Happiness?

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Basher, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Not one to be so emotional but it feels as of late whenever I am actually happy or anxious for some reason someone comes around and destroys it.

I believed in the fact that you can make your own happiness. But I am not so sure anymore.

I got my son two puppies on his birthday. Well one was mine and the other is his. We argue over our cat so I figured two instead of one. EVERYONE, I knew had to say something about it negative. I was happy. My son was. Then POP. Gained a lil back but it is hard. Plus I walk more now.

Started working at McD's which I needed a job that won't mess with my school work. Was happy. Working. Stress from bills gone. And here comes people I know and their talk. POP. So annoying. Took a while to not care. Have a feeling an ex will appear. THAT will be fun.

Couldn't wait for next semester. Less work and crazy hours. Then POP can't take the courses I want to with my friends. Which isn't my fault my adviser the worst. Don't talk to her at all until now. Need schedule done so I can get my work schedules fixed. Can't do that.

I normally don't let things bother me like this but when it adds to stress then I do. Which all do. But that is life.

Trying to make a better life for my son and me is getting tough. Let's just hope his useless father doesn't come around.

Happiness sucks.

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

God = asshole (but praise be

God = asshole (but praise be to him for being the one who had to do it!) When your not happy, you want to be happy; and when your happy you want to not be. Hope you find the good in happiness but it's doubtful because then life is pretty boring!

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Bertrand Russell

Perhaps your focus is incorrect. If all our happiness is bound up entirely in our personal circumstances, it is difficult not to demand of life more than it has to give.

Freedom comes only to those who no longer ask of life that it shall yield them any of those personal goods that are subject to the mutations of time.

In other words, you already have great things that brings you happiness, and that which brings us real happiness is intangible and unchangeable anyway. Don't let your perspective become warped by machinations of others. You will be fine.

4. Basher

Interesting

Can't help feeling about the moment. Because life is about the moment to moment.

Wish I could think over all.

5. Basher

AH peachy

Good thing I can't find the good. ;)

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Do me a favor. Go outside,

Do me a favor. Go outside, sit back in a chair and look at the world around you. If you have a dog bring him out with you. The dog, the birds, the trees and the insects don't stress and worry. They live in the moment. All of their senses are right there, in the moment, taking in everything, not worrying about the future.

Humans call this meditation. You don't have to whip out a yoga mat and close your eyes to meditate. Simply focus all five of your senses at once and, if for a few moments, take in everything at once. Focus about the moment and shed the worries and stress about the future. When you're in the moment you realize things that would otherwise escape you. The things that make you happy in the moment, even the small, inconsequential things, are things that make you happy all the time. Why do you think dogs are always so happy? They permanently live in the moment.

You're not living in the moment. You're living in the past and planning for the future. When you're in the moment, there's nothing else but you.

Puppies know more about being happy than people do, I say we take a card from their deck.