Art Gallery Help - Galleries Back Up

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ciel, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

the gallery link can be found on the main page www.mangatoanime.com on the left hand side. The passwords for galleries are different from forum access. The password you receive is for your gallery only. Unless you request for the password to be changed to your forum one as well.

Ser

2. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Alright Seraphim Im reasking it here like you asked...So how many people have requested gallerys since this has been re-opened?? And I have a question...this is probably in the wrong thread...but do you assign us our password? Or do we just use te one we use to log in here...

Misao

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

since we addied it in the summer, there's been quite a few new galleries. since its been reopened in December, quite a few as well. To answer your question, when a gallery is made, the one who makes it tends to give you your m2a nick as a username and makes up a password for you unless you request otherwise.

seraphinx's #11 post here asked if you then can change your password. #12 post answers this by indicating that after you sign in, there is the option to change your nick.. so.. if you get a crappy password, you can always change it.

I hope this helps?

4. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Yah that helps alot...even thou I dont have a gallary yet, I know what to expect now...thanks for your answer!!

Misao

5. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

I've requested for a gallery a couple of times, but got no reply. I wonder if I'm not yet qualified for it....

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

you haven't received a gallery yet due to the gallery error problem. I myself can't access galleries to make one for you, so please be patient as Cloud fixes the problem.

7. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

This isn't related to galleries but I was wondering how to post a picture that's alreday on my computer, like in my own folder. I would like to post a picture that I drew but I have no idea how. Maybe my brother knows but I was also wondering if you could help, sorry it's kinda off topic. :shy:

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

9. Kenji

Kenji New Member

uh hey Seraphim I was wandering about my gallery.. umm i didn't get it yet and so wen that problem gets fixed can you se what you can do, thanx a bunch. :anime:

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

guys... in the future when I pm you and I say 'I made you a gallery its on the 3rd page' a gallery is already made for you..you just go to the third page, find your gallery that has your name on it and add pics. I know you have access to create another gallery but please, there's enough galleries as is for empty extra ones..

thank you..

11. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

ummm. . . .i dont know what happened but i when i was trying to organize my drawings in my gallery i put some of them into a sub album. All was fine but then i wanted to make the album go to the first page of my gallery. So i clicked move album and said top level, and now it gone. .i figured i did somthing wronge . . . .what happened to it? Can i get it back?? Please help. . . .Thank you!

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

okies I go look for you.

#1 edit: ok, I got 4 pages and 28 images. you had a subgallery of how many images and what picture was its title?

#2 edit : okies. It's all fixed. Your subgallery went to the second last gallery slot in the list. So if you lose a gallery again just go through the list and see if you can spot it. usually best places to look are the first and last pages. Then, you can nest it back into your gallery.

Your gallery is back where it should be :)

13. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Thank you very much!! Arigatou gozaimasu.

14. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Hey, i wasnt sure if anyone else was aware of this... but there seems to be a problem with the Galleries.

If you follow anyones link in their sig. or the link on the dropdown, its shows you an error message.

Just wanted to bring this to the mod's attention.

~Kamui

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya I know. All I can do about it is pm Cloud. it's happened in the past when the site has been worked on or updated.

edit: galleries working now, thanks Cloud :)

16. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I'm having trouble uploading pics to my gallery- it shows an error message and then the picture doesn't appear in my gallery as usual.

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ok. I PMed Cloud. If its a major problem I'll make you a new gallery and move your files there.

18. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

theres nothing wrong with mine....

19. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya there isn't anything wrong with mine, I thought maybe it was just MT's but some seem a little weird. with invalid lock files popping up and saying invalid image.

20. Rem

Rem New Member

Hi,
    I am having a problem with moving pictures in my gallery. I have added a few new pictures and when I tried to move one of my character designs into its designated sub album I recieved this message:

Moving photo #1

Warning: copy(/home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/albums/album54/yuna.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 26
    Resizing/compressing original image
    Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/albums/album54/yuna.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/gallery/util.php on line 395

Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/albums/album54/yuna.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/gallery/util.php on line 221

No resizing required
    Warning: getimagesize(/home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/albums/album54/yuna.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site58/fst/var/www/html/gallery/util.php on line 648
    Error: Invalid image: yuna.jpg!

The stupid thing is, see the file name of the picture it is trying to move?, well that isnt the picture I am trying to move, this same message with the same picture name comes up no matter what picture I try to move.

Any help?

Thanks
    xxxx