Video Games Fight Club! [Submit your video]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shen, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Ok guys, we are going to dedicate this thread for the submission of yourself playing a beat-em-up game. You are entitled to show-off your best moves and prove yourself to the VG mods, myself (Shen) and Teddz who will decide who is the best... we'll make a competition out of this.

Of course we are going to have a few rules:

- Submission of fighting games only. (Soul Calibur, Streetfighter, Tekken, DoA)
    - 2 rounds of 60 seconds.
    - Against friend or computer... the aim is to show off.

These will be the rules for the time being, we may vary/add more later. So, let the games begin!

*N.B: On submission, please state clearly the game you're playing and the characters involved. Thank you

Courtesy of Teddz's idea

- Shen

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Feel free to submit how many tapes you want. It could be from a digital camera, or your standard webcam, or even your cellphone!

Of course, we would be submitting too, but we are not part of this competition. So get your bandanas, and metal gloves ready, because round 1 is about to start.

- Teddz

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Where, and how do we send them?

And may I suggest we add Mortal Kombat to the list if we can? And I don't mean the new MK's, I mean the Old school Mortal Kombat, including MK1, MK2, MK3, and MK Trilogy. Showing off your combos and best fatalities is something I think would be nice. But I'm guessing that may be a problem thanks to the ESRB and such...

-Seishin

4. Teddz

We are going by Evo2k (The biggest fighting championship competition) rules, and to name some of the games that are possible for "show off" are the following:

You can use www.yousendit.com to upload your files, and later post the download link on this thread.

- Teddz

5. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

things became seriousss then.. you guyz are in sweet danger!! <3

6. Teddz

Well, it's not exactly that you could kick our asses from a distance, it's all about showing off sweet juggles, combos and mad omfg wtf hackz0r 1337 skillz :)

- Teddz

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Shen mentioned two rounds of 60 seconds. Would that be the minimum for the Video, or the max? Would that then mean that we can just show a small (let's say...) 20 sec. clip of one bada** move?

Oh, and pardon for not saying this earlier, but awsome Idea!

-Seishin

8. Teddz

Max actually, too many rounds would leave to a long video (In both time and size :p), so we consider two rounds and 60 secs as max. As long as it's a badass move, go ahead.

- Teddz

9. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

be prepared to be amazed by my 1337 magneto moves in MvsC2... I wish I had an arcade stick in my house so you could see me at my mightiest... but the DC pad would have to do :-/

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well actually, it will depend on your game. With Tekken 3 (A game I will be submitting) 2 rounds can end in like 40 seconds... and really not enough time to pull out all the tricks. And because it's quite an old game, there is no option (against the computer) to choose a handicap or decrease hit damage, so it all ends very quickly. Though my submission will not count my video will be 5 rounds, but it's like 2 or so minutes long in total.

So, additionally I'll like to add these rules:

- If possible, decrease hit damage
    - If possible, Max your handicap

If the game does not have any of the above features, we will allow 1 extra round but no more.

- Shen

11. Teddz

Spread the word so that we can get more and diverse videos of different games :D

I guess I need to clearify why Mortal Kombat, oldschool ones, aren't on the list. It's simple, showing fatalities is indeed cool, but it's easy for the rest of the gamers to execute. We are not against the game, it's just that the game seem to lack some rate of skills.

- Teddz

12. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

yes we need old school ones since am an old gamer..! but dudes..y dont we go on all one to one fighting games!? new and old..2d an 3d..us and japanese..i really can show off on many games XD
    any way..i'm willing to do movies for the following:

-starting with tekken 5
    -king of fighters 2002 or any other..
    -street fighter 2 up to the 3 series
    -killer instinct 1 or 2
    -kortal mombat ultimate (we used to call it as this.;P)
    -rival schools 2
    -last blade 2

these are the best of me..and i can do it all one by one..so lets make this universal with games? shin and teddz..what do you think.

13. Orion

Orion Gears

Oh my God this was actually made, shweet... :)

-Ian

14. Teddz

Hey, it was bound to happen.

child of sin,

Last Blade 2 and Rival School 2 should be ok, but the reason why we chose those games is that we would like to narrow down the game titles for now. Or else we would have to look through some 400 videos :D

- Teddz

15. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

oky..any place to host the videos?

16. Teddz

You could upload your files on www.yousendit.com and post the download link here.

- Teddz

17. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

ok now..i was facing problems with reducing the files size! but i think t'll be ok now..
    i made these TEKKEN 5 bu paul, a few rounds on the arcade mode, and a few on VS. mode with my friends..i couldnt make the other players cuz im very busy at work and i come late at night..but i'll try to make some more and other games too at this weekend. ;D

arcade mode:
    http://s58.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2X88B3XRMCO4SIQADCRC10288

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.php?id=MII7AZ9MJJ4K3RLLEL1HBVUOK

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.php?id=1SUZCDIMD85C83PWVZF1YKT6OO

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.php?id=117AW61ZJ5IOO1IMRWGW2L3XCG

V.s mode:
    http://s57.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2N73L43ZXJOKO2UL9JJK74UW4W

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2UE8VE454WSG02QE3HB26IPIC8

18. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Hmmmm, seems like none of those links appear to work :\

- Shen

19. Orion

Orion Gears

Yeah, every one of those links is no good. Any other sites that host them? What about www.zippyvideos.com ?

-Ian

1 person likes this.
  20. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

eeeek! sorryy ^__~; buti really dont know y its not working..teddz gave me the same place you adviced trigun..i'll try it out again when i'm back home..