Square Enix Final Fantasy CG Film

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Asuka, Feb 5, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

has Squaresoft ever let us down before in their Final Fantasy games, some people say Final Fantasy 2 and 8 were badly done though. I haven't played all of 2 for the NES, but I thought Final Fantasy 8 was'nt that bad...

%That Guy, who believes Squall is the most powerful main character in Final Fantasy (Lion Heart move!!)

2. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

now, I've allways said that FF VIII is a bad game for being ff...now this doesn't mean its a bad game, I find it better than many other games who I find really good (ie star ocean 2) but for bein' a FF game it was kinda missing somethin, first the music wasn't such top quality (heard it was better as a piano version btw) and, well...the main character where just like teenager with problems like in any tv show, like gah...I never whatch them so i dun know any names ^_^ ...anyway...uhm...if this now has a point I'm sure u get it [​IMG]

//Aldamel, ponderin' paintin "vivi rulez!" with big letters on his wall...

3. That guy!

ya I guess I do...

%That guy!, who wants to kick the beat

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

ff2j's flaws were actually in the system design...instead of gaining experience, you once in awhile get stat increases (or, GAH, *decreases*), similar to the SaGa line of games...

ff8 lacked difficulty, and also had a poor design. Everything revolving around GFs made boss battles less intense as it required you to stand around waiting for a 2 min summon sequence almost constantly...And Drawing magic was a real pain in the patoot..!

BakaMattSu, loves ff9, and will try to get to Terra in less than 14 hours...

5. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

hum, actually I never experenced the problem with waiting for GFs, maybe cause I didn't use them that much ^_^
    I just throw Auro on everyone as soon as somethin hard showed up and beat the crap outta 'em with limits (zell is mightier than Squall btw :p) ...oh and wasn't it 12 hours to reach Terra?

//Aldamel, will prolly never gte Excalibur 2 ...

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

12?? Grr.bbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

BakaMattSu, who's gotta shave another 2 hours off his save game...

7. That guy!

who were the voice actors for Final Fantasy the movie again?

8. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

here are some:

Alec Baldwin - Grey
    Donald Sutherland - Dr. Cid
    James Woods - TBA
    Ming-Na Wen - Aki
    Peri Gilpin - TBA
    Steve Buscemi - Neil
    Ving Rhames - Ryan

in alphabetic order even ^_^

//Aldamel, showin' what big FF fan he really is :p

9. That guy!

how are the Final Fantasy anime's?...Cid rules in any final fantasy game he's in methinks...

10. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

I've seen some, shut it off when I saw a pink chokobo though ^_^

but really, most ppl who's seen them say they are quite bad

//Aldaml, turns out not to like all FF...

11. That guy!

I heard the animation is bad... That's about it, what's it about?....I'm asking too many questions (gomen)

12. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

from what I heard there is a final fantasy
    OVA that is based on what happens to the characters from final fantasy 5 after the game is over.

And there is a Final Fantasy 7 anime that I hear has a different feel than the game did.

IDAVE, Who thinks Xenogears is the greatest
    game of all time and had some sweet anime as well!

13. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

My only problem with the FF movie is that it isn't based on one of the games.
    With the Final Fantasy name just tacked on like that, I feel that many will be let down when it isn't as great as they expected (see Star Wars Episode I for details)

14. That guy!

yeah, I've had the fear that it wouldn't even be based on final fantasy. I have a thory of what it's based upon though. It all came to me when I saw the new trailer I noticed a giant snake creature flying around, my guess is this is Leviathan. I also noticed a blue creature...this seemed to either be a melting person or Shiva!
    My guess is that the movie is based on Summons, Eidolons, GF's, esther's...whatever you want to call them...and how they came to exist on the planet. Maybe they are aliens or something and the movie portrays how humans gained control over them...

well that's my theory...watch it be wrong...

15. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I'm thinking it'll be about yet another renegade hero of some kind who has to save the world for some reason (see FF 5, 6, 7 or 9 for examples)

16. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I've been watching a little WWF wrestling lately, and what's with the FF movie sponsoring a promotional tour with Out Cold Austin and the like? Appealing to wrestling fans isn't really reaching the target audience on a Final Fantasy project, is it?

17. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

WWF.. snicker
    and I don't mean the candy bar

Well, A poster for FF the movie finally appeared in Lander Wyomings one screen theater. Hurra, it might actually appear there itself someday.
    -------------
    7000 people, one screen

18. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

For anyone who wants to know, the movie comes out on Wednesday, July 11 (I've already started a countdown [​IMG]).

------------------
    DM the GM

19. KenDragon

KenDragon Guest

From what I understand, the FF movie has nothing at all to do with the games. My guess is that an asteroid has pretty much F*****D up earth and Unleashed these soul stealing aliens, and its up to our heroine and hero to stop them, while the evil commander has other plans... Pretty straight forward for the genre dont you think? with the exeption of the state of the art visuals, i would think that the film will have nothing that we havent seen before. Although I am really, really, hoping to be proved wrong on this one.

20. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Regardless of the plot line, I an say one thing already: The critics will hate it. They never like the movies that the actual people do, so they really won't give a damn about this one.
    But anyway, who cares what the critics say? They're all a bunch of losers who sit around complaining about movies they didn't like, and their opinions are always biased based on who they work for (see the entertainment critic from Good Morning America, for example. He always gives good reviews to Disney movies because they own him).
    So, f--k the critics, who needs them? We all owe it to ourselves to see the FF movie, or we wouldn't be here talking about it, would we?

------------------
    DM the GM