Square Enix Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think thats a good thing, since turn based fights probably wouldn't look that well on screen ;).

I got me the soundtrack to the filim and i've been listening to "One-Winged Angel" all week.

2. Tar.Aldarion

Tar.Aldarion New Member

Did you buy it or ? where can you get it.Love that song and all in in.The one with the tifa fight scene is a cool remix.
    I meant more that in the game they are meant to be normal people but in this they can practically fly :)

3. SoraStrife

SoraStrife New Member

damnit I still haven't seen that movie yet and my other friends have seen it on the net and they told me it was freaken bad ass but gosh! man, I think its suppose to come out next month well....here at least..^_^

4. Tar.Aldarion

Tar.Aldarion New Member

You could get your eh 'japanese cousins' to help you out there ;)
    They sent things over to you gladly,good old family eh? :)

5. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Yea it was good i didnt like the story tho everything just sort of happened pretty fast.. it doesnt cover where kadaj and the others came from either.
    And on The battle scence part who would want to make a battle scence from the game..... that would be kind of retarded..

1 person likes this.
  6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Kadaj and his crew came from the northern crater. They were Sephiroth 'larvae' (spawn) who needed to get thier hands on Jenova in order to bring sephiroth back to life. You run into the same things when you see the Sephiroth doubles running around in the game. Why do you think you fight Jenova when ever you see them and not Sephiroth himself? They're the same as Kadaj only infused with Jenova. The only true Sephiroth sat in the Crater. Why didn't Cloud fight Jenova rather than Sephi at the end? The final battle wouldn't have been as good, would it?

7. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I've seen the movie and the CG is intense dudes and dudetts.
    As for thr re-release... it aint gonna happen unfortunately :(
    BUT .. i have heared rumors OF a final fantasy VII game for PS2 or 3 or w/e called Dirge to Cerberus or somethin, the main char is Vincent.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Big news for Dirge of Cerberus!

Square Enix recently announced its entrance into a contract agreement with Gackt, a wildly famous singer in Japan, regarding its upcoming game, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus. The details on the agreement are as follows:

1. Gackt's songs are put into the game.
    2. Gackt's likeness is put into the game as an 'important character,' though what this exactly means is unknown.
    3. Gackt gets clothes design by Tetsuya Nomura.
    4. Gackt gets to wear the exact same clothes on his next tour.

HA!

9. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

finally got my hands on it. great Graphics.

cloud was whiney but it was good nevertheless.

10. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

The movie rocked. The cg barely looked like cg characters. Fights were awesome. If you have not played Final Fantasy it is still good.

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think some parts would be unclear to the unfamiliar. Small parts nonetheles.

For instance, little is explained about Rufus, and the quick death scene from Final Fantasy VII. Others (idiots) asked me how Cloud can jump or land from or to such high places. Remember people:He's Cloud! He does what he wants!^^

-Seishin

12. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

The whole Cloud flying is a misconception from the trailers seen. It really looks like jumps from land level and flies as fast as Superman.

- Kaiyon

13. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

My understanding is they want it to look like that.

I honestly was like what the **** when the sound came after each battle in the game and it happened in a fight in the movie. Well someone did tell me that. Anyway you hear the sound after a fight and it is one of those this is gay. Then the guy that was defeated gets up and answers his cell phone. That was awesome.

14. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

if you've actually played the game you would know sephy can fly, and if that is the case so can cloud ... hence he is a clone of sephiroth remember, and hence the name final >FANTASY<.
    The film was good, but it had no REAL plot to it :\

15. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

That was really a bad choice in the use of colours for "fantasy" Rai Konoko.

16. Chane

Chane Audience of One

The Victory Theme from Loz's cellphone FTW

17. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

After reading most of the posts on this subject.
    HOW IN GODS NAME CAN SOME PPL LIKE FFVII AND NOT LIKE FFVII:AC??

I am a extensive Final Fantasy fan, especially the 7th encounter and thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
    I dont know if i agree about the ppl saying even those who havent played FFVII will still enjoy it as much as, well u know there are way to many refrences to the game to enjoy it not having played the game itself.

Much more enjoyable to a FF player.. a few things that stand out more than others. "the lifestream, the moogle, aerith, Zack, Jenova, the sword, the motorcycle, Reno and Rude relavance, the Rufus death scene, significance of the church, materia." to name but a few things... most of this would just b glanced at and dismissed or looked over by an untrained eye and posibly very confusing.....

However i reckon this Movie was fantastic, the Sephi fight was Phenomenal and seeing Bahamut was gr8... i wished there cud hav been more but I enjoyed everything i saw.

18. Seishin

Seishin Guest

The movie doesn't live up to the Final Fantasy VII standards. The game is major ownage compared to the movie. To me, it seemed more like a fan thing to bring back FFVII with a total of 50 minutes of fighting, and 15-20 minutes of plot.

Also, I was dissapointed with the Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight. Almost no special powers were used, and the only thing that reddemed it was the final part:
    OMNISLASH!!! WoOT!

-Seishin

19. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

The combat is what gives AC it's color. It's brilliantly coreographed, smooth and natural (I dont care what Neph said about it :p). Cloud is a fighter and he was in his prime when he was fighting. The scenes on the bike were fast paced and hot to watch. The manner in which they brought back the characters and re-introduced them was well done indeed.

My only complaint is that Cloud is a big old vagina in this one again, just like in FFVII. When he buckles down and stops the Emo bit he's a badass, but until then he's just whiny.

Frankly, I was impressed with the plot. I really enjoyed it.

~W

20. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

Although i reckon you definately HAVE to hav played the game and at least partially be a final fantasy fan to watch this movie, I dissagree with Seishin that the plot was floppy, i thought the story line was great, it simply made a great sequel to the game, especially after watching "The Last order" aswell, thought the 2 of these anime's 2gether made this dvd fantastic.

Just even seeing all the characters brought to life in true final fantasy anime style impressed me and mesmerised me for the whole movie. I have now watched it countless times and cant stop. The action scenes are just amazing.