Board and Card Games First Topic. What Card Games Do You Play Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wing_goddess, Jun 25, 2004.

1. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Yay, first topic. well, it better be!

Okay, so what are all the card games you all are playing now? For me? None. I really want to learn how to play the Magic card game, and am right now in the learning process.

2. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well my friends and I love to use any free periods we get to play Egyptian Rat Pack, but I doubt that's what you mean ^_^

Hmmm, I'm not playing any card games at the moment either. I was an avid Yu-gi-oh battler, but after losing all my cards (and all interest in the game itself), I gave up on that.

Yeah, I'd like to learn how to play Magic too. Looks like a fun game :)

3. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

My friend made me buy a yu gi oh starter deck just so that we could go and play with this group of stinky kids who are all like, "LOOK, THAT'S THE DARK MAGICIAN! I BEATED HIM YESTERDAY! THAT'S A STUPID CARD!" heh, we never got around to doing that though...i still don't know how to play the game and the starter pack has been sitting on my dresser for months now....someday though, someday i'll go and sit around with scary people and play yu gi oh.

4. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

hehe we just play scabby queen with a normal pack o cards...hurts so much when you're left with the queen... :bleed:

5. _meow_

_meow_ New Member

Oh so you mean like the ones you battle in..

Well, I've always seen this one group of people who seem to play "Magic" and I never really observed it, but it seems like fun. Maybe I'll try it someday, but I see no point in buying a whole bunch of cards. I still have my pokemon cards [I used to have "Lugia" {aka the best one I guess..} but I traded it to my cousins to make them shut up since they wanted it so badly]

6. Yuuki Miaka

Yuuki Miaka New Member

I used to play Pokemon but haven't in a long time. I still play Yugioh every so often and I'm learning how to play Duel Master though it seems really easy.

7. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

trying to play yu gi oh and i cant understand it argggg!!!!! U_U
    but i can play most of the asian card games hehehehe
    misao

8. XXIXreformed

XXIXreformed New Member

Magic: The Gathering. Very complicated to learn, but once you do, it is truly awesome.

I have 3 decks.

Arcbound-Draw
    Elf-Goblin
    Blue-White-Equipment

These are actually more annoying than strong. but, given time, they hold awesome power.

1 person likes this.
  9. fluffyofthewind

fluffyofthewind New Member

i kinda play yu-gi-oh still, but its all about the monsters strength to me( i hate that). but i also play magic.its a way better card game, and it makes you think alot more.

10. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I play Magic the Gathering and that's it.

I do play other games like poker etc. etc.

1 person likes this.
  11. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Like to chuck up my magic decks now and then.

Mostly in Poker, been watching too much world poker tour :)

- Teddz

12. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

you should teach me sometimes teddz, maybe we can play 'special' poker if you know what I mean ;p

I currently addicted to mine sweeper, so I am not obsessed with spider solitair as much. But that won't make it the card game that I pay right now :)

In other words, Spider Solitair.

1 person likes this.
  13. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet!

As is quite obvious, I play Magic: The Gathering, with a now-almighty Elf deck that hasn't known defeat since Valant_Rapitor.

Other than that, not much. I play the rare game of Solitaire, but that's about it.

14. IceLands

IceLands New Member

I play majic sometimes I also played yugi-oh a wile ago but then I stoped because that game really has no good strategy its basically keep buying newer and stronger cards and you should win.

unlike majic wich is a very good game :)

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Star Wars CCG (the Decipher one)

I started out in Marvel Overpower, moved on to Magic, and settled into SWCCG. It's an amazingly diverse, challenging game, and I guess that's why I still hold onto it, despite the fact it is no longer in production. Everything's involving, and the average game lasts around an hour. Overpower was my first CCG, and the thrill of playing a game that was customized and beyond a simple deck of cards was the draw, I suppose. It was very simple, however. I found Magic very interesting at first, but it can be fairly simplistic. With the right combination of cards, the game is over in under a dozen turns.

I've dabbled in several other card games - Battletech, Alien VS Predator, Pokemon, Ani-Mayhem - but never really settled into them much.

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Yeah, I know I've posted here, but...

Anyway, if I could find copies of the cards and rules for the TCG linked to in my sig, I'd play it, but... ehh, maybe I'll print them off someday and paste them to useless 10 cent Magic cards.

And I've more or less stopped playing Magic, too. My elf deck has proven to be next to unstoppable, so now it's boring. I want to play a game that's challenging.

So, right now, I mainly play old-fashioned Magic against idiotic computers. (No cards after 4th edition) and solitaire. :(

17. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

All I do with cards now is Yu-Gi-Oh! Thats about it. OH, and i know a coulple of magic tricks with regular playing cards. Ussually, everyone always falls for it. I could tell someone in a PM. *ahem* Anyways, thats about it!

KaiyonTormentor

18. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Card games I play now. Rummy, poker, um red is truth black is dare, and I think that is about it. I know one magic trick I still do that one me money.

19. loudmouth

loudmouth New Member

Magic The gatherig on occassion. thats about It.