Movies Ghost Rider

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ciel, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I saw this trailer at the movie theatre:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/teaser1/

The special effects are amazing, it's either going to do very very well or blow. I'm thinking more on the first, I think Cage will do a great job, and I can't wait for the supernatural goodies!

Anyone else interested in viewing this when it comes to theatres?
    Anyone a Ghost Rider fan?

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Two words: DareDevil.

Though I would love to see this flick kick some butt, I have a sinking feeling it's going to be like Daredevil- All flash and no substance.

Still, Marvel has been coming along nicely over the years, there's still hope.

~W

3. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Lol, I don't think it's gonna be all that great. I'll probably get dragged there all the same.

4. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

I think it looks pretty awsome my self it looks like entertaining

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I wouldn't mind seeing this at all. I have heard about Ghost Rider Comic.

I personnal have yet to really hate Marvel comics movies. Hulk didn't care for but I didn't hate.

Plus there are other comics I wouldn't mind seeing at all. ;)

It is hard to say wither or not a movie will be good until you see it. So I am opened minded on this one.

6. Chane

Chane Audience of One

It's Nicholas Cage.

Thusly... I will see it.

7. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

I might go see I read the comic book and thought it was cool but one problem is I just forgot when it comes out.:anger2:

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think DareDevil (as far as the name of the movie and character go) are all one word dude :p.

Anyway, the film is being directed by the same guy who directed DareDevil, so there are probably going to be a few simularaties, but since i thought that DareDevil was ok, i think this is a film i can look forward to :).
    I remember the directer and cast saying that since theres been such a gap in the production of the comic that they were given a lot of freedom when coming up with the powers, which i think are going to make the film that bit more interesting.

9. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I actually liked DareDevil myself. It wasn't my favorite but it was pretty good to me. Although I wished the woman lived T_T It sucks she died but I'm guessing that's how the comic went...right?

Anyway, I thought the trailer was cool ^^ I'm interested in the movie greatly so I hope this one is a good movie. If not...then it might just be one of those movies I thought was good or okay.

10. Basher

Umm...Lance pretty sure at the end of DD that she lived. Well her necklace was hanging from a tree. The girl is Elektra.

Anyway. It is a good movie. I like Nicholas Cage. He had a few funny moments.

Some of the scenes were impressive. My boy friend was happy when Ghost Rider got the close to duds on.

11. Lance Leingod

BASHER ^^ *hugs Basher* Sorry I haven't been on very much. Couldn't get on for some reason to BJP T_T

Anyway, are you sure we're talking about the same thing? o_O I'm sure myself that the main girl in DD died as she was killed by the guy who could shot something very presisly. Then the main guy killed him ^^ I haven't seen the movie for a while but I'm pretty sure that she was killed.

And how does Elektra get into all of this? o_O That's a whole different movie. If you're talking about the girl that's in that, she lived of course.

12. Basher

No in Daredevil the "girl" aka Jennifer Garner character is Elektra Natchios. Also known as just Elektra. As far as her death goes there was her necklace left on the tree for Daredevil which leads us to believe she did not die.

Anyway back on discussion the motorcylce used by Ghost Rider was made on American Chopper. So I have heard. I want to watch that episode.

13. Lance Leingod

-_- I need to watch that movie again.

What I'm most interested in seeing is the chain that he uses ^^ I think it's pretty cool.

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

on the note about Elektra, things are explained in her own movie 'Elektra' which I found to be pretty good. I actually really like DareDevil and Elektra.

I saw Ghost Rider tonight, the special effects were great, but the movie felt short, I feel like something was lacking in plot; maybe a subplot? and perhaps more fighting scenes were needed. Also that revealing part as two main characters walked (special effects woo) was kind of pointless I found.. of course it looked cool.. but no team fighting or anything.

I'm tired, I know it's #1 at the box office but I wonder what else is playing.

15. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I saw this myself the other night. And like Ceil i thought that the plot was both rushed and lacking in something. With the way that the director was going on about the movie on the MTV special, i was kind of expecting something really special.
    Effects were great, i thought that the flaming skull was great. But most of the fight scenes that had him in Fire Skull mode were way to short.

For anyone that has played it, did anyone notice that the main character in the movie looked a lot like the main character in the game Painkiller on the PC and Xbox. Also when he changes into into a firey skull, he also looks like one of the enemies in the game, almost exactly. Maybe the director is as big a fan of the game as i am :).