Harry Potter Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Basher, Jul 15, 2004.

1. BEAT

BEAT New Member

wow I am surprised no one has made the connection yet from the HBP to Volemort? his father was a muggle, not sure about his mum.
    You learn that in book 2.
    Ans as Voldemort shall be making more of an appearance in the last 2 books I would think it would be related to him?? JMO ;)

No, Sirius cant be brought back to life, but doesnt anyone remember what Luna said? there are ways of contacting the dead or something like that, and also , the curtain to which Sirius fell behind. harry could hear others who had passed behind the curtain...I think that curtain will make an appearance in the next book as well.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/155192756X/701-5399917-1450738
    you can preorder the book here.
    It comes out July 16th.

I do not think Lupin will be back as the DADA teacher, nor will Snape teach it. I think it is an opportunity for another new teacher to make an appearance.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

And the obvious sonce again escapes me.

I think Voldemorts mother was a witch. He disliked his father so much for being a muggle. He doesn't make any sense to me sometimes. He hates any wizard not pure blood and he isn't.

Okay do we all agree in the 4th book that Voldemort killed his parents many years ago?

3. Gossip_girl

Gossip_girl New Member

Defenitley. There are so many posibilities as to how the HBP is but I just can't wait until the book comes out. In the fifth book I really liked the way JKR told us about James Potters school days and I hope we get a bit more of that kind of thing in the sixth book. :) I hate being kept in suspence for so long, I need to know what happens now. (As you may have guessed I'm a little bit impatient. :))

4. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i wonder if she got the idea from Hitler :anger2: :dizzy2:

it would be funny if Tonks became the new DADA.

*sees Hogworts exploding* :dizzy2:

5. Basher

Completeily agree it would be. What is that name of that guy who was in the guard? He is an arror? He was supposed to be finding Sirus in book 5.

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Kingsley Shacklebolt?

1 person likes this.
  7. Basher

That's it. I think he would be a good DADA.

8. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I really would love to see Tonks as the next Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I wonder if now that Voldemort is officially back, Harry will be getting private lessons from Dumbledore? Or somebody experienced. As long as it's not Snape again! XD

I have a good feeling Snape will end up being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at one point.. most likely book seven.

9. Basher

I have to agree with you on the Snape finally being the DADA teacher. After how many years of wanting it? A doubt Dumbledore could say no again.

Either Tonks or Kingsley is my pick for the DADA teacher. But maybe it would be better to have someone else. Usually the something happens to the DADA teacher.

I also hated the fact that Snape was teaching Harry. Dumbledore may be to busy. I hope not though. I would love to see more dueling. Hopefully the dueling club. And more rivalry between Harry and Malfoy.

10. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

again..

i have come up with an ingenouios idea (like i cant spell) again!!!lmao! no but this is actually a good one. hermonie type! Malfoy or someone has been drugging nevilles parents in the hospital so they dont regain there memories. Using the droobles gum. They always have wrappers.they must get one everyday. The lestranges maY Have used a memory charm on him nd harry ron and hermonie will break it. then neville will be a really better wizard. Because he didnt *inherient* his parents talent....yah right... sooooo what do you think of that??? they said malfoys donated tons of money to the hospital in the fifth book. :D am i good or what? :D

11. Yossarian

theres all this talk about neville being the HBP he's not even a half wizard, but what about seamus (SP) he is. :sweat2:

12. bailey

bailey New Member

Spoiler!

I've heard, well from the mouth of J.K Rowling, that the Half Blood Prince is Mark Evans. Someone I remember in the fifth book being bullied by Dudley and his cronies.
    I think he is called Mark Evans. My memory sometimes betrays me.

13. Yossarian

isn't it on her website that mark evens was a nobody.. a fill in character?

i'm sure it says something like this
    "Mark evens is nobody he's nobody in a sence that mr. prentice madam marsh and gordon- dudleys gang memebers are nobodies just back ground people who need names"

before you say something like that you should check you facts. ;)

one point for Noodle!

14. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

As you can see in the other sticky thread, the HBP book covers have been released! I think it's rather intriguing that Dumbledore is on both the American and British covers!

I also suggest taking a look at the announcement in the forum :) I hope you enjoy the countdown

15. Yu_ki

Yu_ki New Member

Well, I always thought Dumbledore kind of adopted him already... Besides, if not on paper, his aunt's family in practice protects him, even though it might be involuntarily up to a point... Didn't Dumbledore say an ancient magic keeps Harry protected when he is at his aunt's house?

It would be so cool if Hagrid is the half-blood prince! Especially, since one normally imagines a student in that role (though, I think I read somewhere in the news that JKR said Draco, favorite #1, is not the prince). I mean, it would make up for all of Hagrid's humiliations in the past... Of course, provided that the "half-blood prince" label has a positive meaning attached to it.

It's Hermione. I think the pairings at the end might surprise us all. JKR has already started to develop the characters in a more realistic way. How about Ginny changing boyfriends and the outcome of Harry-Cho's relationship? Hermione might or might not end up with Ron; it all depends on how ready she is to put up with waiting for him to admit his feelings for her to himself and act upon them... As to Harry, after book 5 I stopped wondering, because, as much as I hate to say it out loud, he might not make it past the 7th volume...

Also, I thought Fred & George's shop already has a name. Since they started advertising it in the Daily Prophet (their mom doesn't read it since it has taken to ridiculing Harry), they should have come up with a name, too, don't you think? The marketing geniuses' couple that they are! I am pretty sure that the name is in the 5th book, but unfortunately I can't remember the English one since the last time that I read it was in Bulgarian :)

16. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes is the joke shop's name, I think.

17. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

When i found out that the 6th book is called"HP and the Half Blood Prince" for some reason Inu Yasha came to mind :dizzy2: (i need a holiday). Anywayz,I think that a new character would be introduced who would be a half-blood prince.

18. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

It's simple to understand, if you've read all the books (i've read #5 twice)
    The half blood has to be either Harry himself or Voldemort. One or the other.

19. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

It's also simply stated on JK Rowling's official site that neither Harry nor Voldemort are the Half-Blood Prince.

20. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

im not sure if longbottom is half/half but i wouldnt be surprised if he was the prince. i think that would be cool.