Video Games Happy fun WoW time

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bloodberry, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it's a busy summer and i just wanna brag about my awesome boys and girls =p

1: http://www.wowjutsu.com/us/lothar/The Followers of Bob <3 badges

2: 4 bear mounts in the month of july. damn. [​IMG] we rule.

3: kara is weak-sauce. every one knows that. funny thing is, so is gruul, and ssc isn't turning out too badly either. =p 3 bosses in ssc, 1 in tk (though that will change sunday) and 1 in hyjal. not bad for a casual guild.

so, who all is still playing and how we doing? =3

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

My rogue's in retirement at the moment. I might bring him out if things settle down here. Still need to kill Vashj and Kael, but I've got exp up to them. Got a 70 druid that I use to piss people off my spamming heals in bg's. OP hurray~ Now if I only had some real armor. I don't play much anymore.

~W

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

My little 21 rogue is doing fine and weird enough i also have a level 7 druid. I went to battlegrounds at level 19 and had a tiiime. I hate the twinks that come and own my poor little roguie though..

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

am never on or am just about to log off when a chunk of the guild goes to bgs. ;-; cause it's only fun for me that way. i absolutely loathe doing it alone. >.>; that and dueling. did that for the first time since launch the other day. didn't have the heart to tell the guy i beat twice, 1 i had never dueled before, and 2 i had forgot to spec my talent points >.>

the co-lead wanted to just leap in and see what people wanted, so since may we've been doing progression 25-mans. if you look fen up on armory, he also has the arena teams of ours. great names.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

kinda stepping away a bit. no where near as hard into it at the moment. =p though i know wrath will eat me >.>

current bear count: hell, i think we hit 20...or 23...someone in guild is counting >.>

6. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

LOL. I'm also excited about the Wrath of the Lich King. :] I'm pretty hardcore at the moment with WoW. It is eating my life. One of you should come to Emerald Dream, make an alt and play with me.

7. wertitis

WARHAMMER > WOW

This has been a public service announcement from the W.E.R.T. public announcement services.

That is all.

~W

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

eh, wasn't too fond of it.

ragnarok however finally has a free server again >.> rocker/poring murder!

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I miss WoW but not enough to play. I am in permanent retirement.

10. Basher

Anyone still playing debating if I should or not...

11. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

Haha, I started up playing around June because a friend wanted me to.

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm still paying for my WoW account, but haven't logged in for over a month. We ran into a bit of guild drama... I'm just waiting to start Old Republic.

13. wertitis

Would you believe I gave it a test run last weekend for the open beta? That game was actually fun. At least, playing as the Sith was. Bioware did a pretty good job, and the game plays a lot like Mass Effect. The fact that it's so story driven is refreshing. Not to mention the Sith are evil. Not like, mustache twirling/Snidely Whiplash evil, but as in genuinely murderous/tormentingly evil. My Sith warrior made Darth Vader look like a carebear by comparison. Great fun.

I'm in the same boat as you. I can't wait for this game to come out.

~W

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Played in the last two beta weekends for SWTOR and experienced just about every classes intro planet. I'm stoked more than ever and can't wait for it to come out.

WoW... well, I haven't touched it for years. Gave it a rest midway through WotLK then gave it another chance a little before Cataclysm and it had become an abomination of dungeon facerolling I didn't recognize. Entertained notions of trying to pick it back up for Cata, but holding out for SWTOR served to stymie that (thankfully).

Being a huge Star Wars fan and BioWare follower, it was no brainer (preordered the day they opened). Even have a small guild preregistered and ready for deployment upon launch.

15. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm stoked for space combat, I can't wait to make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. Until SWTOR comes out I'm getting lost in Skyrim, and really liking it.

Back to WoW, I've always been the type in that game to go for the achievements and professions. Before I took a break I fished up the sea turtle mount and Mr. Pinchy. When Mists of Pandaria gets released I may give that a try. I heard that there is going to be a Pokemon-style companion battle and collecting system. I tried to catch em all when I was on, but then got railed on because my gear score wasn't super omg epics. Ugh...

16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

I'm also waiting for ToR. =3 was in the last 2 beta and liked it.

WoW...i stopped playing a year and a half ago. ish. i got bored as the guild went more raid and just ignored anyone that wasn't a raider. the atmosphere seriously changed. and due to gear score taking over the ability to have fun and do stupid things very well was pretty much removed by the players. and then the guild exploded for some reason. all i know was i got blamed even though by that point, i hadn't played the game for 6-9 months, and had passed the leadership on a couple months before that. i don't ask. Looking forward to seeing how the goon guild in ToR is gonna be. >.>

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm glad I left the game before this "gearscore" thing became prevalent. I mean, you'd get the occasional tool who felt like spamming chat with daamage meters all the time, but nothing on the level of withholding invites or kicking people based on a scoring of their gear. Yes, I can see where it made sense for harder tasks, but as I understand it people were using it at the lower spectrum as well because they wanted ultra fast clears.

Here's hoping SWTOR sticks to their mentality of keeping out the combat log and damage meters. I won't argue such things aren't useful tools, but at some point the game is less about having fun and more about crunching numbers.

18. Basher

Soooo....WoW doesn't sound to fun anymore. Happens. Just looking for a RPG where I can do quests. Mine and etc.

Let me know how SWTOR is cuz no time for nothing. T.T