Harry Potter Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Yossarian, Jul 17, 2005.

1. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

I found The Half-Blood Prince quite interesting, what I can't understand is why so many people hate Severus Snape. Sure he
    did kill off a major character,
    but that adds more to the role he plays, and whats to come in the book. I personally think it was for the best. And for Voldemort, he is also on my list of favorites. I have become deeply interested in what made him the way he is today. Out of the book, my favorite part was
    when Albus and Harry looked into the Pensive, and delved through Tom's past.
    It adds so much to why he is now Lord Voldemort. i know a whole lot of people that are dying to get the next book, but why get it so soon? You would'nt get the pleasure of coming up with theories of your own.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

About R.A.B. it could have been but I thought he got killed because he wanted out.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Lucky me they sell the book in where I work in. Surely I didn't get to read all of it, but i read a good piece. It's looking preety good. It's people like the author, with that kind of imagination, that we need for Hollywood, unless we want it to flunk.

Hope to read more of it though, because it got preety interesting.

-Seishin

4. Black_Princess*

Black_Princess* New Member

I loved this book :) I think it was one of the best ones. I defintly cant wait for the 7th!!

5. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I know! Hogwarts definitely needs to start taking some precautions against mono =P. At the rate things are going, if even one student within the HW premises caught mono, all the magic in the world wouldn't be able to prevent a schoolwide epidemic! :eek:

1 person likes this.
  6. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

Is this true? :O About .. Dumbledore?

7. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

That realy is interesting information. I knew about R.AB. But I never thought about the later. Here is a direct quote from The Order of the Pheonix that supports the theory of who R.A.B. is.
    "...he got in so far, then panicked about what he was asked to do and tried to back out." It may not seem like much, but I think it does link up to the oh so mysterious R.A.B.

8. Basher

R.A.B. is Sirius brother. I didn't take into account when the 1/2 souls were done. All but 1 had to have been done before Harry's parents died. The last one being the snake. So with the timeline Regulus would have to have grabbed it. We don't know the order in which everything was made. He died in 1980. The same year the prophecy was made and Harry born. So it would make since then. Aye?

9. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I think so too. Might I also point out that the letter that was from R.A.B. on the fake horcrux was for "The Dark Lord." Regulas was a death eater, and they address their master like that. (They don't call him Voldemort.)

10. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

although the end was sad... it was only to get us more exited about the next book. i can't wait for the next (and probably the last) book to come out. if the next one is the last i'll miss harry. this was one of the few stories a got really attached to. JKR did outsmart herself writing this book. :)

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

1 person likes this.
  12. Basher

I liked your reveiw. You did a good job with it. I really didn't think I noticed how the characters changed. But I have yet to read the book again like I planned too.

13. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Thanks a lot - you'll have to tell me what you think about that aspect too once you're satisfied with your re-reading of it. Of course, when I showed it to one of my favourite teachers, he said "Not your best - rewrite it for the FAX (school newspaper). You should edit 60-70% of it." :p