Square Enix Final Fantasy CG Film

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Asuka, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Asuka

Asuka Guest

Does anyone know what happened to this idea?

2. Monty

Monty Guest

Never heard of it in the first place

3. Chubby

Chubby Guest

The Final Fantasy movie is in development and is scheduled to be released sometime in the year 2001. If you want some early clips of the characters (they look amazing by the way and worth the downloading time) you should check out the mpeg archive in http://www.ff8online.com. Click on Final Fantasy 8, then movies and it's at the buttom of the list of Archived Movies!

4. Shinji

Shinji New Member

From the rushes floating about on the net, the sheer quality of the graphics in this movie poop all over the efforts we've seen from the likes of Pixar (Toy Story, Bugs Life et al) - and it also looks like a genuine, "grown ups" movie as opposed to a kiddie flick, which is interesting.

I can't wait to see what the FF scripting crew do with a movie, the only thing I'm worried about is that it'll be too confusing, since the average Final Fantasy script covers about 40 hours and a movie really maxes out at two and a half....

Ja,
    Shinji

5. Chubby

Chubby Guest

A "grown up" movie like Ghost in the Shell or other great anime would be great. I read somewhere ages ago that the script is actually being writen by the guy who wrote Apollo 13 (dunno his name) so not sure how much the FF scripting screw is involved in it. Probably just there to throw in ideas and stuff. It's basically getting the Hollywood treatment and some top Hollywood stars will be supplying the voices (think one of them is a Baldwin!!). The film though is going to be directed by the guy who directed all the FF games (have no idea what his name is and too lazy to look it up) so it should be good.

Man this must be one of the vaguest post ever. It's been months since I read all this stuff about it. You kids go look it up [​IMG]

6. Asuka

Asuka Guest

>The film though is going to be directed by the guy who directed all the FF games (have no idea what his name is and too lazy to look it up) so it should be good.

His name is Hironobu Sakaguchi [​IMG]

7. Chubby

Chubby Guest

Hmmm, this forum is quiet. Maybe a little too quiet! Here's something that'll get people talking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. VincentVega

VincentVega Guest

Final Fantasy 8 ro><ors so much [​IMG]

far too quiet... [​IMG]

9. Chubby

Chubby Guest

Those are all computer generated images from the film in case any of you are wondering.

10. JAG

JAG Guest

*HHHNNNNNNHHHH HHHHNNNHHHH*

those pictures are sweet

cant wait for this movie

will they do a net release like titan ae???

anyone got a tissue

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Is the music going to be composed by Nobuo Uematsu (the guy whose done all the FF games music) as well?

Baka-Matt-Su, Animusic fan

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited February 22, 2001).]

12. YokoburiKinura

Oh, yeah, come to think of it, I have seen a trailer of this, but had a hard time distinguishing it as CG - I think what I saw had a bunch of marines or something coming in on a heliopter or dropship ... ?

13. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

A dropship, if I recall correctly, oddly enough, there was no mention of magic in the trailer... I would have expected it.

-JavaLamp

14. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

no mention of magic, 'cept maybe the title of the film The Spirits Within.
    Sounds like magic, unless of course it is a ghost like the one in the shell
    ------------------
    I will NOT sing the teenage mutant hero turtles jingle now. on the 1/2 shel*@$#% no! back! muahahaha!!!

15. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I wonder if there will be a final boss with really cool music!!! I can't wait 'til this summer to see it. The cg in it looks awesome, Square must have put a lot of effort into it(they do with everything though [​IMG] )

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Final boss? with really cool music? The last thing I wanna see is another cheesily done game movie...(ref. Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter [live action])

BakaMattSu, who wants to get his own theme music...

17. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

I read that the music is being composed
    by some guy named Elliot Goldenthal
    i think he did MIB and Batman

18. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

...not uematsu? ...gees, that's just too sad...he like is (can u do underline? ^_^) the final fantasy series...

hum, I didn' really like what I saw if the trailer...it was too good done, they could have had real ppl there and we would see no difference, meself hoped for somethin like the fmvs in ff IX...which imho is the best ff game since ff VI (now, who the h*ll said that ff VIII rocks....its simply one of the worse in the series (not bad though))...

//Aldamel, ponderin' on beatin the crap outta Kuja again...

19. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Final Fantasy 9 rules!!!
    this is kind of changing the subject(gomen!!)
    but Square's remakin' FF7, FF8, and FF9 for PS2!!!

As for the graphics in the Final Fantasy movie I think that they look really awesome..almost too real though, it blows away the cg in Toy Story, not to mention Tron :p . I'm debating if it will beat Dinosaur's cg though... even if it doesn't who wouldn't go and see the Final Fantasy movie!! it's FINAL FANTASY!!

20. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

remakin'? cool!....hmmm...guess I need a ps2 even more now ^_^

//Aldamel, droolin' over whatchin dagger in even better graphic [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Kiaikou (edited April 08, 2001).]