tried to beat him BEFORE getting Super Glide. Now Cloud and Squall....THAT was a hard match.

5. Final Fantasy VI - I'd LOVE to say that this started the FF trend in America, but it didn't. Sadly. Great cast of characters (some most defintely more than others), a great world setting, old school RPG fighting, and a free-form party. The fact that all characters come with abilities useful in certain battle situations just made the game more fun. One bad part is that it's easy to overpower baddies in the game, once you hit the halfway mark. Then again, it's up to YOU to make it as challenging as possible in the first place. =P

6. Terranigma - Well, you DID ask for Square-Enix games, so I'll put this under the "Enix" category, Teddzy. FUNNEST fully real-time action RPG right next to Kingdom Hearts. You get to watch civilization evolve, you see races prosper or vanish, you get to basically live outside of time! Really fun game. Especially since it was done on the SNES, the graphics are great. This was actually the final Installment of the Soul series. Going from Soul Blazer, to Illusion of Gaia, to Terranigma.

7. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - This gets on the list solely because of all the insider Mario jokes. Countless jokes on his Jumping ability, finding both Zelda and Samus, the "Princess is inside another castle" joke, even Bowser's kidnapping of Toadstool! Then there's the gameplay, really intuitive, and fun to play with. Especially because, as you fight, you also have to do different button presses to initiate something. From adding jumps, to just making a "critical hit".

8. Chrono Trigger - One of the super-classics. 12 different endings, fun characters, and great graphics. Memorable score, and amazing sound effects for a 16-bit system. You have to love the multi-techs. Sadly, the final boss was SORELY lacking. The FIRST Lavos was more challenging than either of the last two.

9. Final Fantasy X-2 - Yeah, it's on there. It's a great game, once you get used to the entirety of its tempo. It's made to be extremely fast paced. True, it does take away from a lot of planning, in which a lot of "traditional" RPGs need, but it does go well with the overall theme of a lot of the game itself. Plus, once acclimated to the fighting, it actually works rather well. You don't need to be SUPER strong in the game to win. Just find the right combination of characters, and you can up the damage incredibly. Plus, Rikku's wearing a thong.

10. Final Fantasy VII - Overhyped game, really. I mean, it's a great game. But people make SO much of it, that it's unbearable. Honestly, this game seriously BLINDS people to other RPGs out there. There are better ones, and they're not being played because it doesn't follow the same vein as this one. However, the story was great, the characters were awesome, and I really loved watching Leviathan and Alexander and Bahamute ZERO do their things.

1 person likes this.
  3. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

final fantasy 7
    my favorite
    my number ONE favorite that is

4. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

My favorite games, who I will not order, are FFX, FFX-2, and Kingdom Hearts. I liked Kingdom Hearts because
    a) Riku :D
    b) The plot line was very good and developed
    c) I was just plain addicting.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

FF7.......I could play that game over and over and over again! Then it would be FF 10-2, very crisp graphics!

6. Uzumaki_Naruto

Uzumaki_Naruto New Member

Final Fantasy VII blows all others to hell and back, but other than FFVII, Final Fantasy X is great too, but FFVII is easily the best Square game

7. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

my favorite

my favorite is final fantasy VIII but i liked very much of bahamut's lagoon and chrono trigger.

8. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

My favorite is the Final Fantasy series. Then it would be chrono cross which is a very very very good game. And thats about it i guess....

9. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

My favorite is Kingdom Hearts! ( can't wait until Number two comes out ) Then the next would be Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, and then Final Fantasy VIII

10. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

For me it's Kingdom Hearts 1st place, Chain of Memories 2nd place.

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I'm going for FFVII first, then FFX-2. Why X-2? Because it's full of girl power! Everyone likes that. Also, the girls look very...interesting....

-Seishin

12. Engel

Engel New Member

Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls. Ha ha.

All around; Final Fantasy Rocks. :D

1 person likes this.
  13. nomad-alpha

nomad-alpha New Member

id havta sai front mission 4.....

1 person likes this.
  14. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

i like all the ff's and star ocean 1&2

1 person likes this.
  15. sylverdragonfly

sylverdragonfly New Member

1. Xenogears: I got into this game before the FF series, and it's just a fantastic game if you really pay attention to it. I love the fact that this game has so much history and combines so many myths, legends, and ::gasp:: even religious themes (Cain killed Abel o_O) from different cultures to make something so unique. A smart game I think.

2. FFVII: It was the first out of the FF series I played, and it just blew me away. I don't care about graphics, if something is pretty and has no substance then...well it really has to hold my attention especially as a girl playing VG. It wasn't too romantic, there were undertones, but it didn't consume the story to the point where I thought I would get cavities from the sweetness. It wasn't too easy, it had that mix of...just right really.

3. Kingdom Hearts: Utterly and without question one of the most unique games to come from the genre. Incredible how SE and Disney came together like that, merging. I was a skeptic at first I admit, but it's totally #3 I loved the dynamics of the characters!

4. FFVI: Held much the same feeling for me as FFVII really it's the whole fantasy thing that I felt along the line started to...get lost somewhere in some of the following FF games. I adored this game.

Non SE

1. Zelda...need I say anything else

2. Thousand Arms: If you have never played it, especially for the guys, this is a good one XD It's a cross between this grand RPG like what you see in FF except you have to get your intimacy lvl up instead...don't gimme that look it's not like that...and you get to date these hot chicks right? If you screw up saying something they slap you, it's more humor, like a spoof.

3. Megaman Legends: I liked this better than the side scrolling Megaman, there's more depth and t's more like an rpg type deal instead of moving on to levels you have the world to explore. It was cute ^.^

1 person likes this.
  16. Seishin

Seishin Guest

It didn't turn into my favourite, but it left a great impression! I'm talking about the one and only, Kingdom Hearts! I can't belive i didn't play this game any sooner. The Disney things kinda threw my attention though, but after getting into it, it was simply great. Gameplay wise, and story wise (except for what i like to call the "Death Camera" in that game).

Possibly Kingdom Heats II may be the best, since it's the bettered, and it contains some of my favourite heroes like Jack Sparrow. Speaking of which, i hope Johnny Depp (or someone that sounds a lot like him) does his voice, if not, the magic is killed!

-Seishin

17. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Yeah. Likewise, Im hoping Kingdom Hearts to have a good story. And hopefully more of my favourite characters, like Jack Skellington or Cloud, return. Jack Sparrow, the fixed camera system, and the new and improved MP system is probably going to make this game much better than the first.

- Kaiyon

18. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

Yeah! i forgot about Kingdom Hearts!! i like that game too.

i have both the first and second one. i thought that the second one would be for PS2 because of the commercials. In the commercials, it had such good graphics like the kind that you'd normally see for PS2 and not the DS and the SP and all the rest of those ketchups and mustards lol. i don't know if Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is for the PS2 now.....but it doesn't matter to me cause i already have it.

i also wanted to add the Dead or Alive series to my favorites.

19. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

Kingdom Hearts is my favorite Squate Enix game.

20. Muse

Muse New Member

Heh, I don't consider any of the good games to be SE games, I still associate my favorites with Squaresoft, because, quite frankly, Square-Enix games are horrible. My favorite *Square-Enix* game would have to be Final Fantasy XI, but the bestest *Squaresoft* games for me are: FFVI(III), VIII, IX, and X, The Secret of Mana, *Seiken Densetsu 3, Einhander, Kingdom Hearts, and my personal favorite - Chrono Cross. YAY! Go Chrono Cross!