Square Enix Final Fantasy XII (that's 12 not 10-2)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Final Fantasy 12 LATEST NEWS

Well let's start an FFXII dicussion! Predictions, Rumours etc...
    The chocoboes aren't cute anymore in FFXII T___T! I'm not too fond of the characters, but maybe that'll change. Whenever a new FF is released I say the same thing about the characters then change my mind when i get t know their personality. ETO... ASHE PLZ COVER UP! THAT SKIRT IS TOO SHORT! IT's more of a bikini than a skirt.

FFXII NEWS:

GameSpot Q&A: Final Fantasy XII developers GAMESPOT SCREEN SHOTS

1 person likes this.
  2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

It rather grates me to say that the character designs are excellent. BUT, they're also remarkably similar to those of FFX. The Chocobo in the screenshot was being used as a battle chocobo. I doubt they'll look as cute as those in FFVII, but I doubt they'll look so HORRID all the time.

And Ashe, I think it fits. The thing is with FF's recently, is that people seem to be wearing less and less clothes as a whole. The only distinguishin difference is that men usually wear pants, but they usually also lack a whole upper-ANYTHING. Women get less on their bottom halves, but notice that they're still mostly FULLY covered, as overall effect. Besides, at least she's proportional.

3. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

The main hero looks really cute, but the heroine Ashe... She doesn't look all that pretty. She's a plane jane. She a swordswoman though! That's good! No arrows! No sticks! :cool:

4. gitarooqueen

gitarooqueen New Member

Final Fantasy XII?@.@

i read in game informer that FFXII is coming out in the US soon but the date isnt sure yet but its suppose to take place where FF tactics advance was based. i saw some graphis for the game and they look awsome!!!!!! :anime:
    the charanter designs look soooo real im amazed how far technology has gone in so few years. it sooooo coooool :catgirl:

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

This goes in the Square-Enix forum, as they're the ones that made the game.

And, FYI, it's Final Fantasy 12. Supposedly, they're doing away with the roman numeral system.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Will merge with earlier post 'Final Fantasy 12 LATEST NEWS' - thread starter Suzu

^Shen^

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well After looking at the screen shots.. the graphics Look great like normal.. And By look at some of the Mass army's and the Battle Chocobo's ( i think look realy cool by the way) and a large Amount of Airships (that look to much like FFVIII and FFX airships) Id say the story line is going back to one like FFVI with an Imperial army trying to control the world. Just a Guess from what im looking at.

Now the character disign looks good yes.. but its like looking at Yuna And tidus in defferent clothing.. Which i find sad. But im Sure Square has something up there sleeve's that will make this game Awesome.

Hopefully they have not reduced the cast to just 2 characters

KaMe

8. drunken munkee

drunken munkee New Member

I was reading an EGM article about final fantasy XII, and the story line seemed good. I was just really worried about the characters. The article i was reading only mentioned two characters, but i'm hoping there are more. I'm really hoping it's not turn-based like ffx either, but more of a real-time battle system. that turn-based commands just annoyed me. My main worry with that game is the main guy, what's his name... oh well. anyway, he looked kinda gay to me. I really just hate the clothes they have him wearing, and his face. Then again tidus' clothes were not much better, but i hope he doesn't end up looking like he did in that article.

9. OZSEM

OZSEM New Member

Final Fantsy XII

Has anyone seen Final fantasy XII yet? It looks pretty cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

*drool*
    Gimme!

Certainly the best title visually thus far. I hope the characters and story hit me better than VIII and X did, though. Takes more than pretty pictures to totally win me over.

12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

IS it me or this guy Van looks more Feminine!
    More screen shots displayed at RPGamer

Those worrying about the lack of characters should read this Article

[Attachment]
    I like this screen shot! I wonder who is the handsome guy next to her! :anime:

Attached Files:

13. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Is it just me or does the Dominatrix girl have bunny ears?

14. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Dominatrix? You mean Fran from the Viera Race?

15. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

16. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I guess FFXII will have characters from many races. OKay I'm starting to accept how Ashe dresses, BUT FRAN! >< I wonder what other races we will be seeing in FFXII! OFcourse there must be some moogles. I have a feeling that we will be seeing races that appeared Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and FFXI.

Anyways the game looks totally cool, I'd definetly want to try it out when it released! I like the enviroment, and I definetly hope that guy next to the bride is a good CHARACTER!(Refers the her last post attachment)

Suzu theories:
    I'll call him Mr Prince since I dunno his name. In one of the screen shots he is given a sword, maybe it's the excaliber or the ragnarok. This might be a wedding ceremony? The he appears with a woman, maybe it's Ashe? Ashe got married :D so maybe the hero and the heroine won't have mutual love relationship like Squall/Rinoa Yuna/Tidus thing! But she doesn't look happy, when Mr prince is waving to the public camera, which means Mr Van might have a chance to steal the princesses heart.
    X__x enough already?

17. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

*WEEPS* One day, ONE DAY -- One day I'll get me a PS2 and all those Final Fantasy games I want to play~~~~ *wee~pweepweep~~~; consoles self with Crystal Chronicles, but still WEEPS~~~!!*

18. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Odd no thread for this yet

I'don't really have anything to say about it except i think that the character designs have been pulled from a vagrant story concept.

I've seen trailers, but they where in japanese so I didn't understand a word :sad:

Anyone know the release date or any real information about it??

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Eh? No threads?

http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11334&highlight=final+fantasy+12

There's one.

Anyway, the game is actually not roman numerics anymore. It's "Final Fantasy 12".

It's also based in Ivalice, where Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Advance are based. Though, it seems to be more in the era where Tactics Advance was set, because you see Viera and those lizard guys (shows you how much I use those lizard guys) walking around.

Also, the main characters are Ashe and some guy. But, all the information is going to be in the link to the thread I showed you, anyway.