Harry Potter Fourth Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hitohiro, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Well, you've probably heard the great news. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire comes out next month on Nov.18. I can't wait to see it. I'm gonna buy the tickets a few weeks in advance.....God I need a life. What you guys have to say?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i've never seen a harry potter movie in theaters. i only plan on going for the 5th, 6th and 7th.

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I plan to avoid this like the plauge, for reasons that i think i've stated in other threads (i.e. their a massacre to the books and Daniel Radcliff can't act).

4. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I might end up going with some of my friends, but I'm not going to run to get tickets.

5. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

I am looking forward to see what effects & graphics they will come up for some of the creatures in Book 4. I an avid fan of both the movies & books. I read the books first. I found out that the Indian woman director who directed "Bend It Like Beckham" will be directing the Book 5 movie. I miss the original Dumbledore, though. I'm not sure I can see Ralph Fiennes as "He who must not be named", lol.

6. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

i just wanna see the dragon! *squee* :D

7. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I definetly want to see this movie. I wish I could see it the first day it comes out, but there will probably be too many people and I hate that so I'll probably wait a week, I know some Harry Potter fan right? :eek:
    The 4th Harry Potter book is my favorite because of the TriWizard Tournament so I'm looking forward to this movie.

P.S. You can't really blame Daniel Radcliffe, he's a newbie at acting. The old director picked him because he was his friend's son.

8. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Talk about "trying for the part". THis guy just got it handed to him on silver platter didn't he.

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I will go at some point to this. Just need to decided with who and when.

10. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Okay i know i said i probably wouldn't go but i did and........IT ROCKS :D
    It's a little rushed (they've done about the first 5 chapters in 10 minutes) but considering how long the fourth book is they've done a pretty good job.

11. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

It was SOOOOOOO Good

Saw it last night! It was soo good. I'm still excited. I love the script writers & production team. They seem to keep to the reality of the books instead of changing them. I'm gonna try to see this time in the IMAX theater. I can't wait.

Now I'm itching to see Book 5 on the big screen. That movie just can't come out fast enough and neither can book 7.

GO SEE IT. It's worth the money!!!!!!!!!!! :D

12. Basher

I saw it Thursday at Midnight. It was pretty good. But they left a few things out considering it almost 3 hours it had to be left out.

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I liked this movie. I couldn't put it into terms of adapting book to movie, seeing as I've not yet read the book. But, the cinematograhy was great, especially the whole Quidditch World Cup part as well as the Dragon Chase. Not to mention the little fun under the Lake.

Just seeing scenes like that done WELL makes the movie worth going to. Other than that, I think they finally hit what looks to be a nice balance of what's going on in the movie, and whetting our appetite with what to expect down the road. Not just with Voldemort and such...but also things like Hermoine's and Ron's little...thing. As well as Cho and Harry. Then, (what I'm REALLY interested in) is Ginny and Neville.

I plan on seeing it again, just so I can watch the Dragon fight again. It was fun to watch. =]

14. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I think that up until now, the Harry Potter movies have not lived up to the hype, but the first movie did not disappoint me. I was completely enthralled by this movie...

I nearly cried, and I do not cry at movies. The execution of this movie was very impressive, although I have one bit of criticism...

Mad-Eye Moody's Mad Eye.

It was so wacky-looking! It was downright comical, so it distracted me a bit at first.

Only good things to say other than 'aww, it ended'. They did cut some things out of the book, of course, but I think it was necessary.

15. Basher

Did anybody else hear those teenagers cheer when Harry took of his shirt?

I think Emily Watson (Plays Hermonie) is getting prettier. Kind of nice to see with those four movies.

The things that was left out and just pushed on in the book was the other three competing.

Some parts were funny the twins, and Harry and Ron. I got a good laugh more then one. Flitch was funny too.

16. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I've been holding off on posting here, because while I've been very outspoken about my dislike of this movie to the outside world, very little of what I say after this is going to sound at all intelligent. Just so you know.

O.K, so... things that bugged me about this movie (blanket spoiler warning on this whole post, by the way)

- Dumbledore was *waaaaayyy* out of character... did you see the way he lunged at Harry after he'd been selected as a Triwizard Champion? I mean, I know the movie 'biz is all about the drama, but.... come on.

- I did like the idea of making Beauxbatons an all girl's school and Durmstang an all boy's school, but what was with Madame Maxine looking/sounding like a transvestite? And that scene where she ate something out of Hagrid's beard *really* didn't need to be in there.... if anything, it was only encouraging the stereotype that giants are uncivilized savages etc.

- *Why* did Harry write "Sirius Black" on the outside of his letter to Sirius? That was bloody stupid.... I mean, I'm not a canon purist, but the Harry from J.K Rowling's books has at *least* enough common sense to know that the letter could be intercepted (although not much more XP).

- They covered the first 200 pages of the book in like ten minutes, and then dragged out the dragon scene for like... twenty. I mean, yeah, it was cool looking, but if they'd just left it to five or so minutes, they could've included things like Rita Skeeter (yes, she was there in the beginning, but they never told us what became of her/she never ruined Hermione's life/she never outed Hagrid, etc. A lot could've been done with her, I was really disappointed that they didn't use her more).

- The only staff members who had too many lines to count were Moody and Dumbledore, but barely anybody else got screen time. I did not pay 10 dollars to go see Daniel Radcliffe with his shirt off, I paid to go see Alan Rickman (Snape) because he's one of the sexiest men alive, and I want him badly.... lol, but anyway, the whole movie was about Harry, Ron, and Hermione, which of course makes sense, but a few sub-plots wouldn't have hurt. And I still don't understand *why* they had to make the movie 2hr and 37min. I mean, do you really think people are going to *not* go and see the movie over an extra 23 minutes? They could've covered so much more ground with 3 hours, but w/e, I'm sure there was some reason for it, I just don't know enough about movies to know what it is.

- The maze!! The whole thing was just like... attack of the killer bushes or something. They took out the Sphinx, the Blast-Ended Skewrts, the only thing they left in was Krum being controlled by the Imperius curse, which was kind of neccesary to eliminate Fleur (and unite Cedric/Harry), so there was no way to weasel out of that one, otherwise I'm sure they would have. I was really looking forward to that maze, too =(

- Voldemort looked like a monk. Or what Michael Jackson's going to look like in 20 years if he keeps up the plastic surgery. Yes, he was creepy looking, but he wasn't *scary* the way I expected him to be.

-I saw this on another forum and knew I had to post it somewhere... "Barty Crouch did a great job impersonating a rabid dog, but by the end of the movie, I still never understood *why*".

Although I do have to give.... (who directed this one?) credit for two things

- The humor in this one was top-notch, I can't remember ever having laughed harder at a Harry Potter movie. Of course some of it was unintentional... the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" part had me falling out of my chair laughing, but that's beside the point ^^

- The Yule Ball scene was SUCH a masterpiece... it didn't even feel like it belonged to the same movie as everything else, it was on a much higher level. The decorations were perfect, Hermione looked beautiful, and Ron looked like a sulking penguin. It was wonderful <3

17. cure of saytan

cure of saytan New Member

i must say it was alright but i'v seen better a bit of a disipointment if you ask me

18. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

How is a bit of disappointment? The movie was well made and funny. The graphics were pretty good as well.