Hajime Saitou vs Aoshi Shinomori!!!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Datenshi_Ryu, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Datenshi_Ryu

Datenshi_Ryu New Member

Hey guys, this thread is dedicated to the sole purpose of one thing : If Saitou, former captain of the 3rd squad of the Shinsengumi ( I love saying that) and Aoshi Shinomori, Former leader of the Kyoto Oniwabanshuu, after the Jinchi Manga ( Notice i said manga not anime because i thought the final oav and the episodes after the kyoto arc were pretty sad made) were to duke it out, who would win?

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

because im a complete Rurouni Kenshin freak, i have to point this out. the names are Saitou Hajime and Shinomori Aoshi. in Japan, the family name comes first followed by the given name. anyway, i would have to say that Saitou would win. Although Aoshi uses two swords that doesnt give him an advantage. if one has skill with the Katana then, using a nittou ryuu wouldnt be nearly as effective. and in terms of experience Saitou has far more of it. Although Aoshi was a master at the Kodachi and Kempo at the age of 15, he lacked true fighting experience like Saitou had during his days as the "Sanbantai Kumichou".

3. Datenshi_Ryu

Datenshi_Ryu New Member

Thank u, Hitokiri Gensai for that little error. I aprreciate it. Anyways, i agree. Saitou would win but i think it would be close. Aoshi does have more various attacks. Saitou has his powerful yet repeitive Gatotsu. It gets a little dull after a while until... GATOTSU ZERO SHIKI! thjat would be the maker for aoshi. just posting my opinion. =)

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

well, Saitou has more than just the Gatotsu and its various stances. his style has been thought to be Mizuguchiha Ittou Ryuu. which a single sword stlye. the Gatotsu isnt a real attack but its based on the "Left Handed Forward Thrust" which is a break off of the "Hirazuki" a stab technique created by the tactical genius, Hijikata Toshizou.

5. Datenshi_Ryu

Datenshi_Ryu New Member

yea, i noticed that. but i'm still alittle confused with the hirazuki and all. I thought all Shinsengumi members knew the gatotsu. IF not, whats the diff between the gatotsu and hirazuki?

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

the Hirazuki is a right handed forward thrust. the Gatotsu is left handed. also the stance that the Gatotsu is different. the Hirazuki is often times done while running while the Gatotsu is a standing stance.