Happy Birthday Manga to Anime!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Cloud, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello all -

Well, it's hard to believe we are 14! Manga to Anime was founded on 2 February 2001, and as you know it went through a reincarnation as boards.jp and back again to Manga to Anime during that time.

I've been looking through some of our old threads and hope to start making some new ones. Personally I'm gearing up for a trip to Tokyo in June and look forward to telling you all about it. I've also recently gotten myself a Japanese Import Car (JIC) and have had a lot of fun figuring out how it works. I've caught up with some long-lost manga in the past year, including Death Note, Bastard, Bleach, Blade of the Immortal, and Battle Angel Alita Last Orders (of course!). Also excited to see new Gatchaman stuff on the way...

I look forward to hearing how you are all doing too and also getting some anime recommendations if you will. I got me a Roku-type box and am wondering how you find CrunchyRoll (those who use it).

So, have yourselves a piece of cake today and keep one for Miia too!

John

2. richard

richard New Member

Crunchyroll is pretty good - regional restrictions aside, it has a good selection and being able to release anime on a similar schedule to airing in japan is a huge advantage.

3. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

What's the cost like? I have a Now TV box that is a rebadged Roku and see CR as one of the options but just wondering is it a Netflix all you get fee or per ep...

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

I use the free version, and apparently have my browser set correctly. I've been watching sailormoon crystal there. So far you get everything for free, when you pay is where you start getting the HD quality episodes. Of course, I could be missing something. >.>

5. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey BloodBerry! Great to see you :) Excellent - I must see if that's possible on my box, else I'll try the Web and/or apps...

6. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

happy birthday indeed! Hard to believe it's been that long. And that my login still works

Bloodberry likes this.
  7. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

:) Hey Mamiya! I missed all the action on Thursday, next day my fever kicked in - damn flu!

8. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, I started watching "Gatchaman Crowds" last night, didn't see any ads yet, and the quality was good (I'm not sure how much HD my broadband could handle anyway)!

I also started watching J-Dorama "No Dropping Out: Back to School at 35" - silly but fun.