Movies Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Chane, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Personally, I'm not big on the whole discriminating between book to movie or whatever so I find myself to be a huge fan of the Harry Potter movies and books both. Just in case people haven't really bothered looking or checking into things, here's what's known of so far (I know, most people are probably up to date on this but I tend to stay out of these things for a few months and just gather all the released news at once :p):

The release date is being aimed for July 11th - 20th of 2007 (thankfully a week after Transformers is due out so it won't compete with it much), and the first official theatrical trailer is due out November 17th with the release of the movie Happy Feet.

There's still a bit to answer and a bit to be seen (as it stands now, it seems, unfortunately, both the roles of Mundungus Fletcher and Bill Weasley are written out of any major roles in the movie, although it's not definite if they are completely cut) but there are these that I've found (all of which viewable on the Wikipedia entry of the movie and I'm sure in many other places):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Evanna_as_Luna.jpg

This is Evanna Lynch as the role of Luna Lovegood (having beat out 15,000 "hopefuls" for the role and met with Rowling at the start of shooting of the film and Rowling stated in one word that Evanna was "perfect", even though she is not a natural blonde).

http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1898&pos=2

There is Natalie Tena, who is playing Nymphadora Tonks (and I can assume, and hope, that is only a temporary look for the character as I don't think they'd change the short pink hair).

One of the biggest news announcements that I'm satisfied with is announcement (albeit it was back in May) of Helena Bonham Carter as the role of Bellatrix Lestrange. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a picture of that.

Just to bring this to an end, two final pictures off of Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dumbledore'sarmy.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Umbridge_2509pot2.jpg

In spite of not being exactly like the books, I have yet to be truly disappointed with the series (although I find the two oldest Weasley siblings being left out simply upsetting and I just can't foresee Bill being left out of the Half-Blood Prince movie. If he is, I just might actually dislike that movie).

PS: Admittedly I was unsure whether to throw this in movies or Harry Potter forum, but I ultimately decided on Movies. If it should be in Harry Potter, I'll move it/have it moved.

2. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

3. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I see no photo of Carter as Bellatrix on there, though. :p Which is what I was looking for.

4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

you have to click her name in the cast overview... if you were looking for her as in a picture of her in Harry Potter Garb then you are out of luck sorry lol

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Which is what I said, twice, that there wasn't. :p Thanks anyway, though. I'm sure everyone knows Helena, though.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Wish there were pictures from the end, in the ministry. I'm going to try and catch that part. Not much interested in seeing the whole thing.

I absolutly can't wait for Voldemort and Dumbledor's duel. Just got to hope the director and special effects artists don't blow it *cringe*.

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It may be sometime before any images are shown of Helena. Or it could be tomorrow.

I am for one is excitied for the HP 5.

I agree with Phalanx on wanting to see the duel with Voldemort and Dumbledor. Not on going to see it because you all should know that I will.

8. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

i find that the Harry Potter Movies are crap
    it more fun to sit down and read the book itself

the only ones i found the least bit intrestin is the 1st and 2nd movie