Anime Fan Fiction Fushigi Yuugi: Revival of the Universe of the Four Gods.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Fushigi Yuugi: Revival of the Mysterious Play

I decided to try and do a fanfiction on all of the 4 gods. Read and enjoy. It takes place 50 years after the first and 1000 years later in the book.

Look for more tomorrowish.

Chapter One

Fushigi Yuugi: Revival of the Universe of the Four Gods

Chapter One

A strange voice recites a passage from a book:

"This is the story that begins a new
    For it has already gone through one cycle
    But now once again danger looms
    This story is about four girls now
    Who each must single-handedly gather the Seven Stars of Suzaku, Seiryuu, Byakkou, and Genbuu
    And gain the power to make all of their own dreams come true.
    The story itself is an incantation
    And those who shall read it will gain power
    To have their wishes granted.
    As soon as the page is turned,
    The story will become real and begin again."

The voice is calm and holds wisdom. As the voice dies away four young girls get a weird sensation they stop in their path.

They look around in every direction. To their right are stores with large glass mirrors manikins in the window inviting any shoppers in. They were in a business section part of town. To their left is a busy street, a four lane street with room for cars to park on the sidelines. Nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary. Everyone around them was going about their business.

They are wearing the same style uniform. They appear to go to the same school. The uniform is a short plaid blue and white miniskirt. The blue is a dark blue. They are wearing a long navy blue coat over a white dress shirt. They have on heavy above the ankle high socks and black dress shoes. Each is caring a navy blue messenger bag as their school bag.

“Did you fell that?” Asked Akiko Akagawa the shortest about 5’ 1/2“ tall and the oldest out of the four. She has long raven black hair with silver streaks. It is her natural hair color. She uses a green ribbon to tie her hair back. She prefers it up then down. She does have bangs. Her eyes are a deep blue sea green almost turquoise. Her blue navy jacket was thrown over her back along with her messenger bag with the straps being held by her right hand that was resting on her shoulder. She had undone three of the buttons on her white blouse. It wasn’t tucked in. She was the only one unkempt.

“Yeah…” Answered Takara Shima the tallest about 5’ 4” tall and the next in age out of the four. Her and Akiko were only a month apart. Her birthday was coming soon. Her hair is long and brown but it is tinted copper. It is auburn with streaks of black. It is also her natural hair color. She lets her hair flow and doesn’t use any sort of ribbon. She doesn’t have bangs.

“What are you scared Akiko?” Called Kasumi Tsuchi. She looked much like the last girl that hadn’t spoken yet. They had the same height 5’ 2” tall and the same facial features. The only difference was their hair. Her hair is a light purple. She wears it in a high ponytail that is wild. She also has bangs. Her eyes are a dark blue.

“No,” replied Akiko shortly with anger in her voice. She turned her eyes to the taller girl and narrowed them on her. She wanted her to say something else or at least try too. Out of the four she was the toughest and meanest. She had quite a reputation at school. No one would mess with her and that was how she liked it. But her friends knew her well she wasn’t as bad as the middle school kids say.

“Would you too please stop?” Asked Moriko Tsuchi in a small voice. She was the nicest out of the four. She and Kasumi were twins. Her hair is a snow white. She wears it in two long pigtails. She has bangs. Her eyes are a dark blue like her sisters.

Kasumi didn’t say anything. She knew better this time. She was thinking about what just had happened.

“It felt like a chill. Wasn’t it?” Takara asked.

“Yeah…” Echoed Kasumi.

“Maybe it was a ghost,” Akiko said her voice getting low and creepy. “Reaching out and touching our spines.”

“Could it really be a ghost?” Asked Moriko again in a soft voice. She reached out and grabbed the sleeve of one of the girl’s jacket.

“Will you stop it Akiko? You are scaring my sister,” Kasumi said in a load voice.

“Well it could be true. I read it in a book one time,” Replied Akiko.

“What book is that?” Asked Kasumi.

“Here we go again,” sighed Takara. She had a lot on her mind. Her father wasn’t doing to well. She was told yesterday how long he had left to live. She wouldn’t know how long he had left to live. She wasn’t sure if he would live to her birthday which was next week. He had promised too. She was supposed to go to school. He didn’t want her to remember how sick he was.

“Could it really be a ghost Takara?” Asked Moriko interrupting her thoughts. The girl tugged at her sleeve. The other two girls were still arguing.

“It isn’t a ghost,” said Takara firmly. She smiled at the younger girl reassuring her. Finally Moriko let go of her sleeve.

Kasumi had her hand up halting Akiko speech. The other girl looked annoyed. “We have wasted enough time here. We need to get the Tokyo Library.”

“How far are we from it?” Asked Moriko.

“Not far…” Replied Kasumi as she started to walk on. “Wait you haven’t been to the Library?”

“No,” replied Moriko.

Kasumi turned to the other girls and looked at them. They both shook their heads no. “Why have you not gone there yet? Finals are coming up. You won’t get into a proper high school with out…”

“You sound like my mother,” interrupted Akiko.

“Or my mother,” said Moriko. There was a short pause before Takara and Akiko started laughing with Moriko joining in. Moriko and Kasumi were twins. So sounding like Moriko mother would mean that Kasumi was acting like her own mother. Kasumi’s face turned red connecting the dots like the others had. She stormed on ahead.

Takara felt happy. It was the first time she had laughed in days. Her father wanted to enjoy life even with him being sick. Her friends didn’t know how sick he was. She wasn’t sure what to tell them. She kept everything in.

“It is no big deal anyway,” Akiko said. “We are all going to the same high school anyway.”

Kasumi slowed her walk not saying anything. She didn’t want them to know that she would be applying to the best high school in Tokyo. She didn’t want to leave her friends. Her eyes were sad though if they would look at her they would know. Luckily she was walking ahead of them.

“Right?” Akiko asked.

“Of course,” Moriko said looking away. She knew about her sisters plans or at least their mothers plans for her sister. She was also going to apply. She didn’t want to be separated from her older twin sister.

“So why do we have go then?” Akiko asked.

“That isn’t the point. We need to learn more. We should do our best to get into the higher level of school,” said Kasumi.

“What for?” Akiko asked.

“Ryuu is what for,” replied Takara. She was talking about their good friend Ryuu Nakano. He would be in his finally year of school when they attend. All the girls had feeling for him. He was rather good looking. He had charm and class. He was tall and slightly built. He has short black hair and his bangs were spiky. His eyes were blue. He looked much like Sakuya from Sensual Phrase (Kaikan Phrase) Manga. Almost all the girls had crushes on him.

“Oh…” Akiko said understanding.

“My understanding is that he doesn’t like dumb girls,” Kasumi said. She was feeling better. At some point she would have to tell her friends. She dreaded telling her sister the most. “By the way we are here.”

The girls looked on at the tall and long building. “This place is all filled with books?” Asked Akiko.

“Of course it is silly,” Kasumi said as she ascended the marble stairs. “You will learn a lot here.”

The other three girls groaned as they also started to climb the stairs. “Remember Ryuu…He could be here,” Kasumi said off hand.

“Come on let’s go,” called out Akiko springing on ahead. The other girls laughed as they followed behind her.

As they reached the door Kasumi stopped them. “You all must not talk to loud. Or act up. I do not want to get kicked out of here,” she told them in a firm voice.

“Yes mother,” Akiko replied opening the door. The other two girls giggled and followed her inside.

2. Basher

Chapter One continued. I changed the name to Fushigi Yuugi: Revival of the Mysterious Play

“Whoa,” Akiko said as she saw the inside of the place. Takara and Moriko echoed her.

The place had two stories. From the place they were standing at they could see the next level. A few feet in front of them were rows of tables. Places used to read and do your homework. Around the tables were rows and rows of book and that was just the first level. Near the entrance was the place to check out books. A little ways of that was a room that contained a vending machine.

“So here we are,” Kasumi announced in a quiet voice.

“There are just so many books here,” Akiko said in a normal voice.

“This is a library after all,” Kasumi said annoyed in a quiet voice. She started to walk to the tables with the girls trailing behind. “Remember quiet voice.”

“Yes mother,” Akiko grumbled. Kasumi shot her a look.

“I don’t see Ryuu,” Moriko said in a quiet voice which was actually her normal voice. She had been looking around since they walked into the place.

There were a lot of people here. Many of the tables were full. Almost every row of books had someone in it.

“Maybe he isn’t here…” Akiko said looking around. She frowned. She was hoping to see him. She wanted his advice on something.

“He could be here,” Kasumi replied while choosing a table. “We can’t see everything right now.” She sat down at a table. Setting her messenger bag on the table she pulled off her coat letting it drape over the chair.

Moriko and Takara sat down normally in two chairs. Both of them sat down on a side of Kasumi. Moriko was on her sisters left. Moriko and Takara left their coats on and set their messenger bag on the table. They were looking around the place.

“There’s more?” Akiko asked while she pulled up a chair. She sat down backwards in it. She tossed her stuff on the table. She started to look around the place also. She was hoping to see Ryuu.

Some of Akiko stuff landed on top of Kasumi messenger bag. She pushed it away giving Akiko an annoyed looked which the other girl didn’t notice. She started to pull out pens and paper. “We each will grab the books we need. I figured it would be easier to go by subject. If we all take good notes then we can photocopy them…” Kasumi voice trailed off. She wasn’t sure if her friends were listening. “Are you listening?”

“Yeah, yeah we grab a book by subject and take notes,” Akiko said looking off to the side.

“So how do we use this system anyway?” Takara asked turning to Kasumi. “I have been looking at it and it appears to be a little…different.”

“The system is a little much at first,” Kasumi replied looking at the other girl. Takara raised her eyebrow expecting her to explain more. “I’LL just get the books.” She sighed. She didn’t have time to explain to them and study. They had wasted enough time getting to the library. They had to leave by a certain time to make the subway. She looked at her wristwatch. It was already past four. They had to leave by seven thirty to make it to the subway in time. Three hours was barely enough to cover what they had to cover.

“Hey isn’t that Ryuu ex-girlfriend?” Akiko said pointing in the direction she was previously looking at.

The other girls turned and looked. “Yeah it is,” Takara confirmed.

“What is her name?” Moriko asked.

“It doesn’t matter we scared her away,” Akiko said and smiled. The other girls giggled. “It didn’t take much.”

“Her name is Chinatsu,” Kasumi said after the giggling stopped.

“Chinatsu…I don’t like it,” Akiko said.

“Of course you don’t,” Takara said nudging her. “You don’t like ANY girl that dates Ryuu.”

“Neither do you,” Akiko replied a half smile. Takara smiled back at her.

“I think she is with someone?” Moriko said.

“Really?” Akiko and Takara said while standing up trying to get a better look.

“Yeah she is,” Kasumi replied. “I think she is with Daichi.”

“Daichi?” Akiko said making her lip curl while sitting back down. She didn’t like the sound of that name.

“Didn’t Ryuu and her JUST break up?” Asked Takara sitting back down.

“Yeah, it was a week ago,” Moriko replied.

“She moves quick,” Akiko stated. “What does Chinatsu mean anyway?”

“It means a thousand summers,” Kasumi replied turning back to her messenger bag.

“It should mean a thousand men,” Akiko crackled. The girls laughed.

After the laughter died Kasumi said, “Well now I will go get our books while you all wait here. Don’t do anything until I get back.”

“Okay mom,” Moriko said.

Kasumi gave her an annoyed smile. She stalked off to the book shelves. The girls watched as she combed through the books until she walked to far away for them to see her.

“So we can’t do anything?” Akiko said. She put her elbows on the table and her hands on her checks. The other girls nodded at her. “This sucks.”

Takara had been looking off in a certain direction. “I think I am going to get something to drink.”

“You do know Kasumi will be mad if you leave,” Akiko said. She was squashing her face out of boredom.

“I am just dying of thirst though,” Takara said as she got out of her chair.

“Whatever it is your head,” Akiko said.

Takara walked off in the direction of the vending machines. She didn’t want to deceive her friends but she had to speak to Ryuu alone. She had spotted him walk in there. He was the only one who knew about her father’s condition. In time she knew they would look after her and see him.

Once Takara was far enough away Moriko turned to Akiko and said, “hasn’t Takara been acting a little strange?”

“What do you mean strange?” Akiko asked looking at the girl while still squashing her face.

“Well by now we would have at least gotten kicked out or warned,” Moriko stated in matter of fact.

“We are not that bad,” Akiko said. She became silent realizing what Moriko meant. She dropped her hands. “Yeah, she has been acting a little off.”

“Well by now you and she would have me laughing so hard by now. You two can talk and joke about anything. But lately she has been…”

“Yeah,” Akiko replied cutting her off. “Maybe it is her father.”

“Do you think it is possible he has worsened?”

“No,” Akiko said shaking her head. “She would have told us.”

“Maybe it is her mother,” Moriko stated.

“Maybe.”

Takara had moved to far away to hear her friends talk. She walked into the room that had the vending machines. She didn’t say anything to Ryuu. She hoped he realized she was there.

Ryuu was bending down grabbing a soda out of the machine. He stood back up and turned back around. God he was handsome.

“Hey Takara,” he said noticing her. “How are you doing?”

Takara’s face fell. “I don’t know,” she said coming into the room.

“I heard about your father,” he said in a concerned voice. “Is there anything I can do?”

“I don’t know,” tears started to brim in her eyes. She walked over next to him and leaned against the machine. She wiped them away.

“If you would like to talk about it I am here,” Ryuu said looking at her.

“It’s just so…” She started and stopped.

“Hard,” Ryuu finished for her. “Have you told your friends yet they could help you? I know what it is like.”

“Nooo…” Her voice trailed off. “I just don’t know what to say without crying.” She brushed away more tears.

“It is okay to cry for girls that is,” Ryuu said nudging her.

She gave him a half smile. He knew what to say to start her feeling better. He had always been like that. He was always there when she needed him. She in turn had tried her best to help him. Most guys don’t open up but Ryuu had slightly to her. Maybe it helped that they lived in the same apartment building.

“Here,” he said handing her the drink that he held. It was a green tea soft drink. Him and her were the only ones that liked it. “Now let me see a full smile. A smile that I like.”

She tried to smile at him but didn’t manage it. He nudge her until he full one.

“That’s it,” he said moving to stand in front of her. “You should smile more,” he brushed away her remaining tears. His hands were soft and gentle against her face. “You are much prettier when you do.”

She blushed and looked down at the floor. She cracked open her soda. She continued to stare at the floor until her blushed faded.

Ryuu most have not been paying attention. He was busy grabbing another soda. “The last green tea,” he said while taking it out of the machine. He cracked it open and took a drink.

Takara looked up at him. Their eyes met and she looked away from him. She thought she saw a blue light. “Did you see that?” A blue light had flashed for instant.

“See what?” He asked moving close to her.

“I thought I saw a blue light flash.”

“Couldn’t be. Up there is the restricted sections. Tons of old books. Well over fifty years old.” He took a drink of his soda. “If you don’t tell your friends tonight I will.”

Takara nodded her head and turned her attention back to him. She watched while he took a drink of his soda. It most of been her imagination.

“It’s good,” he said smiling at her.

“Very,” Takara agreed taking a drink. She smiled at Ryuu. She took out the rubber ball out her pocket and played with it in her hand.

“That’s better,” Ryuu said to her nudging her and smiling. He was referring to the fact that she was doing one of her old habits again.

Moriko and Akiko were in conversation not knowing that Takara had found Ryuu. “Her mother is such a witch,” Moriko said.

3. Basher

And yet again Chapter One Continued

Akiko raised her eyebrow. To make Moriko say that about Takara’s mother the old bat had to be awful. Well, she was. Akiko and the rest all knew to well about her. Blaming Takara for the break up of her marriage was a little to much. She was the one at fault for making her husband leave her.

“What’s taking Takara so long?” Moriko said looking towards the soda machine. She noticed Takara with Ryuu.

“That *****,” Akiko said standing up. She reached out for her stuff.

“Where do you think you are going?” Kasumi asked.

“To get a drink,” Akiko answered still looking towards the machine. She could barely see but Takara was looking down at the floor. She could have sworn that Ryuu had touched her face or maybe kissed her.

“It’s far too early for that,” Kasumi said. She started to go through the books she grabbed. “You get the mathematics Akiko. Moriko gets English. Takara gets…” Her voice trailed off as she looked for Takara. “Where’s Takara?”

“Getting a drink,” Moriko said. She stood up and grabbed her messenger bag also.

“Why?” Asked Kasumi.

Akiko had already started walking away from them towards where Takara was. She couldn’t let Takara have too much of Ryuu attention. She wondered when she would get to be alone with him.

“Where are you going Akiko?” Kasumi called after her. She got shushed by the librarian. She frowned. Why couldn’t they just study?

“Hey Kasumi,” Moriko said to her twin. The girls looked at each other. Moriko nodded her head towards the vending machines. “Look who is here.” With that she left Kasumi there trailing after Akiko.

Kasumi mouth formed in O shape as she saw what Moriko meant. She picked up her bag shoving her pens and paper into it. She grabbed her coat. She got a rude look from one of the librarians. She held up five of her fingers indicating she would be back in five minutes. The librarian nodded and moved on to others. She rolled her eyes. They would have to be back in five minutes otherwise that strict librarian would take her books away.

“That’s better,” Ryuu said to Takara.

“What’s better Takara?” Akiko said entering the vending machine room. She gave her friend a dirty look indicating that she was annoyed with her. Ryuu was looking at Takara still so he missed it. “Hi Ryuu,” she purred.

Ryuu turned to her and smiled. “Hi Akiko,” he said. “I was wondering where the rest of the bunch was.”

“Hi Ryuu,” Moriko said coming in shortly after Akiko.

“Hi Ryuu,” Kasumi echoed.

“Hi Moriko. Hi Kasumi,” Ryuu said giving them each a smile.

Moriko pushed pass Akiko to the vending machine. “Do they have Green Tea soda?” She searched the machine but secretly she wanted to get closer to Ryuu.

“No, sorry Moriko I took the last one,” Ryuu said.

Her face pouted as she turned to him. “I sooo wanted one,” Moriko whined. Moriko changes when she is around Ryuu. She is much more competitive.

Takara coughed she knew quite well that no one but her could finish drinking the Green Tea soda. The others just liked it because Ryuu did. At times it did get annoying. She usually finished their drinks. They had heard Ryuu likes it when a girl drinks what he likes.

“Well, if you can’t decide what you want move out of the way,” Akiko said trying to shove the other girl.

“I was just going to ask Ryuu for his choice,” Moriko said holding her ground.

Akiko stopped she also wanted what Ryuu would decide next.

“Let’s see here,” Ryuu said looking at the machine. “I am partial to Citrus Ginseng next.”

“Then I will try that,” Moriko said putting her money into the machine.

“Me too,” Akiko said.

“Me three,” Kasumi said standing in line behind Akiko.

Ryuu had moved to the garbage tossing his drink away.

Takara rolled her eyes and looked away from the group back to where she saw the light. There was no way those three could drink that. She walked to the garbage and tossed her finished drink away still looking at the darkened part. She saw the stairs leading up to the restricted section.

“This is so good,” Moriko purred.

“Yes it is,” Akiko agreed.

“It is wonderful,” Kasumi said taking a drink then coughing.

“So what are you gals studying tonight?”

“Lot’s,” Akiko said. “We are trying to get into your high school after all.”

“I am telling them what to study,” Kasumi said showing off.

Moriko had turned her attention to where Takara was looking at. She didn’t want to take another drink of the soda. It tasted awful. She noticed a flash of silver light.

“Did you see that?” Moriko asked Takara.

“See what?” Takara asked.

“A flash of light.”

“No, but I saw one earlier.”

“Let’s go check it out,” Moriko said.

“Okay,” Takara said. She rolled her ball in her hands and followed Moriko.

“Where are you guys going?” Kasumi asked noticing the two girls head off in the direction of the restricted section.

“I thought I saw something,” Moriko replied while still walking. They had reached the stairs landing.

“You can’t go there it is restricted,” her sister said annoyed.

“Whatever,” Moriko said climbing up the stairs. Takara followed behind the girl.

“You guys can’t go up there,” Kasumi said starting after them.

“So what did you see,” whispered Takara to Moriko as they ascend the stairs.

“I thought I saw a tiger,” Moriko said as they reached the landing. “Well sort of.”

Takara remembered the flash of blue light. She thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye bought she wasn’t sure. She watched as the other girl was on the landing. She could hear Kasumi coming up behind them. They walked down the hall until they reached the door across from the stairs. It had a two signs one reading Important Documents Reference Room and the other No Unauthorized Personnel/Restricted Access.

All of a sudden the door opened by itself. The two girls looked at each other. It was strange that it would do that. Moriko shrugged. “I guess it is okay,” she said then entered.

Takara followed behind her. Inside the room it was dusty. There were several shelves but not as many as the main part of the library.

“It doesn’t look like someone has been here in ages,” Takara took notice.

“Maybe they just forgot about it,” Moriko said.

All of a sudden a gust of wind came through the room. It blew Moriko and Takara hair around then it knocked a book of the shelf. The book fell to the floor making a slight sound. The two girls looked at each other not saying a word.

“What do you guys think you are doing to the libraries property?” Kasumi asked. She stepped into the room. She walked over to the book.

“Nothing,” the other two girls said together.

“I doubt any of the librarians would leave this laying on the floor,” Kasumi said picking up the book. She read the title from the light in the hallway. “The Universe of the Four Gods…” She turned the cover.

“So since we are finally alone,” Akiko said to Ryuu. She had waited until she couldn’t hear her friend’s footsteps. “I wanted to ask if you have heard…”

“Yeah, I know of the rumors.” Ryuu said. He leaned against the vending machine. “You shouldn’t let them bother you.”

“I know but still. Why does it always happen to me?”

“I think because some people don’t know better,” Ryuu said. “If you only showed the real you.”

“The real me?” Akiko asked as she thought about.

“The Universe of the Four Gods that sounds interesting,” Takara said coming up next to Kasumi. Moriko nodded and came to Kasumi other side.

“It is in Chinese,” Moriko said.

“Good observation,” Kasumi said.

“So what is it exactly?” Takara asked. “My Chinese isn’t that great.”

“It is an Ancient Chinese novel. It is rather strange though.”

“Ancient Chinese novel?” Takara said wondering about the book.

“What is strange?” Moriko asked looking at the book.

“The front cover has The Universe of the Four Gods but inside it is Revival of the Universe of the Four Gods.”

“That is strange,” Moriko said.

“How so?” Takara asked.

“You can’t have two separate names for one book.”

“Ohh. So…what else does it say?”

Kasumi looked at the book and begin reading from it.

For it has already gone through one cycle”

“Well that explains it,” Takara says.

“Explains what?” Moriko asked a little puzzled.

“What is the real me?” Akiko asked.

“Who you are meant to be and not what others think of who you are,” Ryuu responded.

“Ohh, I thought I was showing the real me.”

“Does it bother you that other people talk about you?”

“Yes,” Akiko answered.

“Then you are not being the real you.”

“So how do I become the real me?”

“Only you can figure that one out,” Ryuu responded. “Though my advice to you is do not feel like you are invisible. Your family ignores you but your friends don’t. I don’t.”

Akiko smiled at Ryuu.

“You are like a little sister to me after all. All of you are,” He said referring to her three best friends.

Her smile faded away. He didn’t know how she felt. He didn’t know how any of them felt towards him. She half smiled to herself she would have to change that.

“What does it explain exactly?” Moriko asked again.

Kasumi sighed. “It explains why it has two titles. The story is starting over though it has already gone through one cycle or story already.”

“Ohhhh,” Moriko said fully understanding. “Read more.”

“Okay don’t interrupt.” Kasumi scanned the words translating them in her mind.

This story is about four girls now...”

“Maybe we should get Akiko. She is more into this kind of thing then any one else,” Takiko suggested.

Kasumi gave her an annoyed look. She looked at her sister. Moriko nodded her head. “Go get her then.”

“I will do it,” Moriko said. She moved quickly towards the door. “Don’t read with out me.”

Kasumi and Takara watched her leave. Takara looked at Kasumi. “What?” Kasumi asked.

4. Basher

Didn't plan on writting so much. Final part of Chapter One

“Don’t read the book,” Takara said.

Kasumi rolled her eyes.

“I can’t believe you know how to read ancient Chinese.”

“It isn’t that amazing,” Kasumi said.

“Yeah it is,” Takara insisted.

Moriko quickly walked to the flight of stairs. “HEY AKIKO AND RYUU you got to see this,” she called down to them.

Akiko smiled at Ryuu. She remembered her plans. “COMING,” she called. Her friends had helped her figure it out now.

“So Ryuu…” Akiko said moving in front of him.

“HURRY,” Moriko called from above.

Akiko took a hold of his hand. Ryuu watched her. “You think we are little sisters to you.”

He nodded his head.

She took a step in closer. She placed his hand on her bosom. “Maybe you shouldn’t we are growing up quite well.” She gave him a devilish smile then turned around and bounded up the stairs.

Ryuu flexed his hand. He remembered the warmth of her chest. He knew it way to well. The girls were starting to feel less and less like sisters to him. It didn’t help that his class mates have notice their change either. He had to stop himself from wanting to kiss Takara today. She was so vulnerable and beautiful. He wanted to stop her pain so bad.

“COME ON, Ryuu,” Moriko called.

Maybe after today he would stop looking at them as sisters. He had the feeling that no other girl he went out with could compare to them. He remembered Chinatsu saying something like that. He turned and bounded up the stairs after the girls. Many guys would consider him lucky.

Moriko noticed Akiko smirk. She was dying to know what happened but Ryuu showed up. “Oh my god,” Moriko said after Ryuu was there. She started walking them down the hall.

“Book?” Akiko asked. “You brought me here for a book?”

“It is not ordinary. You will like it,” she insisted.

“How so?”

“Well it tells a story about four girls,” they reached the door and step inside. Moriko motioned with her head at Akiko and Ryuu.

Both Takara and Kasumi noticed. They looked at each other and smiled. They wanted to know what happened but Ryuu was there. There was no point in asking.

“What is this book?” Akiko asked folding her arms across her chest. She noticed her friend’s expressions. She wanted to change the subject before Ryuu noticed it too. She could still feel the warmth of his hand on her chest.

“It is an Ancient Chinese Novel called The Universe of the Four Gods,” Kasumi responded. She started to read from the book.

“Revival of the Universe of the Four Gods.”

“Wait. I thought it is called Universe of the Four Gods,” Akiko asked.

“It is and it isn’t,” Takara said.

“Huh? How is that possible?” Akiko asked.

“Maybe we shouldn’t be up here,” Ryuu said.

“It’s fine,” Kasumi said. Everyone else gave her a strange look. She above all would never break rules. “The story is starting over though it has already gone through one cycle or story already.”

“Ohhh. Go on,” Akiko said.

“The Universe of the Four Gods. Revival of the Universe of the Four Gods,” Kasumi started the story.

Akiko rolled her eyes at this Kasumi always begins the story with the title. She doesn’t want to leave any detail out. The odd thing was that there was no author. She listened as the other girl read Ancient Chinese.

This story is about four girls now
    Who each must single-handedly gather the Seven Stars of Suzaku, Seiryuu, Byakkou, and Genbuu
    And gain the power to make all of their own dreams come true.
    The story itself is an incantation
    And those who shall read it will gain power
    To have their wishes granted.
    As soon as the page is turned,
    The story will become real and begin again."

“What the hell does that mean?” Asked Akiko walking towards her friends and looking at the book.

“We don’t know. We thought you would know,” Kasumi said. “You like this sort of thing.”

“How am I supposed to…”

Before she could finish they all were wrapped in a different type of light. Takara was wrapped in a blue light. Akiko was wrapped in a red light. Kasumi was wrapped in silver light. And Moriko was wrapped in a black light. They vanished from their spot. The book fell to the ground with a thud.

“Moriko? Kasumi? Akiko? Takara?” Called Ryuu as he looked around. “Where are you girls at?” He searched around the room looking for them. He couldn’t find them. His eyes landed on the book. ‘It couldn’t be,’ he thought. He picked it up reading the first page.