Square Enix Final Fantasy XII (that's 12 not 10-2)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It's pretty tight. Get ready for it on Halloween. ;)

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

IGN scored it an amazing 9.5/10.

Having scored some time playing it in advance of the english release, it is an amazing title. A compelling story, characters that actually have personalities and histories, and a battle system that keeps things moving instead of transitioning between fight scenes.

Balthier and Fran own, that is all. ^_^

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I didn't care to much for Balthier and Fran until I worked on them. I guess I am one for power. Balthier with a sword is way better the a gun. Power baby. ;)

I have not played much since I started to play the first time that is life I guess. I liked what I have seen so far. I would play more but someone else is hugging the good t.v.'s one with the xbox playing Need for Speed Carbon and the other cartoons.

I can't bring myself to play FF 12 on a smaller tv.

How far have you gotten BMS?

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've clocked about 40 hours thus far, but I'd be much further into the game if I wasn't devoting huge chunks to just exploring and amassing wealth and licenses instead of progressing through the story. I'm still active in a WoW raiding guild, so between that and work, I get maybe a couple nights a week to devote to the game.

You won't be favoring the sword once you encounter the flying boss. ;)

Seriously, though, I didn't want to always equip the heaviest hitting weapons. variety comes in handy in all sorts of ways.

And I was more talking about their presence and personality, not their battle strength. :)

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I so want to play this game, at first i wasn't interested that much in it, but it looks really good.

The game won't be released over here until late winter or early spring however :(. I guess i won't be coming into this thread for a while, since i don't want to stumble across any spoilers ¬_¬.