Anime Fushigi Yugi

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BlindlessSoul, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlindlessSoul

BlindlessSoul New Member

Hi all, I'd first like to apologize for this questions if it's been asked before.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone here has seen Fushigi Yugi? It's a VERY expensive anime and is recommended by animeondvd...and I like the anime I've seen that they recommend. But back on topic, is this a pretty good show? I've read reviews but all they really talk about is how it starts and I couldn't find any pic's of the anime, other than just character pic's.

It sound kind of interesting and I figured that some of you have it or have seen it and could tell me what you thought of it. I'd really appriciate it! -Thanks

(PS - I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion on TV during Robot Week on toonami and was curious if it is just like the DVD version...I ask because the voice acting for the main boy character sounded a little funny...do you know what I mean? At any rate I now know that it's a pretty interesting show and I plan on getting it...I was just wanting to know if I have to listen to him like that during the whole thing. -Thanks)

(Oh and I just want to add that I wanted to Bit*h slap that guy for trying to send back out that girl that was hurt! Stup*d S*n of a Bit*h!!! ;-)

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

There's a forum on this already. It's called Fushigi / Ayashi. Makes sense too. But, I've seen most of this, except for that new season/box out right now. I might go and rent it soon though. Looks cool.

3. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

Just a question. Is it supposed to be like Yu Gi Oh or something similar to that? because in tha show Yu Gi Oh there is someone by the name of Yugi so it sounds verry familiar.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Fushigi Yuugi has NOTHING to do with cards. In fact, the only resemblance I can think of is that they look for special artifacts later on.

The premise of the story is that Miaka, a student, gets sucked in a magical book. Being that she's from the "real world" she becomes the priestes of Suzaku....who'll bring about peace, or something like that. Well, she has to bring the seven warriors that make up her followers, in order to do so...*and* to return home.

I love the themes to this, by the way. They're great. Oh, and Nuriko r0x0r's uR b0x0Rz

5. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

Oh okay Izzy. Thanks for clearing that up. But I wasn't talking about the cards. I was talking about the manga or show. Not the actual cards it's self. (Although I own the actual cards) But thanks for clearing that up with me.

6. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

Well, Izzy was talking about the series/manga. Yu-Gi-Oh is apparently mainly about "dueling" with the cards, kinda' like what one does with the Pokemon card game or Magic: the Gathering, or Harry Potter, or X-Men, or...etc. It's just that YGO is actually an anime/manga dealing with that. Like Hikaru no Go is an anime/manga aboug playing Go. ::shrug::

7. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

Oh okay. Now i get it. It sounds intresting though. Where can I get the manga itself? I'm intrested now.

8. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

I'm not sure where to find translated manga of some series, but if you're fine with original Japanese manga, you can try any Japanese bookstore (like Kinokuniya), and also look online (AnimeGamers is a good site).

You could ask in the Fushigi/Ayashi forum. I'm sure people can help you much easier there. ^_^

(btw, nice avatar you got yourself there, Yamigirl. ^_^)

9. BlindlessSoul

BlindlessSoul New Member

Ha Ha!!! You know I even looked for a forum for this...I thought there was one, but didn't see it. Now that I looked again I found it...Oh, I feel pretty stupid! :(

10. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

Thank you Kogarashi. I like your avatar too. Oh and thanks for the tip. I'll ask there if I ever find it. Thanks again!!!

11. kanashimi

kanashimi New Member

i know your question has already been answered, but oh well. yuugi means game or play or amusement in japanese, so yuugi's name from yu-gi-oh makes sense. And well, whenever someone sees the name FY, it usually says Fushigi Yuugi: the mysterious play. so yeah, whatever...

about FY itself...I only have a few of the manga, but I do like it. I think the manga is better than the anime from what I've seen though...god, the anime seems kinda corny despite the fact that i've only seen some of the english version. i wish i could see the japanese!:)

12. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I've seen the whole series, that's because I have the whole series.
    I bought used ones because brand new ones are sooo expensive!!
    I would definetly recommend it.
    Fushigi Yugi is my favorite!!

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I didn't see this before ^^;

Even though you guys knew about the FY forum, I am closing this just to avoid further replys which I don't think that this thread should be in here nor FY's forum.

So I am simply closing it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.