Movies Grudge 2

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by wertitis, Oct 14, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Saw it, was pleasantly surprised with the direction that it takes. I found a few of the deaths clever in that the set up was all to familiar and yet the excecution was delightfully twisted. There's no blood in Grudge 2 (well, nothing gratuitous.), just a little bit of pee and a whole lotta creepyness.

I've seen Ju-On, the Japanese version of the original movie. If you've seen it then you know that the first Grudge is only the first half of Ju-On. It seems that Sam Raimi was banking on people watching that because while the second movie had very distinct similarities with the latter half of Ju-On, it took a different direction with the story and kept me second guessing myself.

Which was fun.

If you like creepy films I think you'll have fun with Grudge 2. It's more of the same, eerie Japanese horror which is worlds apart from American horror, which relies on intense scenes and lots of blood and monsters. Grudge 2 uses a disurbing atmosphere coupled with monsters that defy the basic horror mold in thier style and execution. Yum yum.

My favorite quote, btw:

"I don't know what you're talking about. They're both right here."

~W

2. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

1 Word... Pointless

In the End Nothing Really Changes at all
    Except the Fact that the Curse went to america or w/e
    Other Than That everyone just dies...

My Friends had this idea.. Just tell everyone that the movie was really good and make them go watch it so we can make them suffer the through the horrable movie just like us! we Are spreading the Curse!

and from now on. when i answer or call someone on the phone im going to make that one noise ;)

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Hah, well I guess I stand alone on this one. I enjoyed this cut more than the original. The only issue I had was that the previews really ruined the movie for me. They gave too much away.

~W

4. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I agree with you Wert in the fact that coming attractions and trailers of horror/suspense/thriller movies generally give away all the shock moments. Either way, I desperately want to see this flick. I love almost all horror movies no matter whether they're scary or not, cheesy or not (I still love most of the oldies like Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween and Friday the 13th). I'm hoping to see this before I leave for Florida on November 10th, and also want to see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre flick.

I generally don't bother myself with the opinions of most other people as I find myself tending to gear my interests in less popular media but your opinion, Wertitis, is, generally, a respectable one.