Anime Gintama

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by wertitis, Sep 2, 2011.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'm about 18 eps into this. Seems like everyone is saying it gets insanely good, but I'm having some trouble pulling through the first slog of episodes. It's humor is hit or miss and it seems like it wants to be a parody full of other things I'd rather be watching. Not to mention each episode so far has been stand alone. Anyone know if I should stick with it? Is the payoff worth it?

~W

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Have not scene to much of it so...whats the good or bad word wert? I read some of Gintama figured it was all parody. Shelved it until I have more time. Worth my time or not?

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

It's very episodic, which kinda grates me. At most, an arc will only last one or two episodes.

...And the humor didn't really tickle my funnybone too much. I got to about episode thirty something and had to call it quits. I know it's been around for a while, but I guess my tastes have "evolved" beyond Gintama's target audience. Japanese humor seems about as subtle as a screech owl with a megaphone to me, these days. I've been looking for a good series to reinvigorate my love of the genre, but it's been crap and crap. Nothing imaginative, nothing thought provoking, nothing with a plot (save O.P., of course)- Either the series are bland and derivative or they're clearly geared toward another brand of audience. Manga is where all the risk takers are at, and I've been lukewarm towards even that after they started shutting down manga sites.

~W

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Hmm thats why I think the new Excel Saga anime may be to young for me. Good to know on this series. One not to watch.

5. seiji

seiji Member

It seems that the argument is completed.
    This work is continuing describing the humanity of Ginsan and friends hard without a serious theme, and delighting human love has gained popularity support by the theme.
    It is very agreeable.

6. seiji

seiji Member

In the U.S., it is thought that anime of Japan is misunderstood.
    The Japanese emotion in depiction of this work is exactly conspicuous clearly.
    Probably, demand is carried out by misunderstanding for all, if it does not understand, although these are typical Japanese and are the essence of anime.