Square Enix Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Ff Vii-2

*****POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD*****

Yeah, I noticed that there wasn't a thread on this yet(I think...)

I read about it in Game Informer, and saw these beautiful screenshots. I think it is only going to be a movie, but Square Enix is going to re-release FF VII on PS2 (hopefully with updated graphics). The movie might come boxed with it...I think.

Screen Shots thanks to GI

1 person likes this.
  2. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yeah, that's the pretty mean CG movie! I saw the trailer for it on my friend's computer a while ago, and it looks nice as well as hyping. "THIS is what the first Final Fantasy movie should have been" is probably the magic quote everyone is gonna be saying.

I didn't know there's a chance for a game version of it. They probably will just only stick to the movie.

3. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Omg. At first when I read this and looked at the screenshots, I thought it was a game. Phew. I can't wait for this movieeee.. And if it is a game. Tons of cash right there, for 'em. I think they should do ettt. ;P

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I read they are not re-releasing the game with updated graphics. And the upcoming 2004 OVA is called Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

http://www.gameforms.com/news/?1014

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Those screen shots look pretty cool and it would have been good if they were planning to release this as a game but i guess yu can't have everything. By the way is it me or does the new model of Cloud look almost a copy of Tidius from FFX.

6. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Could be. It does, kind of. But, I think he works great for Cloud. Too bad a game this great wouldn't ever happen to work. . . But. The FF series hasn't really put me down once yet. Suu. I'm not complaining. ;P

Well. I won't lie. FFX-2 ish a little--. . .

7. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

FF:AC updated info

Music

On the official FF: Advent Children site it states Nobuo Uematsu will introduce new music themes into the movie however he also said that the three most famous themes from the game 'One Winged Angel, the main theme and Aeris's theme' will most likely play a part in areas of the movie.

Characters

Cloud as we all know is featured as the main character except he wears a slight change in clothing.

Sephiroth's role is unclear... most likely will feature as a flashback but this is uncertain. In the trailer there is a white caped man on a wheelchair... rumours say that this 'could' be Sephiroth.

Barret will feature... little is known about him, but he has a modified right arm weapon

It is unclear if the cloaked figure jumping from the sky is Vincent in one of the screenshots, but some japanese magazines has already stated that this is Vincent for sure.

Aeris's was in one of the screenshots floating in the water in front of Cloud.

Grey haired enemy... seen fighting Cloud. Cloned Sephiroth? Controlled by Sephiroth? we are yet to find out.

That's the cast lineup thus far. More info will be added as more is revealed about the movie.

Keep an outlook for updated news on this thread.

^Shen^

8. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Im surprised i didnt find a thread about FF advent children. I just saw the trailor and was blown away by it. I truly sense a masterpeice coming up. One of my most anticipated dvds of the year besides others ( actually none). I want to hear ya thoughts about this upcoming movie.

9. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Um... Actually there is a thread about it "Ff Vii-2" By the good doctor, Dr Nick Rivera, has some screen shots & such.

1 person likes this.
  10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

11. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Yeah, this is gunna be an awsome one, I cant wait for it.

The Cg's look mean and awsome, the art is astounding.

And Cloud..... is there anything more i need to say???

1 person likes this.
  12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I've just seen a magazine scan. This is what Shen was talking about!
    The mag scan

[edit1]

I'll post the official japanese website for reference!
    FF ADVENT OFFCIAL SITE

I saw the site's trailer! IS SEEMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL IS NARRATING! I DEFINETLY HOPE IT'S NOT AERITH/AERIS! MAybe it's Barrets daughter, but she should be older? Her name is marlene?

13. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Sure is.

New trailer clips available here

^Shen^

14. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

***ATTENTION***

New FF:AC trailer out! Check it out!

You can work out who those characters are in it.

^Shen^

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

:D YAY! ^____^... Thanks Shen for the link!
    wonder how yuffie looks like. I want a close-up of Aeris!
    I think Tifa and Marlene were talking weren't they? I'd like to see the Trunks and Shina personnel :D...T_T I'm expecting so many things :eek:!
    ...Ahem away from characers, and a focus on the towns, villages:
    What places to you hope to see in FFAC?

I'd like to see Golden Saucer in 3D animation! :D

16. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

That for sure would be a great. The only city known at the moment is Midgar as shown in the trailers as a half destroyed city. Wutai would be quite grand come to the think of it but I doubt it'll feature unless Yuffie is in it. Nibelheim is likely to feature too. Now what will brighten up the movie are chocobos.

^Shen^

17. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I wonder if we will see different colored chocoboes in FF:AC? Not just the usual yellow chocobo, but the blue, red, black ones.

Some fansubbers have released an english transulated sub of the trailer, which explains a lot. :D

18. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Been reading through the theories section which is newly posted up.. Some nutsey ideas about, but it's all plausible. The main mystery is the wheelchair person... Spethiroth? Aeris? or Hojo? these seem to be the main ones mentioned.

As for chocobos, I think they'll be more of a background cast rather than in th movie itself (if any that is...) but there's too much unexplained things about to even start thinking about possible character appearances. One way or the other it is established that Barret, Vincent, Aeris, Septh and Cloud are in it.

- Shen

19. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

Is Aeries in it as a character? Or just as a memory that one of the characters, most likely Cloud revisits?

Also, on Vincent, I thought it was just a theory that the guy jumping at the camera was him? Has it been confirmed? 'Cause he was my second favourite character in it, and i'd love to see some of his transformations from the game given more story tbh.

20. Dante

Dante New Member

Personally, I'd prefer to see my favorite character in there. I know it's not goign to happen, I know for a fact that they won't have him in there. Because no one gives him the credit that is due. ;_;

That character, of course, is the one and only Zack.

Zack > *