Square Enix Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

couldn't have ben that bad if you noticed the word fantasy. -.-

Anywayz, at the end of the day, if there was any plot to the film other than the obvious reunion bit, then it should've been made more noticeable. thought the fights were kick ass, i would also agree that it doesnt live up to the final fantasy standards.

2. Chane

Chane Audience of One

In case people have missed it, the English cast list has been released.

English Voice Cast

Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
    Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
    Kadaj: Steve Staley
    Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert
    Reno: Quinton Flynn
    Rude: Crispin Freeman
    Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
    Loz: Fred Tatasciore
    Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
    Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
    Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
    Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
    Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
    Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
    Reeve: Jamieson Price
    Tseng: Ryun Yu
    Elena: Bettina Bush
    Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
    Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
    Girl: Andrea Bowen
    Zack: Rick Gomez
    Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
    Sephiroth: George Newbern

I'm satisfied with most of the voice actors chosen. I'm sure everyone knows Crispin Freeman, Rude's voice actor, as Amon from Witch Hunter Robin and Alucard from Hellsing. Vincent Valentine, Steven Blum, was probably best known as a very awesome Spike Spiegal, as well as Zabuza from Naruto. Steve Burton, the voice actor for Cloud, is probably best known as having done the voice for Cloud in the Kingdom Hearts series, and Yuffie's voice actor is her own from Kingdom Hearts as well. The voice behind Barett is the voice behind Jet Black of Cowboy Bebop. Steve Staley, Kadaj's voice, also did voices for Neji of Naruto and Harry McDougall in Outlaw Star. Yazoo's voice actor, Dave Wittenberg, also voiced Kakashi in Naruto and Persimmon in the Nippon Ichi game, Phantom Brave. Quinton Flynn as Reno has also done Raiden of Metal Gear Solid 2, Croix of La Pucelle Tactics, and Orphen in the video game Orphen: Scion of Sorcery (but NOT the anime series). Chris Edgerly, the actor for Cid, really I only noticed him voicing Yuan/Kvar/Magnius in Tales of Symphonia. Yeah.. I'm sure people can figure out the rest on their own. :p IMDB.com is your friend.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Either way... I'll stick with subtitles. :p

I think I'll be looking into buying a copy, even though I'm not much of an FF fan. As popular as it is already it'd definately make people jealous. :p

4. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I own the movie in subtitles and it has to be one of the best things I have ever bought. I love it :) I think I am actually in the mood for it right now......

*runs to get the movie

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I'd wanna watch it in English. The DUB better be good, since the movie was supposed to be released in September 13th last year.

The cast sounds like the will do ALLRIGHT, not PERFECT, but they might actually do awsome, you never know!

-Seishin

6. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I prefer the jap version, still the movie was a total letr down, unless it somehow improves on the dub version, all i can say is the fight scene's where the only success in it.

7. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I loved the movie. I thought that it would've been more "excting" but I was waiting for that damn trilogy to come out..soooo loooong! Every since I beat the game. I liked the story and the voice of Reno and Sephiroth. That Sephiroth *shivers*