g-force guardians of space episodes

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by redturbo, Nov 2, 2003.

1. redturbo

redturbo New Member

Hello, everyone. I'm a huge fan of this show and i saw on a website that someone had made gforce guardians of space vcd!
    But this site gone down because it wasnt respecting rules.
    I wanted to know if someone here has them(or if the webmaster of the site is here and can tell me the new link to the site!) and can sell international(lets say to Portugal)
    thank you !

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Welcome, redturbo!

I don't know if this will be any help, but akiraHz posted a note about G-Force: GOS in March, and it can be found at:

G-Force: GOS Post

Here is his contact information. Maybe he can help you:

akiraHz

GOOD LUCK!

Mark

3. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

If I remember right, the UK Amazon has a boxed set of the G-Force epis up, that is, if you're in the UK or have a region free dvd player. I think it came up when I was looking for BOTP stuff.

4. Meridian

Meridian New Member

The G-Force DVD on Amazon only has the first 3 episodes on it.

5. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Oh, does it???? I honestly thought it had more than that. OK, never mind then! :sweat2: :eek:

6. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

I wish that they'd go ahead and make a box set with all of the BotP, G-Force, and at least the corresponding Gatch episodes, subtitled. And while they're at it, they could go ahead and put in the Gatch movie, too. If wishes were horses...

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Hey, check out the description:

Synopsis
    Space adventures with the G-Force - young men able to transform themselves into powerful, bird-like creatures, they guard the galaxy with their remarkable ship, Phoenix.

So Agatha June is a man? I KNEW it!!!

9. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Get the feeling the synopsis was written by someone who'd never watched any of it? ;)

The DVD is PAL encoded. The blurb on the back says it will play anywhere in the world except NTSC regions.

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Crap. So in other words, you can't watch it in the United States?

11. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I suppose if you could get a PC's DVD player to take region 2 disks, then the PAL/NTSC thing wouldn't matter because the software ought to just interpret it properly. But I think it's harder to swap regions on a PC DVD player because most of them seem to be hardware restricted to only allow the region code to be changed a very few times, like the last one I tried it with had a limit of 5 changes before it would stay on the last region code for good.

12. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

It'll play anywhere BUT the US?! What's up with that? What did I, a possible loyal American customer, do to them to cause this? Drat.

13. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Someone who knows much more about this stuff than I do has told me that you can get "cheats" for most dvd players, although I had a Toshiba and none of them worked for me. It seems that the dvd player makers "tell" the player what region that they want it to work in. North America is region 1, Europe (including Japan) is region 2, and the rest of the world (I think) is region 3. Now, the manufactuers insert a code or a chip into the player to tell it what region it should be. They could tell the player to accept all regions, but they won't do that because the dvd movie makers don't want them to. That's what he told me, anyway. A cheat code lets you get into the "back door" to the programing and lets you change the code, so that you can trick the player into thinking that it's a region 2 machine, when it isn't. These don't work on all players, but there are some people who know how to pull the thing apart and put it back together again who can "chip" a dvd player, which involves taking out the region chip, clipping off one prong and putting it back in.
    I have no idea how to do that, and even though I called everyone I could think of, no one around here knew how to do it, either. So, I ended up buying a region free dvd player from ebay. Seems that a region free player, one that's been programed to play anything at all is really common over in the UK, but not avaliable here in N. America. Again, seems the movie makers don't want us to have them!!!!! But, I bought a daewoo player from ebay that works beautifully, and it's region free and it connects to the tv just like any other player.
    So, the short answer to your question about what you did to deserve not being allowed to play a region 2 disk, is that you live in North America and the manufacturers DON'T WANT US TO HAVE ACCESS TO THIS STUFF. Heaven only knows why, unless they think that we'll buy our movies from European dealers rather than pay the massive import costs that the dealers charge. Actually, I've done that, and I find that it's cheaper for me to order something from Amazon UK than asking the Canadian or US ones to import something for me.
    It's one thing to tell me that something is not able to be done, but when I was told that something can be done, but that someone else doesn't want me to do it or have it, I get annoyed. Sorry for the long post, but this stuff frustrated me to no end!! So, now you know.

14. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

See, that's the thing, there isn't a good reason for it. I know that there are some codes, but the makers of dvd players are negating them as fast as hackers are making them. Oh well.

15. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Over here in the UK DVD players are openly advertised as multiregion because region 1 DVDs are often cheaper than the same movies on region 2, so multiregion is a major selling point. Mine didn't come with instructions on how to do the multi-regioning in the manual, which I think is pretty common, but it was very easy to find out how to do it.

But yep, it's all the movie companies who don't want their movie releases in one region damaging sales when they release the same movie later in another region. But because movies often come out on region 1 first, and because of the price difference because of exchange rates, it's all gone to pot outside the US.

But it's important to note that this G-Force DVD is PAL. If you were playing a region 2 Japanese DVD on a US multiregion DVD player, you would have no problem because the picture standard in Japan is NTSC, same as the US. This G-Force DVD is region 0 so ought to play on a US/Canada DVD player. But in europe (except France, and I don't think there's a SECAM DVD standard so maybe that doesn't apply anyway) we use PAL. This has a higher number of lines on screen and a lower frame rate, and a different way of encoding colour. So if your US/Canada DVD player is multiregion but your TV can't handle the PAL signal, then you still won't be able to watch it.

But, in theory, it ought to work if you have a DVD player in your PC. Because the software ought to be able to play the PAL standard in a window same as anything else, so your TV or whatever wouldn't be involved.

Likewise with the UK BOTP release (all 85 episodes plus maybe the Gatch movie and previews of the new series - woohoo!), it's region 2 so you'd need a multiregion DVD player, and it's PAL so you'd need a TV that can handle a PAL signal.

16. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Both my cheapo DVD player and the computer one will play anything.

(unless you import, getting R1 material is tricky...the local stores policy is to only sell R2, very narrow minded since everyone who is anyone knows that R1 is better and often cheaper)

its best on the computer though, my dubious TV set is very old and the picture is poor.

17. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

I've purchased a couple of pal dvd's (Robbie Williams, another obession of mine! Hehehehe! :anime: ) anyway, I had no trouble playing it on my daewoo. That frined of mine who knows about this stuff says that he bought a daewoo (although a different one from mine) and that he has no trouble playing anything on it. Mind you, he bought it in a store and said that he could convert it to being a region free player "in seconds", as I recall.
    Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but if there's an entire boxed set of BOTP coming out in may in the UK that has all the 85 epis on it, why would I buy the Rhino "ultimate boxed set" that they've got out now? OK, it picks up where the seperate dvd's left off, but, other than the extras on it, is it worth buying? Or should I wait and get the big one from the UK? Man, I can't wait to get a job in the UK and move there!!!!! You guys get all the really cool stuff!!! LOL!!

18. Meridian

Meridian New Member

The Gatchaman episodes with proper subtitles are definitely worth having. I've ordered the boxed set from Amazon.co.uk, but when Rhino bring out more stuff I shall be ordering those too.

19. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

But what are the extras?? The description was very vague.

20. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

OK, guys, I need help. I really, really, REALLY want a Region free DVD player. Not only do I want that Battle of the Planets Entire Series Boxed set from UK, but my wife bought be a couple of Gatchaman DVDs from Japan to really surprise me. Of course, I can't play them on my player, and I don't have the heart to tell her. Where can I get this? Is there anything on eBay right now? I'm very ignorant on this, so any help would be great. Thanks.

Mark