.hack timeline

Discussion in '.hack' started by Neriek, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Neriek

Neriek New Member

Right, I have the 3 volumes of the LotT manga, but I am confused as to what else there is and how the timne line all ties togeather.

I was wandering if someone could tell me what series there are ion the .hack series and what medias they are (manga, anime ect)

Thanks

2. Fushigi Rockna

The timeline of .hack// goes as follows.

First is .hack//AI BUSTER. This a novle prequel to the entire series. I'm not sure how ong it takes place before the rest of the series.
    Then comes.hack//SIGN. this is the anime series.
    Another novel called .hack//ZERO takes place between SIGN and the games.
    Following this is the four games, all in this order, .hack//INFECTION, .hack//MUTATION, .hack//OUTBREAK, .hack//QUARANTINE.
    Taking place at the same time as the games is the OAV that cam ewiht the games, .hack//LIMINALITY and a two volume long novel adaption of the game told form BlackRose point of view called .hack//Another birth
    Four years later, the events of .hack//Legend of the Twlight Bracelet (or just Legend of the Twlight) take place. Not only is LoTB a 3 volume long manga, it also has its own anime series.
    7 years later (I asumming after the game, not LoTB) is when the 3 new games that are ebing created are going to take place, alognw ith the new anime series claled .hack//ROOTS. This new project is called, .hack//G.U. Project.

Hope that was of some help.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

THANKS

Now I can start watching without being confused.

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

This was posted .hack/roots

1992: Player of Balmung is born (seriously!)

Dec 24 2005: Pluto’s Kiss

May 2007: Fragment beta test begins

Dec 24 2007: The World publicly releases, first celebration of “Mother Mary’s Maiden Kiss” holiday

2010: AI Buster 1 (Novel)

2010: AI Buster 2 Chp. 1 (Novel)

2010: SIGN (26 episode anime series)

2010: AI Buster 2 Chp 2 (Novel), takes place within first four eps of SIGN

2010, inbetween SIGN and the Games: Zero (Novel)

2010: Games (Four PS2 games) // Liminality (Four episode anime that takes place in the real world during the games) // Another Birth (Four novels, retelling of the games from BlackRose’s PoV) // XXXX aka X-force (Manga, retelling of games as a manga)

Dec 24 2010: End of Games/Liminality/Another Birth/XXXX

After the games and crap have ended: Unison (single episode special) and Gift (parody un-related to main timeline)

???? Pre-UdeDen: AI Buster 2 Chp 3 (Novel)

???? Pre-UdeDen: AI Buster 2 Chp 4 (Novel)

???? Pre-UdeDen: AI Buster 2 Chp 5 (Novel), very very shortly before UdeDen manga or quite possibly during the first couple of chapters of the manga

2014: UdeDen (Anime and Manga), please note: the manga is CANON, the anime is an adaption of the manga and is not canon

2015: Fire at CC Corp, servers shut down for a year

2016: The World R:2 released

2017: Roots (anime), pre-GU Game

2017: GU (Three PS2 games), GU+ (Manga adaption of GU), Online Jack (Anime that takes place in the real world during GU), CELL (Novel), GnU (Manga)

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I came in here looking for just this. I think it's important enough to get a sticky. ^^