Final volumes of ADV's Gatchaman dub to be released on October 17!!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

First off, man, have we had to do one too many "ice-breakers" in this board or what? And it's not even the end of the year. It seems like things unofficially "died" around here once BotP was cancelled from Boomerang and moved to ADV's Anime Network (cable channel, not the video on-demand) a week later and when some of you guys turned to the overseas home video releases of BotP instead of waiting for Rhino's horribly non-existent release of BotP here in the U.S (it's been over five years since they begun the release of BotP, and to date they've only released about half of the episodes. It's best to forget about their releases if you haven't already. Perhaps maybe a hearty laugh when and if they release all of the episodes.). Not even ADV's release of the original Gatchaman fired things up here as expected. Speaking of which.........

While ADV's dub of the original Gatchaman officially wrapped up back in June, it is next month when we will finally see the last fruits of those labors. The final two volumes of ADV's Gatchaman: "Future Kill" (episodes 96-100) & "Final Justice (101-105) will be released on October 17 at the regular MSRP the releases have experienced from the beginning. After a steady, smooth 1+ year schedule, ADV's shot at the original Gatchaman is finally coming to an end and for the first time all 105 episodes will be available in the US. Though many are split and/or iffy on ADV's release of the series (concerning the dub itself, the quality of the subs and the format of the DVD's), I applaud them for taking on this effort, especially with such an old series. Though to tell you a truth I still have only bought and own the first two volumes which I got one day before street date (June 14, 2005). And I rarely view those either, though that may have to do with my crappy, hand-me-down DVD player. I'm still searching for some way or form to get "G-Force: Guardians of Space" in its entirety or at least more episodes.........*sigh*

2. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Seeing that this is also a "ice breaking" thread, guess I should mention how I've been doing as of late. I'm taking off a semester from my local college because of financial aid and academic problems, not to mention not having things going as well as I hope they would. Right now I'm at a crossroads, wondering what to do and where to go with my life next before its too late but I'm just drawing blanks. Is this normal for a 19 year old?

So, how about you guys?

3. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

I'm finally in the midst of tranferring G-Force to DVD..More info can be found on my website/discussion group.

www.gatchaman-archives.com

Hopefully Gatch 2 will follow!!!!

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Thanks for the heads up!

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Not much happening on my front. Oh wait...my wife and I are expecting twins in February! So besides that, nothing much. :) I'm looking forward to introducing them to the wonderful world of BotP.

I'm still waiting to see what Sandy Frank Entertainment has in store for BotP on the internet. All I was told is that whatever it is, it will be announced on their website.

6. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Wow, congratulations Mark! Hope the two won't share their pops' disdain towards GoS, I think I got a DVD with their name on it. ;)

Who knows what SFE entertainment is up to as of late. I think it's pretty much a given that Rhino's domestic home video release of BotP has been a total failure (for some unknown reason), with many overseas releases having surpassed them (and taking their sales and customers away from them). Only thing they've been doing as of late is collaborating with ADV to make those releases of "Gatchaman" possible. But if ADV is contemplating bringing over Gatch II & Fighter then they are on their own since Sandy Frank has no say whatsoever in those two. Gotta go straight to Tatsunoko (and perhaps Saban/Disney, but seeing as they haven't done much if anything with "Eagle Riders" in the last couple of years their rights should've reverted back to Tatsunoko).

Only things to look forward to nowadays are ADV's treatment of Gatch II & Fighter, an improved release of the Gatchaman OVA's, and perhaps a BotP release using the remastered Gatchaman footage.

...................Oh yeah, and more episodes of GoS if that should ever happen in this lifetime. :mad:

7. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

The final volumes were released yesterday. To think, in just a 14-month period we've finally received all of the episodes of a series which was first adapted into English 28 years ago. Took awhile didn't it???

While after 20 years we've only had 13 out of 85 episodes of G-Force released on home video. And those master tapes aren't getting any younger. Are they using them as coasters or something? HELLO???? *bangs on the doors of SFE's headquarters, gets taken out by security*

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Damn it Dirk....now I have that backbeat stuck in my head!