Gatchaman-BOTP-G Force Characters

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by gatch72, Sep 5, 2005.

1. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

Which one is your favorite?
    Whats one of your favorite episodes?
    :D

2. G-3

G-3 New Member

good thread!

Ace has always been, and always will be my favorite, then aggie,

my fav episodes, "The Fatal Flowers"

3. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

I never said mine.
    I like Joe, even though I did have a crush on Jun a.k.a Princess when I was a little one.
    Favorite BOTP episode, is probably "Attack of the Space Terripan" (The Pilot)
    Favorite Gatchaman, so far I would say "The Deadly Red Sand"

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

My favorite characters are Mark and 7-Zark-7. My favorite episodes are "G-Force in the Future," "A Whale Joins G-Force," and "Decoys of Doom."

5. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

My favorite characters are:

- Dirk Daring (Joe Asakura): I think my screename speaks volumes. "A crack marksman with the eye of an eagle, and nerves of steel!"

- Agatha June (Jun): "Flies like a dove, strikes like a falcon! A match for the strongest on the team!" Strong, independent woman, and yes I'm honest enough to admit that I had a slight "cartoon crush" on her as well when I was younger. Definitely one of the more conservative-dressed anime females (cant say the same for the OVA..............)

- Red Impulse (Kentaro Washio): The proverbial Deus Ex Machina. Awesome character with lots of surprises up his sleeves.

Favorite G-Force episodes: "The Sinister STAR-ONE", "Wheel of Destruction", "The Secret Red Impulse", "The Van Allen Vector"

Favorite Gatchaman episode: "The Mummy That Calls Storms"

Oh and a small note Mark, G-Force's equivalent of "A Whale Joins G-Force", "The Whale Submarine" was G-Force's pilot episode. Wonder how that one turned out, after seeing the BotP pilot episode.

6. G-3

G-3 New Member

i thought this episode was more emotional in G-force, "The Strange White Shadow"

i'm watching "The Abominable Snowman Cometh" right now, this was also a favorite! :)

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

The Mummy episode carried the emotion in all three versions of the episode, I think.

8. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

Just wish in BOTP version, they would have showed more footage at the beginning of the show. See what happens to the airplane, when it disappears.

Another good one was
    The Fiery Lava Giant (First time I saw this one, I thought it looked like Jesus)
    Ironically the same episode in G-Force "The Rock Robot", if I remember right, thats what they sain that episode, about the Lava Giant.

9. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

Favorite character is Mark, he's handsome, confident, driven, determined and intelligent. Jason is a close second, he has a terrific edge and beneath his rough exterior is very caring and dedicated. Princess is smart, pretty, strong and charming and is a great female role model

My favorite BOTP episodes are the Sky is Falling Part II, the Fierce Flowers I and II and the episode where Jason falls for a girl who works for Spectra, an episode where Mark falls for a kidnapped girl, The Galaxy Girls and the episode where Center Neptune is being attacked and Princess admits her feelings for Mark while they wait to die.

10. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

If that is your favorite episode..You should try to get
    Battle of the Planets the Movie

11. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

The only problem with the movie is Zarks horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE new voice! It's like listening to nails going down a chalkboard. (I'm talking about the VOICE, all you antizarktytes...not what he SAYS!!! :D ) But yeah, the movie is cool. Do you know if can be copied to VHS, or is it scrambled? I'd be happy to copy it for elizabeth1 if it can be done.

12. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

i have the file on my computer and can put it on dvd.
    mark did u get my pm
    thankx

13. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Since this is a "universal" thread I'd like to get some clarification on a certain "G-Force" episode..................

And that episode is Episode 6: "The Micro-Robots". When Ace, Aggie, & Peewee bust out the 3-person Tornado Formation, did Peewee actually say "Hey bastard, just try stopping us now!" or was it just "buster"? I watched that episode via a BotP DVD rip and when that scene came up I was semi-slack jawed. I mean, if he did say "bastard", then how did that slip by in a late '80s dub, considering anime dubs at the time were considerably toned down or butchered (but a far cry from the cleaver they took to Gatchaman when creating BotP! ZING! Kidding. Again. :cool: ) and language like that surely wouldn't be allowed on animated shows at the time. I wonder if on the CN airing they did anything about that: G-3, I see that you have that episode. Mind checking it out to clarify this?

Then again, i did hear they kept our favorite Eagle Ike'ing the little girl on Episode 4 on G-Force. That makes me wonder even more if G-Force was edited even more from its already edited state for airing on CN, seeing as it touches borderline TV-PG material at times with the violence. The ADV Gatchaman DVD's are rated TV-PG V by the way.

14. G-3

G-3 New Member

oh she did? hmm..well what did he say? like everyone else i always wanted
    them two (in my world tis Ace & aggie) to get together heh..that would have been cute,

dirk i'll check out that episode for you tonight, and let ya know what i heard,

15. Harry

Harry New Member

Jason is my favourite just because he is so dark and I loved his car, Mark is a bit too squeaky clean, Princess is fit obviously, Keyop a bit too crazy, Tiny doesn't do enough and 7ZARK7 is an idiot although I do have a soft spot for 1ROVER1 !

16. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

FINALLY someone mentions 1-Rover-1 besides me!

Welcome, Harry!

17. Harry

Harry New Member

Bless him! With his little spinny round tail!

[​IMG]

18. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Good pic! I wonder if he puts salt and pepper on those wrenches Zark gives him.

19. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for offering to copy the movie for me, I appreciate the helping hand. The box set includes the movie though. 7 Zark 7 sounds like he's on steroids, its like he's a different character. I only saw the first few minutes of the movie, it starts with the Space Terrapin. As soon as I saw it was spliced up episodes and not an original movie, I stopped watching it. I really enjoy the box set though.

20. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

The Botp movie is NOT the Gatch movie.