Languages and Culture Happy 4th of July!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artemis836, Jul 4, 2011.

1. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

To all you Americans who are members of M2A, Happy 4th of July!

“I believe that [the 4th of July] will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other." ~John Adams

Illuminations are the old word for fireworks, btw, so if your local state has tried to outlaw fireworks go and set them off anyway. This is America for pete's stake, if its good enough for the Founding Fathers it's good enough for me.

I actually just watched the first two episodes of a great series put together by the History Channel on the American Revolution to get me in the spirit of things.

I hope everyone has a great 4th, grill some hot dogs and burgers, see your family, and treasure the freedoms and liberties which we have been blessed with.

God Bless America

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

AMERICA, **** YEAH!

No really, congratulations. I will be visiting your amazing country in 20 days.

Love,
    An European <3

3. Firefox

Firefox Member

July 1st was our day. I pretty much just sat at home and played video games and stuff. Sure it would have been boring for anyone else, but I really appreciated the downtime. It's nice to get to relax once in awhile.

The 4th? I worked. :p

Good on ye though, guys. Happy 235th~

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

We went out to a lake away from the levees and the flood crap (and away from the city since we can't shoot them in town) and blew up the god damn world. It was glorious. =D Just need to find somewhere to restock bottle rockets since we're practically out and we don't sell them in our state anymore. (LAME)

Setting up a peg board with them goes through them quickly. =p

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I've seen enough explosives in my time. I spend the 4th relaxing on our balcony, pouring through "The Sword of Shannara", watching the sunset and enjoying the sounds of distant fireworks. Quite different from the rest of the booze hounds who got hammered, burned some meat over coals and puked during national anthem, straight into their swimming pools.

Wait, hold on. My "super pretentious-elitist" switch was activated, let me flip that thing off.

...Ah, yes. My 4th of July was quite enjoyable.

Teddz, where do you plan on traveling once you cross the pond?

~W

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Peg board and bottle rockets neat idea.

I just stick them all in a bottle pointing them in every direction and put a lit sparkler in the middle. Muhahaha. Got in trouble with fam last year. So my bro took the hint this year.

Not much happened on the 4th for me. Small BBQ and show. Went and did fireworks the next night. Its lame that you can buy fireworks until middle of August but you can't light them off until next July 4th.