Celebrations Graduation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nightmare, May 31, 2008.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I have finally graduated highschool and now on my road to life. I wonder though how did everyone first feel when they graduated thats my question.

I feel nostolgic on a lot of things. I look back and regret that i didn't do more or try harder. I look towards my future and i see no real path. I'm curious to know if what i'm feeling is normal. That and I never really post threads.

So what was everyone's feeling on graduated at first and now?

2. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Boo! No fair! I'm not graduating till '09. At least it's only one more year.
    Although graduations mean you're no longer a kid, you've got the whole world out there. How exciting!
    Meanwhile I'm stuck with a bunch of underclassmen. :(
    I think I liked it better when I was the dorky freshmen and there were cool upperclassmen. Now I'm just a dorky senior :D

3. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

The thing about my graduation the only thing i had planned out was where i'm going. I'm going in the military this fall. I haven't decided what branch yet but i've said for 8 years of my life i'm going in regardless ofwhats happening. The thing is now that i look back on highschool i get a nostolgic on it. I wish i had doine this. I should have done this I should have been friends with these people. I look on with regret and feel that i didn't do all that i could have. I'm not going to do that anymore yet i can't help feel i waisted time. I regret a lot of things through my highschool but the one thing I don't regret is graduating. Strange

Being a senior at my school wasn't that bit of a deal. All i seen was how retarded the freshmen got each passing year. They got damn bad o_O;

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

My regret for High School is that I didn't go to more conventions and sooner! ^^;

Honestly though, life keeps getting better as you make it. I've met a lot of wonderful people this past year in college as well, I've gotten more free time to actually be able to hit up more cons (5 in all this year WoOt!), and I've started choosing my path in life.

Sure, those were the days were you got to see your friends every day. You could hang out, talk in class, have lunch all together, the works!

IF High School was to be the best years of your life, (like User18 said ^o^) then life wouldn't be as fun.

With respects to whoever said that High School were the best years of their life, they probably haven't been married :p

(Not that I am, but I know I look forward to seeing the person I love everyday [whoever that may turn out to be] rather than going to school XDDD)

-Seishin

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

High School? Best years of your life? Pish posh. I remember them as fun, but by no means the best.

It's been a while but I remember thinking 'Well that's over with, time for the Navy' and was immediately hustled off to boot camp. It's been a downhill trip ever since, but still better than high school. My own place, my own car, my own pets, I'm self sufficient, which is great. Add good friends and good beer to the mix and my time out of work was awesome.

And yes, it's been six years in. I just got out yesterday. I'm a civilian once more. Time for me to go Grizzly Adams. I don't need no razor anymore.

Listen to me Nightmare. There's no way to brace yourself for what's going to come after boot camp. Either you dig it or you don't. There's no two ways about it. Just remember to do 4 years and milk it for all the schooling you can get. Pick up the MGIB for when you get out. That's a metric ass-ton of money for college. Take it all one day at a time, and when you get used to that, take it one week at a time. Aiming for the weekends made time fly. And finally, don't go Navy Nuke.

Ever.

What's your ASVAB score?

~W

6. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

It is for the majority of people who don't care about their grades and can party every weekend with no cares or worries yet because they can't be tried as adults. That's how it is at my school.

That would be pathetic if you did think high school was the best years of your life. So what, everything from then on would be downhill for the next 60 70 years? What kind of thinking is that.

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ahaha, I decided to catch up on meh sleepz ;p

None of the teachers cared anymore, as long as your grade was above a 59.6% (I somehow made it to 97 ish even though I slept all the time, I think the three percent was class participation XD) and have a GPA above 2.0, you're in the clear XD

-Seishin

8. manslayer

manslayer animatedbboywhatareyou

great nice 4u all I got is 1year and I'm gone let the bboy battle, senior fights,etc. begin.

9. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Congrats!

I still have one more year left.. boo.

Then to college.

Then life.

Then death.

Yay!!

10. wertitis

Here's some good news. A bill went to congress to increase MGIB for service members who have served since 9/11. It's finally gotten the White House on board and when inacted will provide full tuition to any college in your home state as well as a housing stipend so you can live out in town as well as a grand a year for books.

The House just approved the newest version last night, the senate overwhelmingly supported the last version that went up despite Bush's threat to veto. Now that Bush no longer threatens to veto this bill the Senate is a sure win (cross your fingers). The last bill won with 75% support from the Senate. I don't think that it will change.

What does this mean for you Nightmare? When you get out of your four year fun-term you'll be getting paid up to E-5 pay with BAH (approx 2 grand a month) with college paid for in its entirety AND you'll get about a grand to spend on books.

Win win. No tax increase, they're funneling the money through the war bill. More debt for our country, but it's the first war expendature that gives back to the troops, and it does so in spades.

Best of luck.

~W

11. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

one more year, i would be out now if i hadn't screwed up. :]

i believe i will feel very happy at my graduation yet sad i'll leave everyone behind. =( congratulations nightmare. do something with your life dude!

12. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Going in for my asvab tomorrow. My recruiter and my family will then talka bout job oppurtunities based on my score tomorrow. Kinda freaking out in all honesty and having trouble sleeping.

Also I'm going Green baby. Army ;P

Thanks for finding that for me wert. It's helpful to know that when i get out i'll have the option of college.

sorry for the mispells. I'm wore out from today.

13. wertitis

I scored a 97. That's the score to beat my friend. ;) What's your results?

Army now? You ready to go to Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

~W

14. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

i took it. No studying, stayed up without sleep till 8 a.m got picked up at 2. Took the test and finished in about hours time or so. Got a 61 and reserved for combat engineer as my job. Wanted to get diver but since i wear glasses i can't so i'm going to have laser surgery when i go in.

Jobs for CE went fast...while we was checkinhg for my diver qualification which ONLY 1 slot avaiable in the whole U.S army i might add. their was 97 for combat engineer. when we refreshed the page one slot was left. I damn well got that slot lol.

Other things i got was telecomunications repair. Small arms repair, truck driving which had a 40,000 sign in bonus. javelin crew member and all kinds of neat ****.

But all in all i'm happy with what i reserved.

you and your...97...grrrr...i'll give you a cookie when i see you

15. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

really glad to see what your doing with yourself man. I'm real proud of you for graduating and moving on past the teenage wasteland years and turning into a real man. Keep it up Kevin. We love you and hope the best for you.

16. wertitis

Explain this combat engineer. I'm curious as to what it entails. Whats the scope of your work?

~W

17. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I just reserved the best sounding. :p j/k

Constructing trails, roads and field fortifications such as shelters, bunkers and gun emplacements
    Assembling floating or prefabricated bridges
    Operating various light or heavy engineer vehicles
    Placing and detonating explosives
    Loading, unloading and moving supplies and equipment using planes, helicopters, trucks and amphibious vehicles
    Operating or serving as a crewmember on a combat engineer vehicle, armored vehicle launch bridge or an armored combat earthmover
    Preparing and installing firing systems for demolition and explosives
    Locating mines by visual means or by using a mine detector
    That what they put up on army.com

Seem interesting enough seems like i'll never have a dull moment