Good chance that Love Hina 2 after Mao Chan + Negima

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Yellow_13, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Yellow_13

Yellow_13 New Member

OK, one can only assume that Akamatsu will be a manga writer for quite some time. Which leads to the question "What's after Negima and Mao chan?".

Three Words

Love

Hina

Two.

Everyone knows that he set the ending of the fourteen-book-long series perfectly for a sequel. Speaking of which, you can't deny that the ending was a real downer. It was to be expected that Keitaro and Narusegawa would be wed, but did Akamatsu need to end the series like he did? Heck No! Except for Urashima, Mutsumi, and Narusegawa, he really didn't go deep background on any of the other major characters. The only thing besides Love Hina 2 that would make me happy is a manga dedicated to Yellow 13 from Ace Combat 4. Both of these have to come out. Period.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I have no idea why I'm even bothering to speak on this, but whatever.

See, Akamatsu, no matter how many times he goes back and refers to his older series, I can't see him going backwards and doing Love Hina again.

The final chapter of Love Hina does NOT beg for a sequel more than indicate that Love Hina is a magical place where anybody's dream can come true. Ema is such a static character, and so similar to Keitaro, that most of the "new" series would be the same.

Why would Akamatsu put up the exact same stories, minus the Landlord-Tenant Loving, as a sequel? All he'd have to do was paste Ema's face unto Keitaro's face. And make Shinobu's hair have that extra lock.

However, if he DOES plan a sequel, what I would like to see is someone succeed the Urashima as the Landlords. Like, as a business transaction, so the family's magic would be based on something else. Urashima had luck. What if the new landlord had charisma?

But, I still don't see it happening.

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Izzy has a point in there. I don't know how many times I have talked about this sequel thing...

Even Ken Akamatsu himself said that he doesn't want to continue with the series because he's finished with it and wanted to produce different mangas.

Love Hina is finished, end of story. The ending of the Love Hina manga just rocked! It was prefect. If he did a sequel it will end up like Dragonball. It will be too much, and then it will get more boring for the time being. Sure, we all want more Love Hina, but the plot will bad WITHOUT the love between Naru and Keitaro. And also remember, the story is orignally stated by a promise:

"Did you know, that if two people who love each other go to Tokyo University, they'll live happily ever after? - Really?"

- Teddz