Comics favourite X-Men

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deathscythe, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

Mine are Wolverine, Gambit, and Cyclopes

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Wolverine, Rogue, Pyslocke, Jubilee, Gambit.

Three of 'em are hot. Guess which? :p

3. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

Gee, maybe Rogue, Psyclocke, and Jubilee, duh!:dizzy2:

4. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

My favorite characters are Gambit and Rogue .. thats why im a G and R shipper ^,^ I liked them in the animted series .. they were so cute when they were together ..

5. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Rouge.. Storm...and that blue devil dude... what is his name?? night crawler :D they all kick soda cans :) adn Jean Grey! go Jean!

6. Knives

Knives New Member

Nightcrawler then Gambit

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Gotta be Wolverine...:)

8. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Rogue, Shadowcat, and Nightcrawler. ^_^

9. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I've always liked Jubilee and Gambit... but I never followed the X-men much.

- Ark

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

good side:
    Wolverine, psylocke & morph(he's dead... he was an old character)

Evil side:

MAGNETO >: D

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

morph was a neat idea that they killed before they could make him stupid. as was shown what would have been done with him in the age of apocalyspe run.

Gambit, Wolvie, Jubilee, storm.
    i have a bit of a marvel pref for some reason.

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Morph was a SUPERB idea. So was Blink. They were great in AoA. So many possibilities for them and they were just amazing in the creativity. But then...having Morph turn into ANYTHING was just too far. Blink's almost unlimited power was too...I mean...if she could sent anything to the moon, then why didn't she splice Holocaust like she did the Phalanx?

But, at least Morph looked cool...when he was really skinny. He looked like...a weird version of a clay Tick when he was buffed up. He looks better as an eraser. ;)

Blink...well...she changed a LOT from her first incarnation. First off, she couldn't teleport things, I don't think. The main extent of her power was to splice and randomly teleport parts of other matter to different places. Though, going in that direction, she CAN grow in power, like in AoA.

In any case, a cool X-dude was Cable. He has POWERFUL psychic powers, but it's kept in check because of the Legacy Virus. Human because he was forced to be. Wierd irony, I thought.

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I have a question....

What the heck is wrong with cable's arm??

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe it's heavily infected with the legacy virus. his telekenetic powers keep it at bay, confined with in his arm. (auf hate!)

15. chibichibirei

chibichibirei New Member

Storm and Gambit are the coolest...but wolverene isnt half bad :D

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Like BB said, Cable has telekinetic powers, able to move objects at will. His arm, infected with the legacy virus (made by...Strife.) threatens to overtake the whole of Cable, had he not used his very VERY impressive pyschokinetic powers to keep the virus from spreading. In fact, Cable uses almost ALL his power to keep it from spreading. That's why, more often than not, you see Cable's eye "twitching"...that is, throwing out light. It's his mutant powers in constant effect. That's pretty much what I meant by being forced to be human. He can't really tap into his powers because of the fact that he's using most, if not all, of them to keep him unharmed from the Virus. I believe he's shown some of his powers before, but never on a constant basis at all.

In the cartoon from many moons ago, it seemed as if Cable's arm was just an upgrade, it having his cube housed and all...how odd. Then again, lots of things were wrong in that little cartoonimated stink...or stint, whichever.

***********SPOILERS************

As a side note, Cable's full name is Nathan Dayspring Askani. It's been a big rumor that Cable is actually the son of Jean Grey and Scott Summers. That, in essence, is both true and false. Nathan *is* the biological combination of both mutants, and *was* birthed by Jean. However, they weren't exactly...themselves at that moment. They were, at that time, better known as Slym and Redd, old nicknames. The two were brought into an alternate world by Mother Askani (I forgot her importance in the original timeline though) to destroy Apocalypse (The cool Marvel one, not the crappy Apokalypse of DC...crap, IMHO.). They ended up succeeding, and somewhere along the line, had Nathan. But, they ended up going back to their own timeline, leaving Nathan in the care of the Askani (it's actually a sisterhood of some sort). We see Cable in the present Marvel timeline (such as it is...) because he's there to prevent the future of...whatever. And that's where I become lost. :D Edit: Jean and Scott don't remember anything because, well, they apparently lost all recollection after the battle. ^_^

Nathan Summers, of Age of Apocalypse, is ALSO the stew of Jean and Scott. In essense, he's what Cable is meant to be. An almost ultimately powered psychic, I believe he would have easily taken Apocalypse down if not for Magneto being a butthole and trying to interrupt and act macho. But, his power was awesome. Psionic spikes, and power fueled by both his strength of will and the sun...a la Jean and Scott, respectively. :D Thing is, he was literally created. Created by Forge to be exact. :D

*******ENDOSPOILERS******

Man, that was a lot! Fun to try and remember though.

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

It's has and always will be Wolverine after I read my cousin's comic which had his first appearance (thier mom threw it away tho...I told them to give it to me).

Also, I was wondering. If there are any die hard X-men fans out there, one of my friends is selling his sets of the first 76 episodes of the cartoon series (yah know, the one they used to air saturday mornings along with Ghost Busters and the other classics). If anyone is interested, drop me an PM.

18. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i know those ones, taped em all off tv when it was airing..heheh was great, well, just for gambit and wolvie really...and jubilee...interesting know the guy that did gambits voice was the guy in silk stockings when the first season of that was airing.

19. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I'm going off the track with this choice and say "Beast". Wh can't love the Beast.

Followed very closely the rest of the origina X-Men:

Cyclops
    Jean Gray
    Angel
    Iceman

20. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

heh beast is almost the perfect man.
    hes' smart, funny, cuddly, and warm too(fur and all) *^-^*;;