Harry Potter Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Basher, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

If I am mistaken then BB can move this thread.

Harry Potter book 6 is called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

For those who don't believe me go to www.jkrowling.com and find the door.

Okay okay I'll help you some.

Click on the hair band once the desk comes up. You will be at the door once the do not disturb sign is gone open the door. You will be in a room with bricks. The bricks move. Click the middle one, the one below it, the one above the middle, the lowest one of all, and the highest. Then you'll be in a room; click on the fan. The fan will blow papers around and one of them will have the title.

I think there could be many that could be the prince. Draco, Dean Thomas, and Longbottom to name a few. What do you all think?

2. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Draco would be my first guess...does it say when it is comming out??

~*~Misao

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I would have my dout's about it being Draco cause he's always boast'ed about how he is a pureblood. Personally i won't have a clue about it, but i'm deffenatly looking forward to the release.

4. Tailki

Tailki New Member

Hopefully this book won't come out for a while yet...just because I haven't read the Order of the Pheonix yet, it's just so big! The Half Blood Prince was on the news a while ago, just saying that the new book is called Harry Potter and the Half Blood (blooded?) Prince.

5. Basher

It is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Late in 2005 when it will come out.

Actually I don't think Draco has ever claimed to be pure blood. Most people assumed. But the place were I got it could be wrong. To bad we don't have a Hermonie to check the books.

Does anyone have any ideas on what they think is going to happen?

I hope one thing will happen but we all know it won't. :(

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

You might be right. But i remember Hagrid saying in one of the books that he always thinks of himself of a pureblood, it was after he called Hermoine a mudblood for the first time.

7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Oi, i cant wait! I love the Harry Potter Series.

It would be really funny to find out that Longbottom was the Pure Blood Prince XD.

8. Basher

I am rereading the 5th book. I was thinking isn't Malfoys mom related to the Blacks? I'll have to check.

The story goes for Dean is that he calls his stepdad dad. His real dad is a wizard. But his mom is a muggle so I starting to think he could be.

Longbottoms parents are a witch and a wizard. I don't think it was stated about his mom though. His dad was an Arror (sp?).

9. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yeah. I think it's Malfoy's mother is Sirius's cousin or sister.
    And it's Auror.

10. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I was reading on a site and found that this "Half Blood Prince" thing was a working title for the second book... and Rowling is using for the 6th book.

Yeah, and it makes Draco Sirius's nephew, I think. Also, I thought for sure Neville was pure-blood, in one of the books there is mention of it.
    Oooo I can't wait until it comes out! Do you mean late as in Fall/Winter of 2005?

At first I thought the Half Blood Prince might be Voldemort, but nevermind, on her site she states its not. I suspect it's Neville because she said he would be very important in future books.

11. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Another unmentioned possibility is, of course, the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I mean it's practically expected of Rowling now to fire/kill off/rehire new DADA teachers anually, and there's almost always some weird scenario going on with them. I think it's actually a plausible theory, but it does seem a little more likely that it'd be a Hogwarts student rather then a teacher.

Dean doesn't strike me as a likely possibility, mainly because Rowling's website states that Dean's background story probably won't ever be related in the books because it doesn't pertain much to the plot, unlike Neville's, which (according to her) plays a huge role in the 6th and 7th books.

12. Basher

If everyone remembers from the fifth book why that is so about Neville. We won't say for Tailki sake. :D

I got to that part about Malfoys mom. Yeah she is related to the Black family.

For the DADA teacher I heard a rumor that Snape could take it. I don't think so though.

13. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

Then you don't think it could be a completely new character? Or even Harry himself? It's possible!

But I wish J K Rowling would hurry up a bit...
    :D

14. Basher

Only reason why she is taking so long is because she had a baby. Having a baby takes atleast 9 months. :D

Hey some peole do need pregnancy leave.

I doubt Harry would be the DADA treacher. He still in school. Maybe when he is out and becomes an Auror and a few years after that.

I heard Bill Weasly might be the new DADA teacher. Snape could also. I doubt both though. Myabe someone new like Tom Riddle's daughter or son that no one knows about.

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

book 5, when sirius was going through that tapestry? if the family had even tainted itself with non-wizard blood, his mother would have burned the malfoy family name off the tapestry. i'd assume draco and sirius would be more along the lones of some sort of cousins. all he really goes off to explain is that 95% of all pure blood wizards are related.

both of neville's parents were aurorers actually. and i'd want to think him for the prince in all honesty. maybe it's that pathetic look that makes me think that.

all i know, is that i want it NOW XD especially after book 5...i just want 6 & 7 to be out...T-T though, need to pick up a normal version of book 1 sometime, and get book 2 XD (i have that $75 leather bound version of book 1 that i refuse to read as i don't want to hurt it.)

16. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

woops! forgot about that... :sweat2:

17. Basher

Sirius was also burned from the tapestry. He was linked to half-bloods (by running away) so it just isn't marriage when they get burned off. Plus now a days with infidelity anything is possible.

This is what I am wondering about I just read book 4. I am over 50 percent sure that it said that Neville's dad was an Auror and they also took his mom in for question about Voldamort where abouts. But nothing was said on if she was an Auror if I remember correctly. Just his dad. But most people would presume that she would be. But in Book 5 she was part of the Order of the Phoenix if we all remember the picture Mad eye showed Harry. So, she is a witch. Now I believe that Neville isn't the half blood prince unless there was some infidelity there too.

So I think that with in reasonings Neville and Draco won't be unless they don't know about a certain biological mom/dad. If anything another character could be. As long as JKR sticks to what a half blood is.

18. Tailki

Tailki New Member

19. Basher

So you know Sirius died. I hope that he would come back in book 6. But that will not happen. I wonder something though. Considering Sirius was the owner of the house and he is dead. Wouldn't Harry get everything? Including the Black house. But the house could belong to the Order of the Phoenix.

Anyway the part about Neville's importance is the last few chapters in book 5. I don't want to give much out for Tailki sake. ^_^

20. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I hope that there's more to do with the order in this book. I wonder if the order will start working for the ministery in this one or will it still be independant?