Harry Potter Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by CrunchySalmon, Nov 4, 2003.

1. CrunchySalmon

CrunchySalmon New Member

Which movie did you liek better? The first or the second?
    I thought the second one was good. Ooooo but I can't wait till #3 comes out!! What do y'all think?

2. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

i have to confess that i have read harry potter 1-4, and i kinda like it.

but the movies....puaj! they suck, the actors stink, specially potter:rolleyes: and the story is ripped appart:(

3. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

*twitch* I hate the movies...

lol...

I laughed so hard at J.K Rowling's attempt at romance in the 5th Harry Potter Book..........

~_~ it makes me sick......(But I still like the books :D)

~*Disliking the movies, Foomz*~

4. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

The movies SUCKED in such a way that I was vomiting in disgust.

The books are good though. Cho Chang is a little slut though, why can't she just leave Harry alone.

5. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

Neither Harry Potter is a gay boy

(No offense)

6. Amon

Amon New Member

I recommend, whether you meant offense or not, you watch what you say as homosexuals/bisexuals. ;) We're all around and we've got ears everywhere. Anyways...

I liked both movies; I have yet to read the books.

I hope it doesn't turn out like Lord Of The Rings where the movies were good but the books completely ****ing blew. Guh, such boring books and writing style.

Anyways, my vote would probably have to go to the second movie, I liked that one better, just because of the basilisk-thingy.

7. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I have read all 5 books, and I can say that I enjoyed them all...as for the movies, if you put them on then I could probly say every characters lines....^^; heh....yah...Im a dork....yah I like Harry Potter and not ashamed to say it...

Misao

8. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

I haven't read the books, although I do hear they're rather good. I find it so odd how it became popular so quick. Just out of the blue one day it was like *womp* Harry Pottah is tha shiz!! heh. I liked the movies, myself. The Chamber of secrets was probably my preferred one, however. Most likely because there was that giant phoenix thinger. That was cool. Yeah.

1 person likes this.
  9. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

the movies r ok, but the books r great i read the fifth book in 5 days! :blush2: im so proud its got millions of pages!the rest took me weeks.. including the 1st one! :catgirl:

10. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I stopped reading after the fourth. I actually really didnt happen to like them that much, i prefer other books like classics like the great gatsby more.

11. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

The Harry Potter books have a certain audience that are in the majority :p My mom wont even read the damn books, saying she knows they suck. Whatever.

Anyways, despite my great love for the books (Though Book 5 was evil and I now despise Cho Chang), the movies sucked! The actors were bad, the dialogue was bad, they focused way too much on the action scenes (which they put way out of porportion), they only focused on Harry and ignored the Weasley family completely though they were very important to the plot...and yeah, the movies sucked. The only thing I liked was the Quidditch matches.

I saw a preview for the third movie and though i liked the feeling it gives, I can already tell its going to be another dissapointment...though I'll watch it anyways :p

One day, when I become a famous director :)p :sweat2: ) I'm going to get the damn rights and re-make the movies right...you'll see!!! :p

12. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I can't believe you think that. The books are written beautifully with incredible detail and they are not boring at all.

13. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

The movies are ok, but the actors are pretty bad. I read the 5th book in a day, and i agree, the attempt at showing Harry's 'sexual awakening' were pathetic and as a result a lot of people hate Cho Chang now. I think here only fault is that she doesn't realise that other people are going through tough times too - of course she misses Cedric but...geez, Harry saw him die! She's just a bit self-centred but that contributed the the depth of her character.
    I think with time the actors are getting better and the mext movie should be an improvement. And Tom Felton is a little cutie!
    *kitty*

14. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The movies were crap. And i now confess that i have read all 5 of the books.
    I might watch the next movie cause No.3 was my fav. Sirus Black is was the best character.

Anyway Cho is really self centered and Harry Has gotten really moody in the last book. I guess his hormones are starting to kick in at last.lol

15. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Only seen first movie...ok for kids, not interested in seeing anymore. I'm a Rings fan,me.

16. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

It was "painfully boring and somewhat uninteresting".

In other words. It sucked. Forget watching them in the cinema, stay home and read the book instead.

17. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Or read the making of the movie....

18. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

i've seen somw mangas have been made all based on the books. Maybe their worth a read.

19. Bookworm_42901

Bookworm_42901 New Member

I can't waut for ythe third movie because Alfonso (the director) Is the best ever. He has a great imagination and he one alot of awards for his movie " Y Tu Mama Tambien" which i reccomend you see.

But Chris Columbus sucks really he's some graduate in America using their styles with little imagination.
    Alfonso won't stay true to the books though, he'll make them better.

20. Charlie

Charlie Guest

H.P manga?

"Potter-san, you must battle the seven-headed demon of the underworld and save feudal Japan from the clutches of the evil, naked ,anime chicks!"