.hack//sign

Discussion in '.hack' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I am soooooo PO'ed right now. I recently saw a comercial(like 15 minutes ago) on cartoon netwrok fo .hack//sign. now on saturdays at 3. Whats next, Ranma 1/2 on daytime tv??

2. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I KNOW!!!!!!I totally hate CN for that one.Sorry,guys,but I do.
    They gotta learn where to draw the line!ARG!!!!!Oh,well.It could be worse.It could be Trigun.

3. Dr. Nick Rivera

im sorry blue crow...

:glazed: well trigun is coming on. in march. but its on adult swim(not much better, but...) also is Lupin the third(on now) and reign(out in april i think...)
    so im sad. such good shows too.....

4. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Not much better,but at least it's not right in the open(I mean,at friggin' 3 in the afternoon!).Our world is slowly falling apart,my friend.I knew Trigun was coming on Adult Swim.But what I meant was that it could be worse,Trigun could be on Toonami.And I thought .hack//sign was suposed to be on AS.Bastards!

5. Dr. Nick Rivera

were annoyed because these are shows that shouldnt be dubbed and put on tv

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hey guess what? if it's gonna be released in the states or by en english speaking company, it's getting dumbed. and there's really no stopping it. if you don't like the dub, buy it when it comes out, and watch it subbed. i hate dubs, guess which i do?

7. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I'm also annoyed because CN has a knack for blowing things way out of proportion.Half of these shows get butchered beyond repair.I was upset to see that they edited(although slightly) Cowboy Bebop.I mean,it's called Adult Swim,isn't it?What's the disclaimer for,guys?

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

american tv has it's set standards. if it goes beyond those, it get the disclaimer...but you still can only go so far. personally, i hate that they edit, but if they can't be like hbo or skinamax. they can only go so far. i'm just glad that shows are being shown and an interest in anime is created. ppl go out and get it, watch the sib for giggles. then, as they get more into it, they realize, "hey, this is better then how it was on tv". it takes some time....but be glad the good word is being passed around.

9. Dr. Nick Rivera

...I was less than satisfied with Ranma's male voice.

10. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Whoa,we certainly have gotten off topic have'nt we?

I love .Hack//Sign,it is a really original series,where else would you hear of a character getting called a "newbie"?Its classic.The scenery is quite nice too.The dub isnt to bad,the only voice that doesnt sound right is Tsukasa.Other than that they sound quite good.Great series.

11. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

?????

I'm glad they're putting anime on tv. They've been doing that alot lately. I, myself, cant go to video stores that often and buy anime (mainly because I live in like a town where you blink and missed the whole thing and I'm always flat broke). So even if it's not at it's best quality, it's nice to see new shows come on. I just saw hack sign yesterday and really like it.

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

well.. I don't think anything has been so greatly butchered then Escaflowne... sign :(

if Tsukasa's voice isnt right, then the dub is bad? cuz Tsukasa is a major character?

I love the music to this anime! its so much like Noir too.

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I love the series and I don't want to see it dubbed. IT really painful to see you favorite anime "butchered" IT'S MORE THAN I CAN BEAR. :dizzy2:

14. BlindlessSoul

BlindlessSoul New Member

Wow...If it were up to you guys I would NEVER see anything new! Ha ha...I guess I'm just on the complete opposite side of the world, of you guys, when it comes to my likes.

I'm glad it's coming to TV. One - Because if it haden't I would have never seen it and wouldn't have known that I liked it. I heard about it before but was never really interested until I saw it on TV and found out that I really liked it. Personally I like the English voice actors over the origianl Japanese voices. I don't like the Japanese voices and I don't like having to read the translation at the bottom of the screen. It takes away from the picture! If I'm not mistaken the voice actor for Tsukasa is the voice actor from Outlaw Star for the kid. And I like him and all the voice acting I've heard so far in the dubbed.

The only thing I might agree with you on is the editing. I don't like the fact that they cut down the anime. But I'll take it if that's what they have to do to put it on TV. That's how I get introduced to some new anime and if I really like it I buy it and hopefully get the parts that were cut back. And this is one prime example of seeing an anime that I like and plan on buying.

Now only if I could see Escaflowne the series and Neon Genesis Evangelion on TV so I could see if I liked them. I've considered buying these but I'd really like to see them before making such a leap! (I can't rent anime where I'm at)

Well anyway that's just how I feel about it...it's apparently different from everyone else here...But hey if we were all the same it would be boring, right? Ha!

15. Dr. Nick Rivera

Well, I think my worst nightmare is coming true. I heard that on a commercial for some "Robot Week" thats starting 2/24, clips from Neon Genesis Evangelion were seen. Please, someone, prove this wrong! It would make my life a veritable Hell! Oh, and JasonOfDragon, just ask any of us here at M2A if you want to buy an anime. Definatly buy some NGE. Its worth it.

16. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

The main character.

Same musician.

What's the deal with this thread,why does it keep going off topic?

17. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

??????

It's not. We're just saying why we do and dont like it. And why some people say it's a good ting or a bad thing they're putting on more anime. And for those of you who dont thinks it's good, Than just dont watch it. Saying its bad and giving it a bad reputation can ruin it for the rest of us. Some of us dont really have many stores that sell anime around, so it's good that they're playing it on tv. I watch Hack/Sign last week and loved it. And I plan on watching it today.
    So NA!:p

18. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

The new ps2 game comes with a free 45 minute episode.......it's con time. ^^ From what I've seen of .hack//sign, it's good. It reminded me kind of, of Lain, just because of the whole 'otherworldy' thing. But the comparison stops there. The animation is really good. I'm willing to see more.