G-Force: Guardians of Space theme song!!!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

(First off, nice new background for the board! Fits in with G-Force:GoS as well. Now if only there was an option to switch to the G-Force logo :rolleyes:

I tracked this theme down to share it with the rest of you. You can guess what it is by looking at the topic title ;) While it might not be the epic,adventurous Hoyt Curtin composition that is the BOTP theme or the classic that is the Gatchaman I theme, you must admit that it is quite catchy. Its probably one of the top 20 best cartoon/anime theme songs ive ever heard. Hearing it brings back so many memories. Makes me want The Anime Network even more to relieve those memories...........

http://www.afaddnetwork.com/afadd_music/wav_gforce2.wav

So, what do you think of it (and you didnt know, the famous "backbeat" was spawned off this theme)? Speak your mind! Oh yeah, and replace the 2 after gforce with 1 to hear the opening narration! How do you like it compared to BOTP's opening narration?

2. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Ok, don't hit me, Dirk......! ;)

I like the theme song, but I think I like the old Battle narration better.

*Ducks and runs for cover!*

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Oh, Dirk...why do you set yourself up for such dissapointment? :) This is like a Vehicle Voltron fan asking other fans who they like better...Vehicle or Lion. Most people will say Lion, and the Vehicle Voltron fan leaves heartbroken. (This question, as you could probably guess, is asked often on the Voltron boards, and it's amazing how way beyond a simple question and cruel some people can be. Not on this board, though!)

Anyway, I like the BotP narration more mostly because of who does it, William (Bill) Woodson. He also does the opening narration and some in-episode narration for the Superfriends, which was one of my three favorite shows growing up (along with BotP and Voltron.) So it's not because I have a thing against the G-Force: GoS narration...it's just all nostalgia for me and that unique tie-in between Battle of the Planets and the Superfriends.

(An aside: Hoyt Curtin did the music for both BotP and the Superfriends. In one episode of Challenge of the Superfriends, "The Time Trap," the first seven notes to the BotP theme is played when Green Lantern, Captain Cold, Sinestro, and Samurai arrive in King Arthur's Court!)

This should probably be for another thread, but to me, the opening narration and voice acting in G-Force: GoS almost seems forced, while the same for BotP seems natural. I think that has to do with that the BotP voice actors were seasoned veterans. The voice actors for G-Force: GoS are ones I never heard of before.

But, let me leave here on a positive note; the opening theme to G-Force: GoS is catchy. I find my foot tapping while listening to it.

4. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

me too. and Im not afraid to say that

5. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

LOL im just a glutton for punishment, am i not? Its alright, i wont leave in disappointment or "hit" anyone as i respect each of your opinions. Its just that its so difficult being a fan of such an obscure "red-headed stepchild" show such as G-Force:GoS, considering you'd be hard-pressed to find anything on it, much less fans of it. Dont get the wrong idea, im not looking for sympathy at all LOL. Half of the reason i want to get The Anime Network to see G-Force is so i could hopefully "see the light" and be awakened from my trance, as the 2 episodes ive seen recently have worked to an extent, but my nostalgia still holds on tight. So much that im probably the only person on this planet that can actually tolerate the "backbeat". I think i might have even grown fond of it in a creepy sort of way :dizzy2: . Anyways dont take my posts too seriously, and ill try my best to control my G-Force fever. Later :cool:

6. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Hey, I know you wouldn't actually hit anybody, Dirk!! Not on list, anyway! ;)

But with the craptastic week that I've been having, nothing would surprise me any more! :( :dizzy2: :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: