Harry Potter Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Yossarian, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

this book is so awsome

it starts out good and end good.
    you'll never believe who the half blood prince is.
    poor Draco.
    Severus.......

definatly the best one yet.

1 person likes this.
  2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I wouldn't expect that from you Neph. But you are right.

I was very surprised what happened. And a little sad it dawned on me what probably will happen in Book 7.

3. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

It's really good. I got it and finished reading it on the day it came out :D
    The end is really sad though.

4. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I'm so sad.
    All the stores near me ran out and since I was on vacation, I forgot to reserve one.
    Is it really the best one yet?
    I can't wait to read it now!

5. Basher

It was okay. It was slowly building up into something big. It leads you into the final book. I was very surprised by what happened in the end.

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ye i thought that the ending was a big shock, i really didn't see that coming, although i knew it was going to happen (so i heard from the rumors) i never thought it would be that person, i actually though it was going to be Cho.

Well, no all i have to do is wait another 2 years for the next one :p. I've heard J.K Rowling is not looking forward to writing the next one, probably since its going to be the last.

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

This book must be something big. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet, but i plan to. This book was about to beat the single-day record sale of Halo 2. Something to really note.

-Seishin

8. Basher

I could see that there was a big line where I got my copy at Wal-Mart. It streched very far and that isn't including people who reserved and other stores.

9. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

yeah, i heard it was breaking some sort of record. i'm getting it as soon as i can....it sounds, niiiiiiice^^ plus i just luuuv Harry!

10. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Bought it the day it came out and finsihed it Sunday. I love this book. All the way through I was on the edge of my seat. The ending is sad though. But something tells me it will help Harry out in the end.

11. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

loved the story
    hated what happebed at the end
    suprised at relashionships
    about all i can say without spoilers

12. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I want to get the book, but am not like crazy to get, I could wait. When I was in Colorado, I was at Target around 9:00 Am and only like 2 books were gone off the shelf, I should have gotten it then, but eh. Though it does sound good from what you have said, just I can barely remember last few. lol

13. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Although I'd accurately predicted the (general) outcome of the book half-way through, actually having to read it was devastating. Darn JKR and her annoying habit of habituatlly offing my favorite characters!

Is it weird that I still like Snape?

14. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yes! I finally got a copy today.
    I'm was so suprised about the Half-Blood Prince!!
    And the ending was so sad. :(
    The relationships suprised me, never thought Harry and her would be an item.
    I knew she used to like him but still.
    And I loved the group of 1st years that were in love with Harry.
    That was hilarious.
    This is sort of a spoiler but you find out pretty soon, but

The relationships suprised me, never thought Harry and her would be an item.

I cannot believe Snape finally got the Defense Against the Dark Arts job!
    This was probably the best one in my opinion.

15. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

oh no!! you guys are talking about relationships...and sad ending!!! now i MUST read the book!!!! (it's harry and hermione, isn't it?!!)

16. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

This one was SO different from the other books. I mean the relationships in it were just crazy, everybody was hooking up with someone! Hormones...
    All I can say is, I like the couple they mention at the end. I was surprised and thought it was cute... <3

And yeah, very much more emotional than the others. I WOULD have been sad at the ending, however, a day before the book came out I accidentily stumbled upon the spoiler that was all over the ytmnd pages... Gah.

My friend and I were wondering how they were going to keep this one PG when the movie comes out... what with the Inferi among other things.

I loved learning about Voldy's past. Such a precious little kid, eh?

17. Basher

Since it has been out time to talk via spoilers.

I hated the fact that Harry lost another close person. He was his mentor. He already lost Sirius. Why did JKR have to do this one? And why did he have to be the killer?

I couldn't believe he was the killer. He after all gave away his parents but I think because of the binding he did it. He just couldn't die. The one he killed didn't care about that. I think he was just afraid to die.

Looks like they lost another one. Ever since Voldermort wanted the job. I remember thinking oh look atleast he will stop that from happening. Boy I was wrong. Did anyone guess what happened at the end?

Technically it can't be year seven at least as far as school goes. But we will have to wait and see. At least that is what I thought it went by.

It isn't strange to still like Snape after this happened. He was in aguish over what he did. I think he is afraid to die. Kind of like that rat what was his name? Padfoot? No.

18. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Wormtail. Padfoot was Sirus cause he transformed into a dog.

19. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I didn't like the part about Snape (i only read the spoilers elsewhere, sorry :p )

But i'd love Snape being a good guy but look evil... this would show us that there could be diversity and arguments even between the good guys (Snape, Dumbledore), but both wanting to do "the right thing".

What a waste. Hey, what can we expect from JKR? Stereotyped heroes, stereotyped villains... pfft.

20. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've had a thought on who R.A.B might be, does anyone else think its
    Regulus A. Black? Sirius's brother?

I can't be sure since i don't know his middle name.