Movies films that should have stayed as books/comics

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by zaptheflies, Dec 7, 2005.

1. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

you just can't go and make a film out of any book. you have to have the right technology to make the book come to life. [not to mention a bad *** director]

for example LOTR was perfection, the stroy changed a bit but it was a good as it could have gotten.

the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy however was not.

it was kinda wierd, but more importantly it BORED

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I'm only waiting to see how The Chronicles of Nardia do.

Other than that. I'd have thought the first Spider-Man movie should have stayed in comics, until the second one came out.

-Seishin

3. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

yes i am gonna go see the chronicles of Narnia tomorrow. hopefully it will be good.

another movie that should have stayed a comic was
    the hulk

loved the whole comic book viewing theme but it just didn't do it for me.

and that Batman Begins i could have done without.:p

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned, the movie was so bad it made me cry... err ok not really.

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Eh, bad movie for a bad book, but that's just my opinion. :p

6. monkiki_ba

monkiki_ba New Member

true, that movie practically put me into depression seeing as to how many people thought that it was a good movie!

batman begins... that should've stayed as a comic, too.

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The Harry Potter films should never have been done, they definatly should have stayed as books (yes, this is another chance for me to rant about how bad the HP movies are, but i won't :p)

I wasn't as fond of the first Xmen film (still haven't seen he second). I like the comics, and i actually thought that the characters in the film were well played and did stay loyal to this from the comics, but i just thought that the story in the whole thing stank, and was a bit of a let down.

8. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

yeah i got that impression from both films [Xmen 1&2].:dizzy:

but i think that happens in general in any film that is being made from a comic series. I thinks it just that for one its just too much story to put in to a 2 hour film. second the main or favored character are always done by unknow/untried actors. which isnt bad if they have talent. and third the fans of the comic just won't be satisfied especially when money hungry hollywood companys [WB or FOX] morph the whole story line:mad: that will probably never change.

im waiting to see how they reinvent Superman. i hear roth is good, but like i said above sometimes things go seriously wrong.

9. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

i think their are more concered in making Harry Potter a blady comedy then sticking to the ****ing storie

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Any/all of the (fairly) recent Marvel Comics-based movies. Bring back the 90s cartoons, dammit! :mad: X-men rocked when it was a cartoon and before all that evolution crap ;_;

11. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I'd beg to differ but, eh... X-Men over all just started to get crappy.

12. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

Yes bring back the 90's cartoons!! :D

I hate that stupid "the batman" on Cartoon network. poorly done in my opinion. and the x-men cartoon of the 90's are okay up to a certian point. anything after they get grey back from the phinox mostly sucks *i didn't like how the cartoon did the whole time traveling bit*.

the 90's spiderman cartoon is the same. good only to a certian point.
    the hulk was pretty good too.[go she hulk]

I think the only cartooon made into a successful movie with a sequal was [drum roll & symbol]
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!:cool:

I agree with kain & hunter on the harry potter books.:anger2: i had never read the books till after the second film. i was disappointed from then on.

speaking of magic i would love it if peter jackson would do R.A. salvators Drow legacy. :anime:

Movies that really really should have stayed books are practically all the stephen king movies. the bad ones where horrible butchered story & crappy actors. and thats cause he did most of the scripting.

can we say Mr king should stay an author not a script writer.

kinda long but things kept poping into me head hehe
    now i got a head ache...

see you guys after new years ;)

!m!have a rocking holiday [suppose to be throwing a rockon sign he he]

13. Chane

Chane Audience of One

No. Please, God, no. Not only should those wonderful legacies not be touched by the hands of film-makers in anyway, shape or form, but no one could properly portray the great characters like Drizzt, and only later on do we meet the awesome character, Artemis Entreri, so to get the series to it's full scale they'd have to make tons of movies. Not to mention how awkward it would be to see a bunch of people with black paint on them running around (I bad karma the person who says it'll need to be dark blue/purple/brown :p).

And in addition to that, there's already enough idiots running trying to idolize Drizzt Do'Urden in every forum, chat room, MMORPG, MBRP, MUD, MUSH, MOO and chat room RP... it may seem like it can't get worse, but believe me... it can.

14. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy, Pitch Fever (Why bother with the remake when the orignal is MUCH better?) and, to be honest, Spawn.

They could make Spawn into a such brilliant movie, but it turned out to be so...so...lame.

- Teddz

15. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

The chronicles of Narnia, the book was so much better..the movie sucked

16. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

hmmm. a film that should have stayed as a book?
    Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, the film REALLY sucked ass, big time

17. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

hehe your right after a second thought there are enough LOTR droids running around, we wouldn't want to add dark elves to the walmart costume rack. hehe

[:catgirl: you make me laugh dude:catgirl: ]

after a wonderfully long sentance from La Sombra I agree forgotton relams should remain forgotton by the retarded hench men of hollywood.

18. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

was king kong a book originally??

[ i got a fly swatter for christmas, and a jar of flies >:p]

19. Orion

Orion Gears

I'm pretty sure it was. The first movie was released in the thirties, so it would have been a long time ago. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy wasn't THAT bad was it? I liked it.

20. zaptheflies

zaptheflies New Member

eh well, then kong is okay for a remake. Why did they have to kill the monkey?!? call me ign'ant but i had never seen any kong movies i didn't know they kill kong!!

and yes Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy WAS that bad.

Any takers on aeon flux?? I'm still iffy on it. the transmutation from show to reality graphic wise was done well.