Square Enix Final Fantasy XII (that's 12 not 10-2)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Going for a merge.

- Shen

2. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

damn I could have swore this wasn't here when i started my thread :dizzy2:

any how i'm here now i'm off to see those shots

Uhmm there's a few trailers at this site

here's a more direct link

and these are direct to each movie (I put so many links because it's a pain in the arse to look for the trailers from the main page

1st link

and the second one

bear in mind though these are pretty huge (16 to 20 Mb)

3. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

who says its 12 and not xii, the trailers i've seen clearly show xii, unless they're changing it for the english language version. Now is it actually 12 or has one site called it 12 by accident and caused confusion?

Where does this info come from?

ohh and those weren't gimmicks, there've been summons in final fantasy since something like FFIV (maybe earlier), and from what i've seen (i havent actually played X-2) the dress spheres are very similar to the class switching crystals from FFV (but i may be wrong, what do they do exactly)

4. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Let's see, if you have played Final Fantasy Tactics before, you can clearly see they've used the same races:
    Human, Viera (bunny race) , Nu-Mou (sort of hippo-doglike race), Moogle and Bangaa (lizard-like race).
    Second, the playstyle looks like FF Chronicles (GC).

The characters sure look interesting ;)

And yes, summons have been in the game for quite some times, but in FFX you finally were able to build on your summons, and actually use them in battles (opposed to the hit and run attacks of a summon in previous FF's)

5. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

That's a better picture of Ashe. NOW I'm conivinced that she's pretty... And so's the cutie next to her! :catgirl:

6. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

FFVIII had GF leveling, plus new abilities, stat boosts etc
    FFVII had the materia growth thing (which amounts to leveling)

I know what you mean but I still don't class them as a gimmick, more an evolution of a previous idea

Can someone tell me if i'm right about the dress spheres because i'm still not sure about that.

7. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

it looks so good.
    i just hope it isn't online like 11 is.
    i like tactics advance so if it is like tactics i will probably love it.
    can't wait for it to come out when it does

8. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

right i have x-2 now and can safely say that the sphere system is just like the system from ff5 (i think it was 5 anyway) however the game itself seems entirely based upon gimmick so it doesn't matter anyway

9. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

Actually, from what I've heard, you're right. Ashe and Vaan/Vahn do not have a romantic relationship. Vaan already has a girlfriend, Penelo, and apparently Ashe is getting married, judging by that screenshot. However, considering the series' luck with marriages, the groom is most likely an evil sob and the wedding is a sham.:p

So far, my favorite character is Balthier, the air pirate. Got to love a man in a vest with a sawed-off shotgun...

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

WOW!
    The Official FF12 site Is updated!
    There are some nice music clips. And pictures of the different races! THe moogles look like bunnies....

I like Penelo, she's so cute! She knows martial arts, her parents died in the previous war, and she's a gifted dancer/singer. Woot Original! I hope she doesn't turn like Rikku.
    But.. but... He's too good looking to be evil ;___; ... *get over it suzu*

11. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Anyways this thread is almost dead O.O

I've heard from Unofficial Final Fantasy 12 site that they have modified the Heroine face. I think that's only a rumour.

*Suzu still wishing that the silver haired prince, ashe's fiancee/husband/whatever is a good guy*

12. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

Aw, I want a bunny moogle! :D I'm so excited about this. I read somewhere that Penelo is going to be a bard-like character who uses songs and dancing to help the party. Has anyone else heard this?

Sorry, he's too cute to be a good guy. :p Or maybe Ashe is the evil one? Nah, probably not.

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Me too! ^.^ They look so cute!

Yes, I think she wonderful. ^_^ She looks pretty.
    I've heard that she might be Van's girl friend.

LOL! I guess you are right on that point. :p

14. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

I just got done playing the demo, and I have to say this battle system kicks the old ones ass. Didn't get any glimpse at the story, its all gameplay, but damn, it was fun.

Oh, and from what I've played, Penelo had a bow.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Are the summonings as I've heard? Kick some ass and stay for a bit? Or how do they work?

I guess the demo was a relief for the pissed fans since it was delayed even farther. What's wrong with Square Enix?

Final Fantasy Advent Children=Delayed from Sep. 13, 2005 till' beggining 2006
    Kingdom Hearts II=Delayed from first 12/01/05, then 12/16/05, now February '06
    Final Fantasy XII=Delayed from Mid-November till '06
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII=Delayed from end December till next year.

Argh! That's 4 great games we're missing on this year!!

-Seishin

16. Orion

Orion Gears

I'm upset that Kingdom Hearts II got delayed 'till next year, I was really lookin' forward to that. Now I gotta wait more, argh. I'm REALLY upset that DoC:FFVII got delayed, because it's the remake of my favorite FF game ever. Grr to whoever is responsible for this, grr I say to you!
    :anger2:

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ummm, Dirge of Cerberus isn't a "remake", it's a sequel. This is how it goes:

Before Crisis->Final Fantasy VII->Advent Children (2 years later)->Dirge of Cerberus (1 Year After)
    That'd be Square Enix, and feel free to give them my regards after you make an attempt to TP their building or something....

-Seishin

18. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I'd say Enix is resonsible because Squaresoft didn't delay stuff show much until they merged with Enix, who as far as I know did delay things.

And where's Crisis Core in the chart?

19. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Well, in the demo, only Vaan and Ashe could use the summoning option, but everyone had the option in their command menus. I didn't have the chance to summon anything, but there was only one Rank 1 Esper. Apparently you need full MP to summon, and I was already busting out on the boss with some Fira a few minutes earlier, so I was low. I have read though that they stay out for a while(Think FFX in a way) instead of an attack (FF8).