Square Enix Final Fantasy X - 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bloodberry, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

think tome raider, but it's yuna.
    screen shots look good. i know i'll get it when it comes out(march in japan)...but i'm not one for action games, which is what this is. screen shots at gamespot.com if ya wanna see em. ...the amano image is pretty...yuna, rikku, and i think that may be lulu with the sword. but hey, if you want a scantily clad yuna with 2 guns blazing, there ya are.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The third girl is supposedly a completely new character. Square was saying that it wasn't our favorite doll/belt fan, even though it looks like her. Dunno though, maybe it WILL be Lu. Only the release will tell. Who knows? Maybe it's Tidus! Hey, considering he...nevermind.

It won't be exactly Tomb Raider in that a long fall will kill ya, but more like...it's gonna be more interactive. Also, supposedly, Bevelle will be accessible, as a slew of other places. That way, the game won't be TOO one-tracked.

Also, gone is the sphere grid...to be replaced with a heretofore unannounced way of gaining strength. I'd be happy if it went back to the original way, but the grid was all sorts of fun -- and pain -- too. The way developers are putting it, it sounds like it'll play just a bit like the original Parasite Eve. i.e. running around while popping up a quick menu to either cast a spell or shoot the baddie. In any case, they said that overdrives and overkills are gone, and old-school menus will be done away with.

They were also talking about a possibility of a sequel to X - 2. It was denied that it will be Rikku's story, as much as I want one. ;) It's bound to be good, I hope, as it's been in development for a year in Japan already. *sigh*

Okay, I'm done doing the indepth of BB's post. ;) Oh yeah, thanks to Gamepro for the infomation!

3. Stos

Stos New Member

So the gameplay will be nothing like in Final Fantasy X was? It might be more like Parasite Eve or/and Tomb Raider? :confused: :D I like Parasite Eve, just never beat the first one cus the last boss is so frickin hard to beat. Never played the second one. I was not excited about this game cus I did not like FFX very much, but after reading this, I just might be. :)

4. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Im sure that it will be like Parasite Eve.

Sure looks wierd though.I heard that Lulu uses a sword.I wonder how the other characters changed.It probably will have nothing to do with FFX's story,so I can imagine the characters are vastly different.

5. Yuna

Yuna New Member

Same topic as Sakebo!!!!!
    It's not that suprising that yuna is turning to a tomboy... She is half Al-bhed, right? Well I think she is taking Lara-crofts Light!!! Now Yuna is been called 'Yuna Croft!'
    It's Weird! eh? From a girlie yuna in FFX that can only summon and her attacts are weak to something else like jumping, around climbing, fighting with guns etc...
    AAwww to bad ;.; sniff sniff... Lulu is not gonna be there in FFX-2... That girl with the sword is a new mysterious character said in one of the sites, I found.
    Is there any chance for FFX-2 to come out with an english version?

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe i saw that after i posted this...not a topic name to make you think it's a new ff...hehe ;;;

it'll prolly get an english release...we seem to be getting all the ff stuff now...i think in the spring is when ff 1 and 2 come out on playstation. the original 1 and 2. using the wonder swan graphics. which look very nice.

7. Evilo

Evilo New Member

So this is going to be an action shooting adventure final fantasy, some one put up a link to a site with pics of it.

8. Sol

Sol New Member

It is going to be an Adenture / RPG type I think. I read that you can jump off cliffs but you have to time it and such. Of course they're going to keep the RPG battle system, but I don't know about the Sphere Board. Most likely it will come back for FFX-2 since it is related to FFX.

9. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Actually, there are two new games associated with FFX coming out.

One is:

FFX-2

and the other:

FFX:Another Story

Not much is known about the third character except that her name is 'Pain'. I got all this off RPG World , incidentally one of the best RPG sites ever.

One thing is for certain, my X-mas list just got longer... :D

10. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

I think FFX-2 will be pretty good too.A Parasite Eve gameplay meets Final Fantasy gameplay will be awesome.(I think thats what it will be like.....)Im just hoping it wont be as linear as FFX was......

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Cloud18, us Otakus are always off topic :)! Actually, I think we had a thread about that once, I think...
    Anyway, I think that a Squaresoft DBZ game would totally kick 4$$! Seriously! Has anybody ever palyed Dragonball Gt Final Bout for PS1?

12. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

That is very off topic. This board has nothing to do with DBZ. The DBZ or video games boards would be a lot more suited for posts like that. I won't delete it this time, but in future I will.

13. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

No, there's no real need to delete it, just try to avoid it in the future.
    Very few details about FFX - II have been relased as of yet. The only things that I've heard about it are, a gun-toting Yuna is the main character, and there are 2 other new characters along with her, details of which haven't been released yet. The story is set a few years after the shenanigans of FFX, and... That's prety much it. When more news is released, I'm sure I, or somone else, will keep yis all informed.

14. Odin

Odin Member

I consider myself a Final Fantasy buff, and I loved FF X (and anxiously awaiting Final Fantasy I and II . . . WHEN WILL THEY BRING OVER FF III?), but I've been turned off from all of the images/movies I've seen of FF X-2. Not only does Yuna's new "tomb raider-ish" outfit seem totally against her character, but to me Rikku isn't even cute anymore, with her bikini top and ridiculously short shorts/thong. Hey, let's take more advantage of sex sells and make use of the Final Fantasy X cast!!!!

Ugh.

Maybe my curiosity will get the better of me and I'll end up buying the game, but as of now it has not really piqued my interest.
    -Odin