Fruits Basket Fruits Basket Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Yimzoo, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Yimzoo

Yimzoo Guest

does anyone have it?...i'm wondering because i'm thinking of buying it myself...i just really want to know if it has the "instrumental" version of the "For Fruits Basket" song...there's two, there's the orchestral and the i guess, karoake version...i want the karoake one...well if anybody could give me any feedback if it's on there or not, it'll help me a lot...because if it's not on there, i'll have to keep searching for that version after i get the soundtrack...

also, this animation's the best ever!!!...i just finished watching it today...... :D

2. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

I have the OST, Memory ~for you~. It contains TV length versions of both the opening and ending themes, but it doesn't have the karaoke for them.

If you're looking for the karaoke versions of the songs, I would suggest getting one of the following CDs.

For Fruits Basket ~kazeiro~ (KICM-3022) : sung by Yui Horie
    Fruits Basket - Image Album (KICA-560) : Ritsuko Okazaki
    For Fruits Basket (KICM-3014) : Ritsuko Okazaki

I know that all three CDs have the intro song, but I don't know which ones would have the karaoke to it. I would guess that the third one definitely does as it's a CD single (those generally have the karaoke to whatever songs are on it), but CD Japan doesn't have a definitive track list for it.

Good luck on your search!

~Shadrach Anki

3. Yimzoo

Yimzoo Guest

oh thanks a lot!...well my cd of the original soundtrack just shipped today...i can't wait!...and well i want the karoake version of the intro song because it was played quite a few times during the series...the most memorable time was when it was used towards the end of hatori's flashback...okay thanks again for your help!...... :)

4. Yimzoo

Yimzoo Guest

5. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

you want a place to buy some fruits basket music cds? i no a place! its www.houseofanime.com they have 3 different cds too. aren't cheap though. cost of a normal american cd. $18 i think

6. Shadowbard

Only issue with those CDs is that they're all bootlegs.....I know it doesn't bother some people, but I figured I should probably point it out.

The CDs sold at House of Anime (at least for Fruits Basket) are all made by Ever Anime, a company in Taiwan that creates bootlegged copies of Japanese soundtracks and CDs. Admittedly the prices for these CDs are lower, but the original artists aren't getting anything for them in compensation.

An import CD from Japan generally costs anywhere from $18 to $30 USD depending on what the CD is, where you're buying it from, and what's on it. Multiple-CD sets will cost more, CD singles will cost less, as will drama CDs.

~Shadrach Anki

7. Kawaii-neko163

Really? How'd you find out? Where do you get the real cds? Wow that's way too bad! I thought they weren't some bootleg company. I bought posters from them and I was gonna ge a Rurouni Kenshin DVD also. Where did you get your cds?

8. Shadowbard

You can get the real CDs from places like Anime Gamers, or, if you don't mind paying expensive shipping, CD Japan. Sometimes you can also find them at other places, but these are the places I would recommend. I tend to buy from CD Japan when I can get a group of people together so we split the shipping costs.

Now, for Anki's quick "how to recognize a bootleg" lesson!

1. The price. Bootleg CDs tend to go for prices between $5 and $18 for an album, depending on who's selling it. Import Japanese CDs tend to go for no less than $25, although prices at CD Japan are lower because they're actually in Japan (which increases shipping costs).

2. The product number. Bootleg CDs have different product numbers than the legit, Japanese imports. If you know the Japanese product code, it's an easy thing to see whether or not the product code matches (when/if it's given).

3. The company. Sometimes a vendor will give the name of the company that made the CD. The two most prominent bootlegging companies that I've come across are Son May (Chinese) and Ever Anime (Taiwanese).

Now, I should point out that technically the bootlegs are legal (a little loophole due to the fact that they're actually Chinese/Taiwanese imports), but this just means that the US government isn't really going to do much about it. Personally, I don't buy bootlegs if I can at all avoid it. I do this by going to stores I know only carry Japanese imports. Sure, it's more expensive that way, but I feel better about it. Occasionally there'll be a CD that just isn't available in any form other than bootleg, but this is a very rare occurence.

The other merchandise at House of Anime seemed more or less legit, however. It looks like it might just be the CDs that aren't.

~Shadrach Anki

9. Yimzoo

Yimzoo Guest

well just wanted to say thanks to everyone, i've got the soundtrack plus the cd single now...i bought the soundtrack at another website and i ordered the single from cd japan ($19 total for the single :dizzy2: )...it did have the karoake versions of the intro and ending songs...and well, the receipt on the package didn't show what the costums tax was though, anyone know what it could roughly be?...maybe i got lucky and didn't get charged at all hehe...but none the less, my search is now complete...... :p

10. Kawaii-neko163

so it's okay to buy dvds? wait nah. :dizzy2: i dunno!! thank you though for recommending a few sites! a lot of help! it is in english right?