Gatchaman-BOTP-G Force Characters

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by gatch72, Sep 5, 2005.

1. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

they r 2 totally different movies

2. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

The Gatch Movie is just spliced up episodes.

(its the prototype of the OAVS, if you want to know)

Its good for all that.

The Botp movie is good too. Zark is transformed; hes even bearable.

3. G-3

G-3 New Member

hey gatch72, the copy of the gatch movie you were talking about, in that other thread, is it the OAV?

4. Meridian

Meridian New Member

The gatch movie isn't the same as the OAV. The OAVs were made in 93-94 and look very different. The gatch movie was released in 1978, compiled together from Gatch 1 episodes.

5. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Don't forget the all-new composed soundtrack for the Gatch movie or so they say. The purpose of that movie IMO was to refresh the fan's memory seeing as Gatchaman had been off the air for 4 years (they rarely if ever rerun shows over there) and Gatch II was about to premiere.

I've yet to see the full OVA's. Mainly because the dub & subs for the U.S DVD are flawed (though not as flawed & BotP & G-Force). ADV needs to get ahold of the OVA's and give it proper treatment. It'd be nice to have all of the Gatch material under one pool of voice actors.

6. G-3

G-3 New Member

yes i know that, i've seen the OAV movie, i didn't like it, just wanted to make sure what movie gatch72 was talking about,

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I liked the OAVs for what it was...a quick review of a couple of classic Gatch storylines modernized for the 90s. It wasn't a replacement...just a different look. I like how they used classic music in installments 2 and 3.

And if Gatch72 is anything like me, he really enjoyed when Jun did her flip while transmutting on her bike. Put that in slow-mo and enjoy! :D

8. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

oh ya...i remember that one..i think our g-3...needs to combine the ova jun and the botp princess...sound cool.........