Video Games Halo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Infected_Mite, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Infected_Mite

Infected_Mite New Member

Well I've had Halo 1 and 2 sitting around in my game library for a few while now and recently got bored.

I'm not much of a fan boy type. I am for EverQuest just because I enjoy its story but back on subject. I'm not officially a Halo fan boy. I just enjoy its challenge and difficulty. I played Halo 1 on legendary and had a blast. Rather than just firing weapons and going all out. I had to be careful and use my brain for once in a FPS. Warthog ftw!

Then Halo 2... All I can say is wow.. The legendary difficulty went way up compared to Halo. A few shots and I'm dead. Especially sniper jackals. Gotta love 1 shot kills. Just makes me think of playing online "/\/00b, Iz g0t 1 sh0tz of d3@th & I pwn j00" When I finally beat it, I felt quite accomplished. Shortly after my 360 had the unplayable disc error of doom. $100 bucks later and I'm about to send my 360 off for repairs. Back on subject again. Halo 3 is coming and I simply cannot wait for the story ending. I've yet to read the Halo novels but once I make a trip to my local books-a-million which is an hour away I'll be reading away. Anyway I'm gonna link a few Halo 3 Trailers for all Halo fans to enjoy who might have not seen them yet.

Enjoy!:cool:

Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta IGN Video

GameDaily presents the official Halo 3 Trailer shown during Monday Night Football on December 4, 2006. Enjoy!

Another Halo 3 E3 Trailer

Halo 3 E3 2007 Trailer
    ( This is my favorite )
    (Can you figure out the secret message at the end of the video?)

Halo Wars ( Sounds good. I've been waiting for a good RTS since Starcraft and Warcraft stopped being made )

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Hah hah. Edit. =) Our computers are messed up..
    I watched all the trailers.
    Mainly around the same time the person who posted this did.
    I beat Halo 2 on normal/multiplayer.
    Can't wait until Halo 3 comes out and I can conclude the story..

3. Infected_Mite

Infected_Mite New Member

I beat'em both on Legendary single player. You suck :D

Just kidding. Love ya!

Also if anyone wants to friend invite me on Xbox Live. I'll be offline until my box is fixed but my gamertag is InfectedMite

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Oh dear lord. Please. Not Again. Would the nightmare ever stop?

I really loathe the Halo series. It's probably one of the most overrated game series ever. I have played both the Xbox and PC versions and the game feels so "into-the-same-box-of-fps-games" as in, same way of playing, same way of stoy and same way of missions.

Half-life was different, and it will remain, accourding to me, as one of the most successfull and complete FPS games around.

1 person likes this.
  5. Infected_Mite

Infected_Mite New Member

Your opinion. Congratulations on it.

Edit - BTW, you mentioned playing Halo 1 & 2. Did you do it on legendary?

Source - Wikipedia
    The game's sales generated US$125 million on its premiere day, making it the fastest selling United States media product in history. The game has sold over 7 million copies worldwide since release.

6. Teddz

Don't remember :)

If the game sells good doesn't mean that the game is good. I mean, all the EA sports sell pretty much and they aren't all that great.

Look at Planescape: Torment. Sold only in 400 000 copies, but is probably one of the most brilliant games ever.

Well, Halo did sell that much, then the game probably is good. However, I don't see why it's so hyped as it is and I don't think my opinion will ever change when it comes to Halo. For me, Halo will be one of "those" games that it's either too overhyped or that it's just too mainstream.

7. Infected_Mite

Infected_Mite New Member

I understand where your coming from. I actually didn't play Halo up until a month ago. I had bought them a while back but hadn't played them because I don't like jumping onto stuff with a lot of hype on it. I'm not a big Star Wars fan for example.

I'm just excited about Halo 3 and its story conclusion and multi-player for my 360. I mainly made a topic about it so I could meet some other Halo fans and possibly get some gamer tags to add when my box gets fixed to add and play with (or against) online.

Half Life was awesome but I like Gears of War a lot as well. Hardcore Co-Op was a blast. Unfortunately I didn't have a router to support xbox live and I didn't get to play it online as it was a rental. I also didn't get to keep a lot of my achievements because of some weird error with converting my regular gamer tag from normal to xbox live. So if you check it out you'll mostly only see Oblivion and Guitar Hero 2.

I'm still hoping Halo Wars is an alright game. Civilization 4 was fun but I miss my futuristic RTS games. I wish Blizzard would quit screwing with WoW so much and make another Diablo or Warcraft/Starcraft RTS. I figure Diablo 2's expansion was the end of the story but man... I loved that game.

8. Teddz

www.starcraft2.com ;)

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ah Halo. I don't know what, but I really like the story.

I don't know why, it's not really that complex, but something about it is just getting to me.

Hopefuly this Trilogy doesn't blow it *cough*Matrix*cough*

There's only one game with a 3 I'm waiting for right now though.

Guitar Hero 3-Legends of Rock

I'm already trying to somehow get a modded PS2, so I can play custom songs on GH2.

:p

-Seishin

10. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

I play Halo 2.
    Gamertag: HeroicGenjj.

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Oh righty-oh, this reminds me, I myself played the beta, and it's shaping up nice.

The not so big graphical leap isn't so bad, it's the core of the gameplay that counts in the end. Meaning no lag and stuff.

I've also been lucky enough to see the single player campaign in action, and since the graphics there run at 30fps, it looks very sweet. Not the best though.

Looks nice on both SDTV's and HDTV's.

Oh, and for those of you 360, I do have a Gamertag, but there's not point in putting it, since I don't play Halo 2, lol.

If you still want it, PM me, that way we can chat and stuff like cool people XD

-Seishin